Zerodol Sp Tablet
By IPCA LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Zerodol SP Tablet is a pain-relieving medicine. Zerodol SP Tablet is used to relieve pain, inflammation and swelling of muscles, joints and bones in arthritis, spondylitis and sports injuries. It is also used after operations and surgeries for relieving pain, inflammation and swelling. Zerodol SP Tablet contains a combination of three medicines, namely Aceclofenac, Paracetamol and Serratiopeptidase. Zerodol SP tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Swallow it with a glass of water, with or after food to avoid stomach problems. Do not skip a dose or consume it more than that recommended by the doctor. Also, do not take this medicine for a longer duration, as it may cause damage to the liver. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Zerodol Sp Tablet
- Zerodol SP is used for relieving pain and inflammation of muscles, joints and bones in conditions such as arthritis, spondylitis and injuries.
- It is also used after operations and surgeries for relieving pain, inflammation and swelling.
Contraindications of Zerodol Sp Tablet
If you have an allergy to Paracetamol, Aceclofenac, Serratiopeptidase or any of the ingredients of this medicine. If you have ever experienced severe allergic reactions upon the use of any pain killer such as ibuprofen or aspirin. If you have a history of frequent stomach ulcers or bleeding in any part of your digestive system. If you are suffering from any heart disease like heart failure and high blood pressure. If your kidney or liver is not functioning properly. If you are pregnant (especially after the 3rd month of pregnancy).
Side effects of Zerodol Sp Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Stomach ulcers
- Swelling in anal area
Precautions and Warnings of Zerodol Sp Tablet
Can I take Zerodol SP Tablet during pregnancy?
It is unsafe to take Zerodol SP tablet during pregnancy. Hence it should not be taken by pregnant women. Taking this medicine in pregnancy can cause defects in the baby's heart or even a delayed delivery or increase the risk of bleeding in the mother and baby.
Can I take Zerodol SP Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is not advised to use Zerodol SP tablet if you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Zerodol SP Tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken Zerodol SP tablets as it may cause dizziness.
Can I consume alcohol with Zerodol SP Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Zerodol SP tablet as it may worsen your liver problems and other side effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney or liver problems.
- You have heart problems like high blood pressure, heart failure.
- You are suffering from bleeding, ulcers in the intestine (perforation) or Crohn's disease or you notice black tarry stools.
- You have asthma as this medicine can worsen the same.
- You are an alcoholic and concomitant use of this medicine can damage the liver.
- You have disorders related to blood like clotting problems and anemia.
- You experience skin rashes & lesions after taking Zerodol SP tablets.
- You are an elderly patient or taking diuretics or have kidney disorders, then this medicine can increase the risk of kidney failure. Your doctor may ask you to do renal function tests for the same.
Mode of Action of Zerodol Sp Tablet
How Does It Work?
Zerodol SP Tablet acts by a combined mechanism of its three components. Paracetamol and Aceclofenac work by interfering with the production of a chemical called prostaglandin which is responsible for pain, swelling and inflammation. Serratiopeptidase promotes cartilage matrix synthesis, tissue repair and decreases swelling.
Directions for Use of Zerodol Sp Tablet
- Zerodol SP tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water and can be taken after food.
Interactions of Zerodol Sp Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Do not take any other medicines containing Paracetamol or Acelofenac while taking Zerodol SP as there is a risk of liver damage.
- If you are taking medicines for high blood pressure, this medicine can interfere with their blood pressure lowering effects.
- Medicines like water pills can lead to kidney damage when taken along Zerodol SP tablets.
- Caution is needed if you are taking medicines to treat heart failure, lithium and methotrexate.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplants like ciclosporin & tacrolimus can result in kidney damage if taken with this medicine.
- There is an increased risk of stomach ulcers or bleeding if taken concomitantly with steroids or other pain relief medicines like Aspirin.
- There is a risk of bleeding if you are taking blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin and Coumarin.
- Increased risk of fits if you are taking this medicine with antibiotics like Levofloxacin and Ciprofloxacin.
- If you are taking medicines to treat diabetes, be cautious about symptoms of low glucose levels like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeat and hunger pangs.
- Medicines used to treat fits, seizures & depression-like Phenobarbital, Carbamazepine, Phenytoin and Clonazepam should be taken with caution.
Storage and disposal of Zerodol Sp Tablet
Store Zerodol SP tablets in a cool and dry place. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Zerodol Sp Tablet
- Taking Zerodol SP Tablet in high doses may result in serious liver and kidney damage. Other symptoms of overdose include headache, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.read less
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Zerodol SP tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take my regular painkillers along with Zerodol SP tablet?
A: No, it is not safe to take any other medicines to relieve pain along with this medicine. Concomitant use of painkillers can cause adverse effects like gastrointestinal bleeding and liver damage.
Q: I am on Zerodol SP for a long time, do I need to conduct any tests?
A: This medicine should not be taken for prolonged periods. In case you are prescribed the same for a longer duration, you may do tests like complete blood count (CBC), liver function test (LFT) and renal function test (RFT). If you are an elderly patient with impaired kidney function, you may be asked to do frequent monitoring of kidney function or renal function test.
Q: Is Zerodol SP an antibiotic medicine?
A: No, it is a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicine used for the treatment of acute painful conditions of joints, muscles and after surgery.
Q: What are the side effects of Zerodol SP tablets?
A: The most common side effects of Zerodol SP are nausea, diarrhoea, indigestion, stomach pain and dizziness. However, there can be chances of stomach ulcers and bleeding as it is a pain killer medicine. Elderly patients are at more risk of getting ulcer related problems.
Q: Can I take Zerodol SP for period pain?
A: No, Zerodol SP should not be used for period pain or any condition other than what it is prescribed for .
Q: Can I take Zerodol SP for toothache?
A: Do not take this medicine without consulting your dentist. The underlying cause of toothache can be different. Therefore, do not self-medicate.
Q: How do Zerodol SP tablets work?
A: Zerodol SP contains paracetamol, aceclofenac and serratiopeptidase. Paracetamol and aceclofenac reduce the production of chemicals responsible for inflammation and pain and serratiopeptidase helps in breaking down certain proteins at the site of inflammation which promotes healing and reduces pain.
Q: Is Zerodol SP a painkiller?
A: Yes, it is an analgesic and anti-inflammatory medicine. It helps in relieving pain, swelling and inflammation in joints, bones and muscles.
|You Save||₹14.68 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Aceclofenac(100.0 Mg),Serratiopeptidase(15.0 Mg),Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(325.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Arthritis, spondylitis and injuries|
|Side effects||Stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, stomach ulcers|
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Up to Rs.500 cashback By Bank of Baroda + Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved