Brief Description on Skin Care
Simply put, skin care means taking care of the skin to ensure it stays soft, supple and clean. It has been observed that those who follow a daily skin care regime attain a radiant glow and are less prone to skin related problems. The task demands just 10-15 minutes of time daily.
What is the need for Skin Care?
Our skin is exposed to a lot of dust, dirt and pollution throughout the day. This impacts our skin texture and can even cause skin problems. Daily skin care routine helps in getting rid of oil and dirt thereby opening the clogged pores that lead to pimples, blackheads and other skin problems. This simple daily routine is also recommended to enhance the look.
Types of Skin Care
- Exfoliation: Exfoliation is of utmost importance. It opens up the clogged pores, helps get rid of the dirt and leaves the skin soft. This is done by applying scrub on wet skin and rubbing it in a circular motion for 8-10 minutes. It is suggested to exfoliate the face, neck, arms and legs two-three times a week.
- Cleansing: This is a simple yet effective way to keep the skin clean. Simply pour a drop or two of cleansing milk on a cotton ball and rub it gently on the skin to cleanse it.
- Toning: The use of facial toners tightens the pores and helps get rid of excessive oil. It also bars the dust and pollutants from entering the skin. Those with oily skin must particularly use toners.
- Face Packs: The use of packs helps in getting rid of tanning and dark patches. Regular application of good quality face packs helps even out the skin tone.
- Moisturising: Moisturising the skin is necessary to get rid of dryness and dullness.
- Sun Screen: Precaution is certainly better than cure. Thus, one must apply sunscreen before heading out in the sun to avoid tanning.
Top Skin Care Products Brands & USPs
Skin care products are offered by a number of brands. Some of the top brands include Himalaya, The Body Shop, Lotus Herbals, Avon, L’oreal, Neutrogena and Nivea. They offer high quality scrubs, face masks, cleaners, toners, moisturisers, sunscreen and various other skin care products. These products are loved by men and women of all age groups mainly because though effective these are quite gentle on the skin.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the problem of acne be avoided by following a regular skin care regime?
Acne is mainly caused when a clogged pore becomes infected. It can very well be avoided by exfoliating and toning the skin regularly.
Please suggest some effective skin care tips.
It is best to follow a night time CTM (cleansing-toning-moisturising) routine. In addition to this, you must exfoliate your skin and apply a mask twice a week. Staying hydrated and having a balanced diet is equally essential.
How to prevent dark patches?
Exposure to the sun must be avoided to prevent the formation of dark patches. Apply good quality sunscreen if you have to go out in the sun.
How to avoid wrinkles?
One can delay the occurrence of wrinkles by using skin care products rich in retinoid and antioxidants.