Pan D Strip Of 15 Capsules
Pan D capsule is an anti-reflux medicine used to treat GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease. It contains pantoprazole and domperidone as active ingredients. The combination is used in patients in
which pantoprazole alone cannot control acid reflux. GERD is a condition where acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe. The backflow of acid irritates the lining of the food pipe and leads to chest pain and heartburn. Pantoprazole works by inhibiting a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall, which is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids for digestion and leads to reduced acid production. Domperidone stops vomiting. It increases the movement in the stomach and bowel so that acid does not flow back into the food pipe. Pan D must be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It must be taken before meals. Do not miss any dose or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Along with taking medicine on time, certain lifestyle modifications can help manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eating slowly and avoiding overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal. Limit your intake of alcohol, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight. Consult the doctor to understand what works for you best.
- Dompwell P Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Threpsi Solutions Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 100.00₹ 57.0049% CHEAPER₹ 5.7/Capsule
- Pantosec Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 125.40₹ 87.7822% CHEAPER₹ 8.78/Capsule
- Pantafol Dsr CapsuleBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 86.90₹ 60.8346% CHEAPER₹ 6.08/Capsule
- Pentowok Dsr CapsuleBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 137.29₹ 116.70₹ 11.67/Capsule
- P40 Dsr 30/40mg Capsule 10'sBy Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 175.00₹ 148.75₹ 14.88/Capsule
- Pentab Dsr CapsuleBy Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 141.50₹ 99.0512% CHEAPER₹ 9.91/Capsule
- Pezover Dsr CapsulesBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 80.7528% CHEAPER₹ 8.08/Capsule
- Protera D Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Lupin15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 194.20₹ 165.072% CHEAPER₹ 11.0/Capsule
- Pantop Dsr CapsuleBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 140.00₹ 119.00₹ 11.9/Capsule
- Pantadom Sr 40mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Mankind Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 99.90₹ 84.9124% CHEAPER₹ 8.49/Capsule
Uses of PAN D STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
Contraindications of PAN D STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or domperidone or other components of Pan D capsule.
- If you are taking an anti-HIV medicine like rilpivirine.
- If you have or had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you have prolactin pituitary tumours (tumour of the pituitary gland).
- If you have a heart condition like heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
Side effects of PAN D STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of PAN D STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea or fever after taking Pan D capsule.
- You experience black tarry stools and abdominal pain after taking the medicine.
- You have a stomach tumour or cancer.
- You have kidney or liver-related disorders, kidney failure.
- You have or had a fracture or have brittle or weak bones (Osteoporosis).
- You are on steroids or HIV medicines or anti-infective medicines.
- On exposure to the sun, you get a rash on the skin, stop the treatment and inform the doctor as soon as possible.
- You have an existing heart condition like heart failure, heart rhythm disorders and electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- The doctor may ask to perform tests regularly if you are taking the medicine for long-term treatment.
- If you are on long-term treatment (more than 1 year) with the medicine, it decreases the magnesium levels or causes the weakening of bones. Check with the doctor if you may need some supplements for these....
Directions for Use of PAN D STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
Storage and disposal of PAN D STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
- Store Pan D capsules below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of PAN D STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
- Pan D Capsule is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GERD occurs when the stomach contents go back into the food pipe. Do not take this medicine for any other condition than that specified by your doctor....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Pan D, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- This medicine should preferably be taken before meals for optimum effectiveness.
- Headache, dizziness, diarrhoea, nausea and vomiting may occur in some individuals with this medicine. Inform your doctor if these effects bother you or do not go away.
- You can make certain lifestyle modifications like preventing excess intake of foods that cause acidity, like carbonated drinks and oily/fried food, regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight.
- It is also advised to limit alcohol intake and quit smoking for better treatment of your acid reflux.
Dosage of PAN D STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of PAN D STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
How Does It Work?
- Pan D capsule has combined action of its two ingredients pantoprazole and domperidone.
- Pantoprazole inhibits a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall, responsible for the secretion of stomach acids for digestion and leads to reduced acid production.
- Domperidone stops vomiting. It increases the movement in the stomach and bowel so that acid does not flow back into the food pipe.
Interactions of PAN D STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines affect the way Pan D capsule works or the medicine reduces the effectiveness of other medicines taken simultaneously.
- Inform the physician about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Medicines whose activity is dependent on the pH of stomach acid may not work properly when taken along with Pan D (some antifungals like ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, ampicillin, iron salts and other medicines like erlotinib)....
- Blood thinners like warfarin, when taken concomitantly with Pan D, increases the risk of bleeding.
- Other medicines like medicines used for heart conditions, anti-HIV medicines, antibiotics, antimalarials, medicines acting on the brain or used for brain-related disorders must be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does GERD mean?
Q: How does Pan D differ from Pan 40?
Q: Should Pan D be taken on an empty stomach?
Q: Can Pan D capsule be taken while on periods?
Q: Does Pan D work for loose motion?
Q: Does Pan D capsule cause osteoporosis?
Q: Which is better OMEZ or Pan D?
Q: How long does Pan D take to kick in?
Q: Can I take Pan 40 for gas?
Q: How many times can I take Pan d tablet?
Q: Is Neksium and Pan d tablets the same?
Q: Is Pan D good for constipation?
Q: Is Rantac and Pan D same?
Q: Can I give Pan D capsule to my child?
Q: What is the use of Pan D capsule?
Q: Can I take Pan D every day?
Q: Can Pan D cause allergies?
Q: Can I take Pan D for covid?
Q: What is the side effect of Pan D?
Q: Can we take Pan D tablet during pregnancy?
Q: Can I take Pan D for gas?
Q: Can Pan D be used for gastritis?
- PANSEC DSR Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- Pantoprazole (Oral Route) Side Effects - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- DailyMed - PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM DELAYED-RELEASE- pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- Bernshteyn M, Masood U. Pantoprazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]