Nexpro Rd 40mg Capsule
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Nexpro RD 40 Capsule is an anti-reflux medicine. It contains a combination of Esomeprazole and Domperidone. It is used to treat stomach reflux disease in which acid from the stomach comes up to the food mouth and results in heartburn, belching, nausea, and chest pain. This capsule acts by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves the passage of food in the gut, thereby reducing the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. You should take this medicine under a doctor's consultation. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. Nexpro RD 40 capsule is not meant to be used for patients below 18 years of age.
Uses of Nexpro Rd 40mg Capsule
Nexpro RD 40 Capsule is used in adults to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Contraindications of Nexpro Rd 40mg Capsule
- If you are allergic to Esomeprazole or Domperidone or any other element of this capsule
- If you are on any medicine and you have been warned that it might affect the contraction of the heart muscle
- If you have an obstruction or perforations in the intestine
- If you have any bleeding problem in the digestive tract
- If your liver or kidneys are not functioning properly
- If you have a heart-related disorder such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems, and electrolyte imbalance
- If you have a tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours)
- If you are taking anti-HIV medicines such as Nelfinavir, antibiotics like Clarithromycin, Ketoconazole (antifungal), Verapamil (used to control high blood pressure & chest pain)
Side effects of Nexpro Rd 40mg Capsule
- Loose motion
- Spinning of head
- Skin rash & itching
Precautions and Warnings of Nexpro Rd 40mg Capsule
Can I take Nexpro RD 40 Capsule during pregnancy?
Nexpro RD 40 mg capsule is not recommended during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety for pregnant women.
Can I take Nexpro RD 40 Capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of Nexpro RD 40 mg capsule passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect your baby. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over the risks, your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nexpro RD 40 Capsule?
Nexpro RD 40 mg capsule can make you feel dizzy and drowsy. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Nexpro RD 40 Capsule?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Nexpro RD 40 mg capsules. Alcohol is known to increase acidity and can make your condition worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any liver and kidney-related diseases
- You are experiencing stomach pain, indigestion, weight loss, difficulty in swallowing, throwing out food or blood after taking this capsule
- You had fractures or have a bone-related disorder such as osteoporosis or taking steroids
- You have a heart-related disorder and you often experience symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing and unconsciousness
- You are supposed to take capsules for long-term treatment (more than three months). Your blood magnesium levels may decrease. Hence your doctor may prescribe regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin eruptions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- You have a vitamin B12 deficiency as this medicine can reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use.
- Taking Nexpro RD 40 capsules for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Nexpro RD 40 may lead to a slightly increased risk of bacterial infections due to Salmonella and Campylobacter.
- This medicine is not recommended for patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Nexpro Rd 40mg Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Nexpro RD 40 mg capsule is a combination of two components - Esomeprazole and Domperidone, and it works via combined action of these components.
- Esomeprazole works by binding to a pump in walls of the stomach known as proton pumps and thus blocks the secretion of gastric acid.
- Domperidone acts by increasing the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Nexpro Rd 40mg Capsule
- Take Nexpro RD 40 capsules at least one hour before meals.
- You should take this capsule preferably in the morning or as prescribed by a doctor.
Interactions of Nexpro Rd 40mg Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Nexpro RD 40 mg capsule contains a combination of two components, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Nexpro RD 40 Capsule should not be taken along with anti-HIV medicines such as Nelfinavir, muscle relaxants such as Amiodarone, antibiotics like Clarithromycin, antifungal like Ketoconazole and antihypertensive such as Verapamil.read less
- This capsule should also not be taken along with medicines used to treat heart problems (Quinidine, Sotalol), medicines used for psychiatric illness (Haloperidol, Citalopram), antifungals (Pentamidine), antimalarials (Halofantrine, Lumefantrine), medicines used to treat allergies (Mizolastine), used in cancer (Toremifene, Vandetanib), gastric emptying medicines (Cisapride) and other medicines like Diphemanil and Methadone.read less
- Concomitant use of this capsule along with medicines used to treat psychiatric illness (Diazepam), used to treat fits (Phenytoin) is not recommended as it may increase the side effects of this capsule.read less
- Digoxin which is used to treat heart failure like Digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this capsule.
- Blood-thinners such as Warfarin if taken along with this medicine can increase the chances of bleeding.
- Other medicines like Rifampicin, Methotrexate, Tacrolimus, Voriconazole, Cilostazol, Clopidogrel, Azithromycin, St John's wort, etc. should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Nexpro Rd 40mg Capsule
- Store Nexpro RD 40 capsules below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Nexpro Rd 40mg Capsule
The symptoms of an overdose of Nexpro RD 40 capsules include nausea, vomiting, indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, weakness, confusion, agitation, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc. If you think you have taken excess dose of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of Nexpro RD 40 capsule, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your next scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Nexpro RD 40 capsule contain?
A: Nexpro RD 40 capsule is an anti-reflux medicine containing a combination of Esomeprazole and Domperidone, which is used for the treatment of adult patients with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Q: What is Nexpro RD 40 capsule used for?
A: Nexpro RD 40 capsule is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) in adults. GERD is characterised by heartburn and chest discomfort due to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe.
Q: Can I take Nexpro RD 40 capsule after food?
A: No, Nexpro RD 40 capsule should be taken before food as food interacts with the absorption of this medicine. Hence, it should preferably be taken at least 1 hour before food for it to work effectively.
Q: How does Nexpro RD 40 capsule works?
A: Esomeprazole present in this capsule blocks a pump in stomach walls and thus reduces the acid production. Domperidone improves the mortality of food in the gut. Thus, it prevents it from coming back to the food pipe.
Q: Can I drink alcohol while taking Nexpro RD 40 mg capsule?
A: You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Nexpro RD 40 capsule.
Q: Is Nexpro RD 40 capsule to be taken before food?
A: Yes, Nexpro RD 40 mg capsule should be taken before food (at least an hour before meals).
- CiplaMed. Esomac D Capsules. [Accessed on 21.Aug.2020] (online)
- CDSCO. Esomeprazole + Domperidone Capsules. [Accessed on 21.Aug.2020] (online)
- LactMed. Esomeprazole. [Accessed on 21.Aug.2020] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Esomeprazole. [Accessed on 21.Aug.2020] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Motilium. [Accessed on 21.Aug.2020] (online)
Other Variants for
Nexpro Rd 40mg Capsule
Last Updated on: 22 Aug 2020 | 05:31 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
- Other Variants
Offers Just for you
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved