Nexpro Rd 40mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Nexpro RD 40 capsule is used to treat stomach reflux disease in which acid from the stomach flows back to the food pipe and results in heartburn, belching, nausea and chest pain. This capsule is an anti-reflux medicine. It is a combination of medicines containing esomeprazole and domperidone. Nexpro RD 40 capsule acts by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves the passage of food in the gut, thereby reducing the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take this medicine on an empty stomach, preferably at least 30mins before a meal in the morning. Never skip any meal of the day. Always have small but frequent meals. You should avoid eating late, before bedtime, spicy, oily food, carbonated or caffeinated drinks, smoking or alcohol.
- Esomefol Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 95.00₹ 80.7545.29% CHEAPER₹ 8.07/Capsule
- Espra Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Zydus Healthcare Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 121.10₹ 102.9330.24% CHEAPER₹ 10.29/Capsule
- Neksium D 40mg Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Pfizer Limited15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 222.74₹ 189.3314.44% CHEAPER₹ 12.62/Capsule
Uses of NEXPRO RD 40MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Contraindications of NEXPRO RD 40MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- If you are allergic to Esomeprazole or Domperidone or any other ingredients of Nexpro RD 40 capsule.
- If you are on any medicine and you have been warned that it might affect the contraction of the heart muscle.
- If you have an obstruction or perforations in the intestine.
- If you have any bleeding problem in the digestive tract.
- If your liver or kidneys are not functioning properly.
- If you have a heart-related disorder such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems and electrolyte imbalance.
- If you have a tumour of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are taking anti-HIV medicines such as Nelfinavir, antibiotics like Clarithromycin, Ketoconazole (antifungal), Verapamil (used to control high blood pressure & chest pain).
Side effects of NEXPRO RD 40MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Loose motion
- Spinning of head
- Skin rash & itching
Precautions and Warnings of NEXPRO RD 40MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Other General Warnings
- You have any liver or kidney-related diseases.
- You are experiencing stomach pain, indigestion, weight loss, difficulty in swallowing, throwing out food or blood after taking this capsule.
- You had fractures or have a bone-related disorder such as osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You have a heart-related disorder and you often experience symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing and unconsciousness.
- You are supposed to take capsules for long-term treatment (more than three months). Your blood magnesium levels may decrease. Hence your doctor may prescribe regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin eruptions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine.
- You have a vitamin B12 deficiency as this medicine can reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long-term use.
- Taking Nexpro RD 40 capsule for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Nexpro RD 40 capsule may lead to a slightly increased risk of bacterial infections due to Salmonella and Campylobacter.
- This medicine is not recommended for patients below 18 years of age.
Directions for Use of NEXPRO RD 40MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Take Nexpro RD 40 capsules at least one hour before meals.
- You should take this capsule preferably in the morning or as prescribed by a doctor.
Storage and disposal of NEXPRO RD 40MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Store Nexpro RD 40 capsules below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
Quick Tips of NEXPRO RD 40MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
- Nexpro RD capsule is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). GERD occurs when the stomach contents go back into the food pipe. Do not take this medicine for any other condition other than that specified by your doctor....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Nexpro RD capsule, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- This medicine should preferably be taken before meals for optimum effectiveness.
- Headache, bloating diarrhoea and nausea/vomiting may occur in some individuals with the use of Nexpro RD capsule. Inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve over time.
- You can make certain lifestyle modifications like preventing excess intake of foods that cause acidity like carbonated drinks and oily/fried food, regular exercise and maintaining a healthy weight.
- It is also advised to limit alcohol intake and quit smoking for better treatment of your acid reflux.
- If you experience sleepiness after taking Nexpro RD capsule, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
Dosage of NEXPRO RD 40MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of NEXPRO RD 40MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
How Does It Work?
- Nexpro RD 40 mg capsule is a combination of two components - Esomeprazole and Domperidone and it works via combined action of these components.
- Esomeprazole belongs to the class of medicines called proton pump inhibitors. The lining of the stomach secretes acid by certain processes that involve the intake of ions via proton pumps in the cells. Esomeprazole reduces the intake of the ions in the stomach cells that are necessary for the production of digestive acids in the stomach and hence leads to reduced acid production....
- Domperidone acts by increasing the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Interactions of NEXPRO RD 40MG STRIP OF 10 CAPSULES
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Nexpro RD 40 mg capsule contains a combination of two components, any interactions with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.
- Nexpro RD 40 capsule should not be taken along with anti-HIV medicines such as Nelfinavir, muscle relaxants such as Amiodarone, antibiotics like Clarithromycin, antifungals like Ketoconazole and antihypertensive such as Verapamil....
- This capsule should also not be taken along with medicines used to treat heart problems (Quinidine, Sotalol), medicines used for psychiatric illness (Haloperidol, Citalopram), antifungals (Pentamidine), antimalarials (Halofantrine, Lumefantrine), medicines used to treat allergies (Mizolastine), used in cancer (Toremifene, Vandetanib), gastric emptying medicines (Cisapride) and other medicines like Diphemanil and Methadone....
- Concomitant use of this capsule along with medicines used to treat psychiatric illness (Diazepam), used to treat fits (Phenytoin) is not recommended as it may increase the side effects of this capsule....
- Digoxin which is used to treat heart failure may lead to toxicity when taken with this capsule.
- Blood-thinners such as Warfarin if taken along with this medicine can increase the chances of bleeding.
- Other medicines like Rifampicin, Methotrexate, Tacrolimus, Voriconazole, Cilostazol, Clopidogrel, Azithromycin, St John's wort, etc should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Nexpro RD 40 capsule contain?
Q: What is Nexpro RD 40 capsule used for?
Q: Can I take Nexpro RD 40 capsule after food?
Q: How does Nexpro RD 40 capsule work?
Q: Can I drink alcohol while taking Nexpro RD 40 mg capsule?
Q: Is Nexpro RD 40 capsule to be taken before food?
Q: What time of the day shall I take Nexpro RD 40 capsule?
Q: Is it safe to use Nexpro RD 40 capsule?
Q: Can we take Nexpro RD 40 capsule and Itraconazole?
Q: Can I take Nexpro RD 40 twice a day?
Q: Can Nexpro RD 40 cause diarrhoea?
Q: How can I manage my condition with lifestyle changes?
- A change in lifestyle will probably help you control and manage acid reflux and related symptoms well.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking, excessive consumption of soft drinks, citrus juices, tea and coffee (caffeinated drinks).
- Avoid spicy, oily and fast foods.
- Never eat late at night or just before going to bed.
Q: How long can we use Nexpro Rd 40?
Q: When should I take Nexpro Rd 40?
Q: Can Nexpro RD 40 capsule be used for treating allergies?
Q: Can I take Nexpro RD for gastritis?
Q: What are Nexpro rd 40 side effects?
Q: What is the action of tab Nexpro rd?
Q: Can I take Nexpro rd 40 for acidity?
Q: What is the difference between Nexpro rd 40 and Nexpro fast 40?
Q: Is long term use of Nexpro rd 40 safe?
- Esomac D Capsules [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 7 December 2021]
- CDSCO - Esomeprazole + Domperidone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 7 December 2021]
- LactMed - Esomeprazole [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 7 December 2021]
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 December 2021]
- Motilium Film-coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 December 2021]
- Esomeprazole 40 mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 December 2021]
- Motilium Film-coated Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 7 December 2021]