Pan D Strip Of 15 Capsules
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The medicine is an anti-reflux medicine used to treat GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). GERD is a condition where acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe. The backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. Pan D capsule contains pantoprazole and domperidone as active ingredients. The combination is used in patients in which pantoprazole alone is not able to control acid reflux. Pan D capsule must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It must be taken before meals. Before using the medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding and about the detailed medical history.
Uses of Pan D Strip Of 15 Capsules
The medicine is used to treat GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease), not responding to pantoprazole alone. It helps to relieve symptoms like heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity.
Contraindications of Pan D Strip Of 15 Capsules
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or domperidone or other components of the Pan D capsule.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine like rilpivirine.
- If you have or had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you have prolactin pituitary tumours (tumour of the pituitary gland).
- If you have a heart condition like heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
Side effects of Pan D Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Pan D Strip Of 15 Capsules
Can I take the Pan D capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available on the use of the Pan D capsule in pregnant women. Avoid until prescribed by the doctor to reduce harm to the unborn baby.
Can I take the Pan D capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of the Pan D capsule pass in the breast milk in a small amount. Avoid while breastfeeding.The doctor may prescribe you the medicine while you are breastfeeding if necessary for your health. In that case, avoid breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Pan D capsule?
Pan D capsules have no or negligible influence on the ability to drive and use machines. If you experience headaches, dizziness, drowsiness and visual disturbances, avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Pan D capsule?
There is no interaction reported between the Pan D capsule and alcohol. Alcohol is known to increase acidity and make the acidity worse, thus avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking the Pan D capsule.
- You experience black tarry stools and abdominal pain after taking the medicine.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have kidney or liver-related disorders, kidney failure.
- You have or had a fracture or have brittle or weak bones (Osteoporosis).
- You are on steroids or HIV medicines or anti-infective medicines.
- On exposure to the sun, you get a rash on the skin, stop the treatment and inform the doctor as soon as possible.
- You have an existing heart condition like heart failure, heart rhythm disorders and electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- The doctor may ask to perform tests regularly if you are taking the medicine for long-term treatment.
- If you are on long-term treatment (more than 1 year) with the medicine, it decreases the magnesium levels or causes the weakening of bones. Check with the doctor if you may need some supplements for these.Read less
Mode of Action of Pan D Strip Of 15 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Pan D capsule has combined action of its two ingredients pantoprazole and domperidone.
- Pantoprazole inhibits a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall, responsible for the secretion of stomach acids for digestion and leads to reduced acid production.
- Domperidone stops vomiting. It increases the movement in the stomach and bowel so that acid does not flow back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Pan D Strip Of 15 Capsules
Pan D capsule must be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water, preferably in the morning before the first meal.
Interactions of Pan D Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way the Pan D capsule works, or the medicine reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Medicines whose activity is dependent on the pH of stomach acid may not work properly when taken along with Pan D (some antifungals like ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, ampicillin, iron salts and other medicines like erlotinib).Read less
- Blood thinners like warfarin, when taken concomitantly with Pan D increases the risk of bleeding.
- Other medicines like medicines used for heart conditions, anti-HIV medicines, antibiotics, antimalarials, medicines acting on the brain or used for brain-related disorders must be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) and alcohol stimulates stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Pan D Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Store Pan D capsules below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Pan D Strip Of 15 Capsules
Symptoms of an overdose of Pan D capsule include abnormal muscle movements, fits, aggressive behaviour, drowsiness, slurred speech and feel anxiety. If you have taken too much of the medicine, then contact the doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of the Pan D capsule, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does GERD mean?
A: GERD is a condition of acid reflux, known as gastrointestinal reflux disorder. It is a condition in that acid from the stomach backflows to the food pipe, a tube connecting the mouth to the stomach. The acid backflow irritates the lining of the food pipe and causes chest discomfort, pain, burping and damage to the food pipe.
Q: Can I give the Pan D capsule to my child?
A: No, the Pan D capsule is not recommended for individuals below 12 years of age.
Q: How Pan D differ from Pan 40?
- Pan D is a combination of medicine. It contains two ingredients pantoprazole and domperidone. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux diseases, not responding to Pantoprazole alone or other acidity medicines.Read less
- Pan 40 contains pantoprazole and is used for acidity, GERD and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour of the pancreas inducing excess secretion of stomach acid). The two differ in the ingredient and the conditions they are used for. The doctor may prescribe you the medicine suitable for you after accessing the medical history.Read less
Q: What is the use of the Pan D capsule?
A: The medicine is used to treat GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease), not responding to pantoprazole alone. It helps to relieve the symptoms like heartburn, chest discomfort or acidity.
Q: How to take the Pan D capsule?
A: Pan D capsule must be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it with a glass of water, in the morning before the first meal.
- PANSEC DSR Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 10 June 2021]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2021 [cited 10 June 2021]
- DailyMed - PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM DELAYED-RELEASE- pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 10 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 10 June 2021]
Last Updated on: 12 Jun 2021 | 07:52 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved