0.5ml Suspension For Injection in Pre Filled Syringe
Inclusive of all taxes
Out of Stock
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Hexaxim Vaccine is a combination vaccine giving protection to children above 6 weeks of age against six vaccine-preventable diseases. These six diseases are Diphtheria, Pertussis (Whooping cough), Tetanus, Polio, Hepatitis-B and Haemophilus influenza type B. By giving this vaccine at regular intervals a child is protected against the suffering caused due to these six life-threatening illnesses. It works by producing antibodies (body's protection against diseases) in your child's blood which can prevent these six diseases to occur. Sleepiness, loss of appetite, swelling, pain or redness at a site of injection, a high body temperature of 38°C or more are some of the side effects of Hexaxim Vaccine. If side effects do not go away on their own then inform your child’s doctor....
|You Save||₹702.00 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Diphtheria Toxoid,Haemophilus Influenza Type B, Adsorbed,Hepatitis B Vaccine,Pertussis Vaccine,Poliomyelitis, Inactivated,Tetanus Toxoid|
Check more medicines with composition as Diphtheria Toxoid + Haemophilus Influenza Type B, Adsorbed + Hepatitis B Vaccine + Pertussis Vaccine + Poliomyelitis, Inactivated + Tetanus Toxoid
Uses of Hexaxim Inj
Hexaxim Vaccine is used to protect your child against diseases such as Diphtheria, Pertussis (Whooping cough), Tetanus, Polio, Hepatitis-B and Haemophilus influenza type B which are vaccine-preventable. By giving this vaccine at regular intervals a child is protected against the suffering caused due to these six life-threatening illnesses....
Contraindications of Hexaxim Inj
- If your child is allergic to this vaccine or any other ingredients of this vaccine.
- If your child is allergic to any other individual vaccine which is used to prevent any of the six diseases.
- If your child has a brain problem within seven days after giving the vaccine against pertussis.
- If your child has a severe infection with a body temperature above 38°C.
Side effects of Hexaxim Inj
- Loss of appetite
- High body temperature of 38°C or more
- Swelling, pain or redness at a site of injection
- Irritability or restlessness
- Loose motion
Precautions and Warnings of Hexaxim Inj
Can I take Hexaxim Vaccine during pregnancy?
Pregnant women should not take Hexaxim Vaccine, since it is meant to be used in children.
Can I take Hexaxim Vaccine while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding women should not take Hexaxim Vaccine, since it is meant to be used in children.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child has a high temperature above 40°C within 48 hours, your child cries continuously for three hours within 48 hours.
- Your child has fitted with or without high body temperature within 3 days after giving Hexaxim or any other vaccine to prevent pertussis previously.
- Your child has recurrent seizures which are not under control or has progressive brain disease which is not diagnosed yet.
- Your child has a bleeding tendency such as bruising easily.
- Your child has seizures after giving this vaccine.
- Your child is born before or at 28 weeks of pregnancy.
Mode of Action of Hexaxim Inj
How Does It Work?
Hexaxim vaccine works by producing antibodies (body's own protection against diseases) in your child blood which can prevent these six diseases to occur.
Directions for Use of Hexaxim Inj
- Hexaxim Vaccine will be given to your child by a doctor or nurse in a hospital/clinic.
- Follow any aftercare instructions given by the doctor/nurse.
Interactions of Hexaxim Inj
Interactions with other medicines
Discuss with your doctor about any medicine, herbal preparation, and supplements you are giving to your child currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Hexaxim Inj
- Store Hexaxim Vaccine in a refrigerator between 2°C – 8°C. Do not freeze and protect from light.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Discard any unused vaccine.
Dosage of Hexaxim Inj
Hexaxim Vaccine will be given by a doctor or nurse thus chances of overdose are unlikely. However, if your child experiences any discomfort or specific symptoms inform the doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If your child missed the vaccine on a scheduled date, make another appointment in the hospital/clinic as early as possible to administer the missed vaccine. For full protection of your child against diseases, your child should complete a vaccination course as advised....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does a single injection of hexaxim vaccine protect my child against all six diseases?
A: For full protection of your child against all six diseases, the child should complete a vaccination course as advised by your child's doctor. Single-injection of hexaxim vaccine cannot give full protection against this vaccine-preventable diseases.
Q: Can my child have a fever after giving Hexaxim Vaccine?
A: Your child could have fever as a side-effect of taking hexaxim vaccine. Consult your child's doctor immediately if your child has a body temperature of or above 38° C after taking this vaccine.
Q: Can my child take hexaxim vaccine if he has a cold?
A: Hexaxim vaccine can be given to children if they had a minor infection such as a cold. Consult your child's doctor if your child has a cold before giving this vaccine.
Q: Can my child take a second dose of the Hexaxim Vaccine before the due date?
A: The minimum gap between two doses of Hexaxim Vaccine is four weeks. The second dose of Hexaxim Vaccine should not be taken by your child within four weeks of taking the first dose. Hexaxim Vaccine can be taken after the due date. Consult your child's doctor for further information.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.