Grilinctus Bm Syp 100ml
By FRANCO INDIAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
100ml Syrup in Bottle
30 days return policyRead More
Grilinctus-BM Syrup is a combination of two medicines, Terbutaline and Bromhexine. Bromhexine is a mucolytic agent and Terbutaline is a bronchodilator. Grilinctus-BM Syrup is used for the management of wet cough due to asthma and infection of airways, lungs and throat. The wet cough is usually accompanied by chest tightness, mucous build-up, wheezing and difficulty in expelling out the cough. It works by relaxing the muscles of airways and clearing mucus. You should take this syrup is doses and duration as directed by your doctor. The common side effects with Grilinctus-BM syrup are headache, nausea, indigestion and diarrhoea. Most of which are temporary but if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately.
Uses of Grilinctus Bm Syp 100ml
Grilinctus-BM Syrup is used to manage wet cough associated with bronchial asthma, infection or inflammation in the lungs, throat and airways.
Contraindications of Grilinctus Bm Syp 100ml
- If you are allergic to terbutaline, bromhexine or any other ingredients of this syrup.
- If you have high blood pressure or any other heart problems like heart failure.
- If you have an overactive thyroid or thyroid related disorder.
- If you have liver or kidney function problem.
- If you have a history of or have active ulcer.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you recently had surgery or going to undergo surgery.
- If you have diabetes or you experience seizures and tremors.
Side effects of Grilinctus Bm Syp 100ml
Precautions and Warnings of Grilinctus Bm Syp 100ml
Can I take Grilinctus-BM Syrup during pregnancy?
Grilinctus-BM syrup is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, before starting this medicine.
Can I take Grilinctus-BM Syrup while breastfeeding?
The components of Grilinctus-BM syrup passes into human milk which may affect the breastfed baby. Use this medicine under a doctor's supervision.
Can I drive if I have consumed Grilinctus-BM Syrup?
There is limited information about the effects of Grilinctus-BM syrup on driving. Since this medicine may cause dizziness, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Grilinctus-BM Syrup?
There is limited information about the effects of Grilinctus-BM syrup with alcohol but you should avoid taking alcohol in excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking Grilinctus-BM syrup.
- You have problems with your liver or kidney.
- You have heart problems or high blood pressure.
- You had or have stomach ulcers.
- You have fits, diabetes, glaucoma or thyroid problems.
- You have a rare hereditary problem of fructose intolerance.
- This medicine may have a mild laxative effect (medicines that loosen stools and increase bowel movements).
- This medicine should not be used in children.
Mode of Action of Grilinctus Bm Syp 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Terbutaline is a bronchodilator that acts by relaxing the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances, thus improving airflow to the lungs and making breathing easier.read less
- Bromhexine helps in thinning of the mucous by increasing the production of mucus in the respiratory tract and makes the phlegm thinner and less sticky. Therefore, it makes the expulsion of cough easier.read less
Directions for Use of Grilinctus Bm Syp 100ml
- Take Grilinctus-BM syrup regularly as directed by your doctor.
- This syrup can be taken with or without food. Shake well before use.
- Carefully measure the dose using a special measuring cup or spoon.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Grilinctus Bm Syp 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Grilinctus-BM syrup along with Theophylline used to treat asthma and Propranolol, Atenolol and other similar medicines of this class used to treat high blood pressure is not advised.read less
- Medicines used for the treatment of psychiatric disorders and other medicines used for brain disorders such as Desipramine, Selegiline, Amitriptyline etc. should be used cautiously.
- This syrup should be used with caution in corticosteroids like Prednisone (used to treat inflammation), Acetazolamide (used to prevent altitude sickness), water pills such as Furosemide and Hydrochlorothiazide (used to treat high blood pressure).read less
- Medicines to treat an eye condition called glaucoma including eye drops and medicines to treat asthma or other respiratory disorders may interact with the action of this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Grilinctus Bm Syp 100ml
- Store Grilinctus-BM syrup below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
Dosage of Grilinctus Bm Syp 100ml
The symptoms of an overdose of Grilinctus-BM syrup are muscle shakiness, redness, agitation, palpitation, increased heart rate and low blood potassium level. If you experience any of the symptoms or in case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Grilinctus-BM syrup be given to babies?
A: No, it is not advisable to give Grilinctus-BM syrup to babies as there is very limited safety information related to this medicine in children. You should consult your doctor for proper advice. The pediatric version of this syrup is available which can be given to babies after consulting a child specialist. Do not give any medicine to your baby without consulting a doctor as their bodily functions are not developed as adults.
Q: Can Grilinctus-BM syrup cause tremors?
A: Yes, you may experience tremors as a side effect of Grilinctus-BM syrup. However, not everyone gets it.
Q: I am getting a cough for a few days. Can I use Grilinctus-BM syrup?
A: No, self-medication should be avoided and Grilinctus-BM syrup should be used when prescribed by the doctor. The dose taken should also be as per the prescription.
Q: What is the difference between Grilinctus-L oral suspension and Grilinctus-BM syrup?
A: Grilinctus-L oral suspension contains Levocloperastine and is used for dry cough, whereas Grilinctus-BM syrup contains a combination of Bromhexine and Terbutaline and is used for productive cough.
Last Updated on: 22 Aug 2020 | 05:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved