Udiliv 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Udiliv 300 Tablets contain Ursodeoxycholic acid as an active ingredient. It is a medicine used to dissolve gall stones in various liver-related disorders such as scarring of the liver (Cirrhosis), swelling and scarring of liver and bile ducts (sclerosing cholangitis), and liver failure. Gall stones are hardened deposits of digestive juices formed in the gall bladder (a small organ found under the liver). It mainly occurs due to increased cholesterol content in bile juice. Udiliv 300 tablet acts as a dissolving agent, which reduces the cholesterol content in bile. The common side effects associated with this medicine are diarrhoea and paste-like stools. This medicine should be never be discontinued abruptly as it may lead to unwanted effects. This medicine should be used as per the directions given by the doctor.
Uses of Udiliv 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- To dissolve gallbladder stones that are made of cholesterol in various liver-related disorders such as cirrhosis and sclerosing cholangitis.
- Liver dysfunction associated with cystic fibrosis (a hereditary disease that affects lungs and digestive system).
Contraindications of Udiliv 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Ursodeoxycholic acid or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you are suffering from inflammation/blockage of the gall bladder or biliary tract.
- If you have stomach or intestinal ulcer or bleeding.
- If you have recently had a surgery involving any part of your intestine.
- If you have a liver-related disorder and non-functional gall bladder.
- If you are suffering from a liver or intestinal condition which affects the circulation of bile substances like blockage of the bile duct.
Side effects of Udiliv 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Sticky stool
- Pain in the abdomen
Precautions and Warnings of Udiliv 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Udiliv 300 tablets during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the safety of Udiliv 300 in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Udiliv 300 tablets while breastfeeding?
The safety of Udiliv 300 is not established in lactating women. Hence, it should not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Udiliv 300 tablets?
It does not influence your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Udiliv 300 tablets?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and this medicine. However, it is not advisable to drink alcohol as it can damage the liver further and worsen the existing complications.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience persistent diarrhoea and the doctor should discontinue the therapy immediately
- You have a history of liver disease or obstruction in bile passage, your doctor may ask you to do liver function test regularly.
- It would be best if you avoided high cholesterol diet during the treatment as it may affect the activity of this medicine.
- Your doctor may ask you for an ultrasound after six months of the treatment to check the therapeutic improvement.
- Women of childbearing age should use non-hormonal contraceptive measures (physical barrier) or low oestrogen oral contraceptive pills. Combination oral contraceptive pills should not be taken with Udiliv 300.read less
Mode of Action of Udiliv 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Udiliv 300 tablets improve liver function. It works as a dissolving agent and thus reduces the cholesterol content in bile and controls the blood's amount of cholesterol. It is also known to control the synthesis of cholesterol and absorption from the intestine.
Directions for Use of Udiliv 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Take Udiliv 300 as instructed by your doctor.
- It should be taken orally with plenty of water.
Interactions of Udiliv 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of cholesterol-lowering medicines such as cholestyramine or colestipol, and some antacids may reduce the effect of this medicine. So, it should be taken between a gap of 2 hours at least.read less
- Contraceptive pills should not be used if you are being prescribed with Udiliv 300 tablets.
- Other medicines that may affect this medicine are charcoal, and antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, immunosuppressants like Ciclosporin, cholesterol-lowering medicines like Atorvastatin, and Dapsone used as an anti-infective. Hence, it should not be used concomitantly.read less
Storage and disposal of Udiliv 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store the medicine between 20°C to 30°C.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Udiliv 300mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
The most common symptoms of an overdose of Udiliv 300 is diarrhoea. Consult your doctor immediately if you have taken an excessive dose of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Any precautions do I need to take during the treatment?
A: Sometimes you may suffer from persistent diarrhoea or blood in the stool. It would be best if you inform your doctor immediately. Your doctor may ask you to do liver function test regularly during the treatment.
Q: Does high blood cholesterol level cause gallbladder stones?
A: High blood cholesterol levels can cause supersaturation of cholesterol crystals, which may eventually lead to gallstone formation.
Q: Can Udiliv 300 reduce raised liver enzymes?
A: No, it does not have an action against reducing increased liver enzymes.
Q: Is Udiliv 300 used for reducing high bilirubin?
A: No, it is not used to reduce the levels of bilirubin. This medicine should only be used for the condition it is prescribed for.
A: Can I use Udiliv tablet for jaundice?
A: No, it is not used to treat jaundice. This medicine is used for dissolving stones in the gall bladder. It should not be used for any other condition.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Feb 2021 | 07:29 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved