Pan 40mg 15's Tab
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pan 40 tablet is used to treat stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and other acidity related problems. Pan 40 tablet is a medicine used to reduce stomach acid. It contains pantoprazole as an active ingredient. It a proton pump inhibitor and blocks the proton pumps in the stomach wall responsible for acid production. It also has anti-acid reflux actions. This medicine works best when taken on an empty stomach. You should tell your doctor about your medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding, and about all the medicines and supplements you take or might take.
Uses of Pan 40mg 15'S Tab
Pan 40 tablet is used to treat ulcers in the stomach or intestine, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour in the pancreas, which causes oversecretion of stomach acids) and gastroesophageal reflux disease [GERD] (symptoms like heartburn & chest pain right after eating).
Contraindications of Pan 40mg 15'S Tab
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or any ingredient of Pan 40 tablet.
- If you are allergic to similar medicines such as omeprazole, etc.
- If you are currently taking anti-HIV medications such as rilpivirine, atazanavir.
Side effects of Pan 40mg 15'S Tab
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (or gas)
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Pan 40mg 15'S Tab
Can I take Pan 40 tablet during pregnancy?
Due to a lack of proper safety information, it is preferable to avoid the use of this medicine during pregnancy unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Pan 40 tablet while breastfeeding?
Pan 40 tablet passes into human milk and may cause harm to the new born baby.Thus it is recommended to consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pan 40 tablet?
Pan 40 tablet has no or negligible influence on the ability to drive and use machines. Avoid driving in cases where you experience dizziness or disturbed vision.
Can I consume alcohol with Pan 40 mg tablet?
Alcohol can increase acidity and worsen the symptoms of acidity and ulcer. Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience an allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You are taking an anti-HIV medicine such as atazanavir or painkillers such as aspirin.
- You have a vitamin B12 deficiency as Pan 40 tablet can reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 when used for a long term, inform your doctor.
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). This medicine may alter the results.
- You are using this medicine for the long term as it can lead to diarrhoea and malabsorption.
- You have liver-related problems, especially in the case of increased liver enzymes, the treatment should be stopped.
- Pan 40 mg tablets are not recommended for children below the age of 12 years.
Mode of Action of Pan 40mg 15'S Tab
How Does It Work?
Pan 40 works by reducing the acid production in the stomach by blocking or inhibiting a pump called the proton pump responsible for the secretion of stomach acid. Hence, this tablet is indicated in conditions where excessive acidity is prevalent and can cause a problem.
Directions for Use of Pan 40mg 15'S Tab
Pan 40 mg tablet should be taken as advised by the doctor, preferably in the morning. For optimal results, try to take it at the same time every day on an empty stomach.
Interactions of Pan 40mg 15'S Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Pan 40 may alter the action of medicines whose bioavailability is dependent on stomach acid such as ketoconazole.
- Pan 40 must not be co-administered with atazanavir, an anti-HIV medicine and methotrexate, an immunomodulator.
- Frequent monitoring of blood clotting parameters is required if you are taking blood thinners such as warfarin. There is also a risk of bleeding.
- Levels of methotrexate (used to treat certain types of cancer) can be increased in the body upon concomitant use with Pan 40.
- Any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations, if you are taking, should be informed to your doctor while he prescribes you this medicine to avoid interactions.
Interactions with food items
Stimulation of stomach acid production or delay in ulcer healing is observed with nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola). Hence, avoid these items.
Storage and disposal of Pan 40mg 15'S Tab
- Store Pan 40 tablets in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pan 40mg 15'S Tab
If you have consumed too much of Pan 40 tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
The missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember or in case it is almost time for the next dose, it should be skipped. An extra dose should not be consumed to compensate for a missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Pan 40 tablet used for?
A: Pan 40 tablet is used for the treatment of acidity related disorders such as stomach and intestinal ulcers, acid reflux disease and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour in the pancreas, which causes oversecretion of stomach acids).
Q: Is Pan 40 tablet safe in pregnancy?
A: No, the safety of Pan 40 is not established in pregnancy. Hence, it should be avoided during pregnancy. You should discuss with your doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy.
Q: How to take Pan 40 tablet?
A: Pan 40 mg tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water, preferably 1 hour before your first meal or breakfast.
Q: Does Pan 40 tablet cause constipation?
A: You may experience constipation as a side effect while on treatment with Pan 40 mg tablet.
Q: Can Pan 40 tablet be taken after food?
A: No, it should not be taken after consuming food as by the time it will start showing its effect, the acid in the stomach will be released for digestion of food and it will not affect in reducing the acid production.
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- DailyMed - PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM DELAYED-RELEASE- pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 May 2021 | 03:02 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved