Ecosprin 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
By USV PVT LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Ecosprin 75 Tablet is an antiplatelet medicine containing acetylsalicylic acid (also called aspirin) which is used to prevent blood clot formation within the body. It is also used to prevent heart attacks, stroke and chest pain (heart-related). You should not take this medicine if you are allergic to it or have bleeding disorders. Take this tablet as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. The common side effects of Ecosprin 75 mg tablets are indigestion, heartburn or acidity and increased risk of bleeding. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, you should contact your doctor immediately. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from before starting this medicine. This medicine is not recommended in patients below 16 years unless advised by the doctor.
Uses of Ecosprin 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Prevention of heart attack
- Prevention of strokes
- Prevention of heart problems like stable or unstable angina (chest pain)
- Treatment of acute heart attack
- Prevention of blood clot formation post heart surgery
Contraindications of Ecosprin 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- If you are allergic to acetylsalicylic acid or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you have bleeding disorders
- If you have a history of ulcer in the stomach or small intestine
- If you have gout
- If you have a serious liver or kidney problem
- If you are pregnant (last three months) or breastfeeding
- If you are taking medicines for cancer or rheumatoid arthritis (like methotrexate - more than 15mg per week)
Side effects of Ecosprin 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Increased risk of bleeding
- Breathing difficulty
- Severe allergic reactions like swelling of your lips, face or body, fainting, difficulty in swallowing and wheezing (serious side effect)
- Reddening of the skin with high fever (serious side effect)
Precautions and Warnings of Ecosprin 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Can I take Ecosprin 75 mg tablet during pregnancy?
- Pregnant women should not take Ecosprin 75 mg tablet unless advised by the doctor as it is unsafe during pregnancy. This medicine can cause heart or kidney-related problems in the baby.
Can I take Ecosprin 75 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Ecosprin 75 mg tablet passes into breast milk. You should not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding unless advised by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ecosprin 75 mg tablet?
Ecosprin 75 mg tablet does not affect the ability to drive or operate heavy machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Ecosprin 75 mg tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Ecosprin 75 mg tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are undergoing a surgery or had a surgery recently
- You are suffering from asthma; then this medicine can worsen your asthma
- You have kidney or liver diseases
- You have high blood pressure
- You have ulcers in your stomach or small intestine
- You have any unusual bleeding
- You are suffering from gout
- You experience heavy menstrual bleeding, do not take Ecosprin 75 mg tablet as it can increase the bleeding.
Mode of Action of Ecosprin 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Platelets are blood cells that help in clot formation
- When clot formation occurs in artery, blood flow stops which can be dangerous in cases of heart attack.
- Aspirin in low doses stops these platelets from forming a clot, so that blood can flow without any obstruction in the arteries.
Directions for Use of Ecosprin 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Do not crush or chew the Ecosprin 75 mg tablet. Swallow the tablets as a whole with a glass of water.
Interactions of Ecosprin 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines used for thinning of the blood (e.g., Warfarin) as these together can increase the risk of bleeding
- Medicines used to prevent organ rejection after transplantation (e.g., Ciclosporin, Tacrolimus)
- Medicines used to treat high blood pressure (e.g., Diuretics and ACE-inhibitors)
- Medicines used to regulate heartbeat (e.g., Digoxin)
- Medicines used to treat mental health conditions (e.g., Lithium)
- Medicines used to treat depression (e.g., Sertraline or Paroxetine)
- Medicines used to treat pain and inflammation (e.g., anti-inflammatory
- Medicines such as Ibuprofen or Steroids)
- Medicines to treat gout (e.g., Probenecid)
- Medicines to treat cancer or rheumatoid arthritis (e.g., Methotrexate)
- Medicines to treat diabetes (e.g., Glibenclamide)
- Medicines used as hormone replacement therapy (Corticosteroids)
- Medicines to treat acidity (Antacids)
Interactions with food items
No information is available on interactions with food while you are taking Ecosprin 75 mg tablet, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further details.
Storage and disposal of Ecosprin 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Do not store Ecosprin 75 mg tablets above 25°C and try to keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ecosprin 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
- Symptoms of overdose include ringing in the ears, dizziness, headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach ache, sweating, fever, increased pulse or breathing rate, fits, low blood sugar.
- If you think you have taken too much of Ecosprin 75 mg tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Ecosprin 75 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Ecosprin 75 tablet?
- If you are a known patient of bleeding disorders such as hemophilia or are taking blood thinners, you must tell your doctor about it.
- Also, if you have had a history of ulcers, stomach swelling (inflammation), kidney disease, gout, asthma, or breathing difficulty that was induced by a painkiller, you must tell your doctor about it.
Q: What are the precautions I need to follow while taking Ecosprin 75 tablet?
A: Before you undergo any surgeries or during medical emergencies, tell your doctor that you are on treatment with Ecosprin 75 tablet, as excess Aspirin can cause bleeding disorders.
Q: Can I take Ecosprin 75 mg tablet for pain?
A: No, Ecosprin 75 mg tablet is not a pain killer. It is only for the prevention of heart disease or stroke. At high doses, Aspirin works as a pain killer.
Q: What is Ecosprin-75 Tablet?
A: Ecosprin 75 mg tablet is an antiplatelet medicine that contains acetylsalicylic acid (also known as aspirin) which is used to prevent blood clot formation within the body. This tablet is also used to prevent heart attacks, stroke and heart-related chest pain (angina).
Q: Does Ecosprin 75 mg tablet cause acidity?
A: You may sometimes experience acidity or heartburn while taking Ecosprin 75 mg tablet.
Q: Is Ecosprin-75 tablet a blood thinner?
A: Yes, Ecosprin 75 mg tablet is a blood thinner medicine.
Q: Are Aspirin and Ecosprin 75 mg tablet the same?
A: Yes, both these medicines are the same. Aspirin is also called acetylsalicylic acid.
Q: Is Ecosprin 75 tablet safe during pregnancy?
A: Ecosprin 75 mg tablet is not recommended for use during pregnancy as it may be unsafe. However, in rare life-threatening conditions, your doctor may prescribe you this medicine.
Other Variants for
Ecosprin 75mg Strip Of 14 Tablets
Last Updated on: 22 Aug 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved