Fourderm Cream 20gm
By CIPLA GX
20g Cream in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Fourderm cream contains a combination of Clobetasol, Neomycin and Miconazole and Chlorhexidine. Fourderm cream is used for the treatment of inflammation and swelling in the various skin conditions suspected to have bacterial, fungal or mixed skin infections. Fourderm cream works by combined action of its different constuents. Clobetasol is a steroid and has anti-inflammatory properties. Neomycin and Chlorhexidine has an antibacterial action and Miconazole is an antifungal agent. Fourderm cream helps in reducing the symptoms like redness, swelling and itchiness. Fourderm cream should only be used externally and must not be used for any other skin conditions without consulting your doctor.
Uses of Fourderm Cream 20gm
Fourderm cream is used for the treatment of various skin infections and inflammation complicated by a superficial bacterial or fungal infection. It helps in managing the symptoms like scratching, red sores, itching and rashes when associated with skin infections.
Contraindications of Fourderm Cream 20gm
- If you are allergic to Clobetasol, Neomycin, Miconazole, Chlorhexidine or any of the ingredients in this medicine.
- It should not be used for treating infection in your private parts, face, acne, around mouth and skin perforations.
- If you have any untreated skin infection or skin thinning problem.
- You should not use this cream if you have chickenpox, shingles, warts or any other wounds and skin infections.
- This medicine should not be used in children below 2 years of age and for nappy rash.
- This medicine should not be used on open wounds or skin ulcers or any part which can lead to systemic absorption.
Side effects of Fourderm Cream 20gm
- Thinning of skin
- Cracks on skin
Precautions and Warnings of Fourderm Cream 20gm
Can I apply Fourderm Cream during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the safety of Fourderm cream in human pregnancy. In case you are prescribed with this cream, avoid using in larger skin areas for a prolonged duration.
Can I apply Fourderm Cream while breastfeeding?
Fourderm cream can be used by a breastfeeding woman if prescribed by the doctor. It should not be applied to the breast or areas near the breast of breastfeeding mother as there can be chances of ingestion of this by a breastfed infant. Avoid using it on large areas of skin or for a prolonged period.
Can I drive if I have applied Fourderm Cream?
Fourderm cream is to be applied externally and is less likely to influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol if I have applied Fourderm Cream?
There is no direct interaction between alcohol and Fourderm cream. However, you should avoid consuming alcohol as it can worsen the infection and delay healing.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing any allergic reactions of the skin after applying this cream.
- You are experiencing other infections after applying this cream.
- It would be best if you do not use this cream on any condition other than prescribed by your doctor.
- In case you experience any skin reactions after applying this cream, inform your doctor immediately.
- You should not apply this cream for a prolonged duration on a larger skin area or more than the prescribed duration.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Mode of Action of Fourderm Cream 20gm
How Does It Work?
- During inflammation or infection of the skin, the body releases some chemical substances which make the skin red, itchy and swollen.
- Clobetasol is a steroid which acts by blocking the synthesis of natural substance, i.e. prostaglandins which is responsible for itching, swelling and redness.
- Miconazole works by inhibiting the formation of a fungal cell wall component which leads to altered permeability and growth of fungus causing infection.
- Neomycin is an antibiotic agent which is widely used for treating various bacterial infection of the skin. It works by inhibiting growth and multiplication of bacteria causing infection.
- Chlorhexidine has antiseptic and antibacterial properties it works by preventing the growth of bacteria on the skin.
- Collectively all these medicines work more effectively by reducing the infection and inflammation of the skin.
Directions for Use of Fourderm Cream 20gm
- Use Fourderm cream as directed by your doctor and follow all the instructions.
- For external use only, apply it on the healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using Fourderm cream unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Apply a thin layer and rub gently to cover the affected area, for days and time advised by your doctor.
- If you do not see any improvement in your condition within 15 days, you should consult your doctor.
Interactions of Fourderm Cream 20gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Fourderm cream is for local application on skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken orally. However, it may interact with other topically applied medicine. Discuss with your doctor if you are already on another topical medicine.read less
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Fourderm cream with other medicines. However, as Fourderm cream contains different components, any interaction seen with these components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Be cautious if you are taking antifungal medicines like Itraconazole and Ritonavir which is used in HIV infection, antibiotics such as Erythromycin, blood-thinning agents like Warfarin and Verapamil used in heart problems.read less
Storage and disposal of Fourderm Cream 20gm
- Store Fourderm cream below 25°C, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep this medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard the expired or medicine that is no longer required properly.
Dosage of Fourderm Cream 20gm
As Fourderm skin cream is for external application, cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of this cream, wipe out the excess of the medicine with a tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
A missed application of this cream may reduce the effectiveness of the treatment. If you have missed an application, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What will happen if I accidentally ingest Fourderm cream?
A: If you accidentally ingest Fourderm cream, you may experience stomach discomforts, inform your doctor immediately. The components of this cream have the potential to irritate the stomach. Do not induce vomiting as it can irritate the surface of the food pipe.
Q: Can Fourderm cream be used in children?
A: Fourderm cream should not be used in children. The skin of children is very delicate and thin compared to adults can absorb larger amounts of this cream which can lead to side effects. Also, this medicine contains steroids which can interfere with the growth of children.
Q: Can I use Fourderm cream for pimples?
A: No, Fourderm cream should not be used for any conditions other than prescribed. Especially, you should refrain from using it on the face as the skin of your face is very delicate and sensitive.
Q: Does Fourderm cream contain steroid?
A: Yes, Fourderm cream contains Clobetasol which is a steroid and is effective against inflammation and swelling.
Q: Can Fourderm be used inside the nose for redness?
A: No, it should not be used inside the nose or any internal skin or mucous membrane.
Q: Can Fourderm be used for itching around the vagina?
A: No, it should not be used around the vagina, anal area or your private parts. It is better to consult your doctor for any infection related to a sensitive area of your body before using any cream. Do not apply this cream on internal skin or mucous membrane.
Q: Does rashes and itching form after applying Fourderm cream?
A: Yes, you may experience skin irritation, itching and rashes after applying Fourderm cream. However, not everyone gets these side effects. If the local side effects persist for more than 3 days consult your doctor, there may be chances that you are allergic to any of the component of this cream.
- EMA. SmPC. Dermovate Cream. [Accessed on 21.Aug.2020] (online)
- DailyMed. Neomycin Sulfate Cream. [Accessed on 21.Aug.2020] (online)
- EMA. SmPC. Daktarin Cream. [Accessed on 21.Aug.2020] (online)
- Bluecross Laboratories. Sonaderm-NM Cream. [Accessed on 21.Aug.2020] (online)
- EMA. Chlorhexidine Cream. SmPC. [Accessed on 21.Aug.2020] (online)
- Mayoclinic. Chlorhexidine Topical. [Accessed on 21.Aug.2020] (online)
Last Updated on: 22 Aug 2020 | 05:30 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved