Gaviscon Peppermint Digestion Liquid Bottle Of 150 Ml
Gaviscon Syrup provides quick and lasting relief from pain and discomfort such as heartburn and indigestion. The syrup contains sodium alginate which works on the acid in your stomach to form a thick gel-like layer. Calcium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate on reacting with stomach acid release bubbles of carbon dioxide which allow the gel to form a strong protective barrier on top of the stomach contents and prevent the stomach acid from flowing back into the oesophagus.
- Provides effective, instant results in just 3 minutes.
- Provides relief for up to 4 hours which is 2 times longer than normal antacids.
- Safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- It is sugar-free and gluten-free.
- Sodium Alginate
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Calcium Carbonate
Gaviscon Syrup is better than antacids. It is used to treat acidity and indigestion, provides quick and lasting relief, treats heartburn and gas troubles such as bloating and belching. It also helps to get rid of abdominal pain and stomach discomfort caused due to acidity and works by neutralizing stomach acid in the body.
How to Use
Adults, elderly people and children above 12 years of age are advised to consume 10 -20 ml of this liquid post meals and at bedtime or as directed by their doctor. However, kids below 12 years of age should take it only after medical advice. You must always shake the bottle well before using it.
- Read the label carefully before using it.
- Keep it away from children.
- Use it under medical supervision.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Store it in a cool and dry place.
- Do not store it above 30 degrees.
- Do not freeze or refrigerate.
1. Is Gaviscon Syrup safe for consumption?
Gaviscon Syrup contains sodium and people who are on a controlled sodium diet such as those suffering from hypertension, congestive heart failure and renal impairment, must talk to their doctor before taking this medicine.
2. What happens in case of overdose?
In case of an overdose of the Gaviscon Syrup, you may experience bloating. Do not use the maximum dosage for more than 2 weeks except under the advice and supervision of a doctor.
3. How can I prevent acidity?
You must avoid excess intake of oily, spicy and salty foods as well as carbonated drinks. Eat small, frequent meals and opt for a low-carbohydrate and high-fiber diet. Avoid alcohol and limit the intake of caffeine. Drink lots of water.