Pantocid 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pantocid tablet is used to treat stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other acidity-related problems. Pantocid tablet is a medicine used to reduce stomach acid. It contains pantoprazole as its active ingredient. It a proton pump inhibitor and blocks the proton pumps in the stomach wall responsible for the production of acid. It also has anti-acid reflux actions. This medicine works best when taken on an empty stomach. You should tell your doctor about your medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take or might take.
Uses of Pantocid 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Pantocid tablet is used to treat ulcers in the stomach or intestine, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour in the pancreas, which causes oversecretion of stomach acids) and gastroesophageal reflux disease [GERD] (symptoms like heartburn & chest pain right after eating).
Contraindications of Pantocid 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or any other ingredients of the Pantocid tablet.
- If you are allergic to similar medicines such as omeprazole, etc.
- If you are currently taking anti-HIV medications such as rilpivirine, atazanavir.
Side effects of Pantocid 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Loose motion
- Feeling sick
- Difficulty in falling asleep
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pantocid 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Pantocid tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information available about the effect of Pantocid tablet on pregnancy. Thus, this medicine should be consumed only if prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Pantocid tablet while breastfeeding?
A component of Pantocid tablet can pass into breast milk. It is advised not to take medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pantocid tablet?
You may feel dizzy or disturbed vision after taking this medicine. If you experience these symptoms, avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pantocid tablet?
Alcohol can increase acidity and worsen the symptoms of acidity and ulcer. Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You are taking an anti-HIV medicine such as atazanavir or painkillers such as aspirin.
- You have a vitamin B12 deficiency as the Pan 40 tablet can reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 when used for the long term, inform your doctor.
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). This medicine may alter the results.
- You are using this medicine for the long term as it can lead to diarrhoea and malabsorption.
- You have liver-related problems, especially in the case of increased liver enzymes, the treatment should be stopped.
- Pantocid tablet is not recommended for children below the age of 12 years.
Mode of Action of Pantocid 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Pantocid contains pantoprazole, which is a proton pump inhibitor. It works by blocking a pump called the proton pump in the stomach, responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells. Thus, it blocks acid secretion. Therefore, it is used in conditions where there is excessive acidity.
Directions for Use of Pantocid 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Pantocid tablet should be taken as advised by the doctor, preferably in the morning. For optimal results, try to take it at the same time every day on an empty stomach.
Interactions of Pantocid 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Pantocid tablet may alter the action of medicines whose bioavailability is dependent on stomach acid such as ketoconazole.
- Pantocid tablet must not be co-administered with atazanavir, an anti-HIV medicine and methotrexate, an immunomodulator.
- If you are taking blood thinners such as warfarin, as there is an increased risk of bleeding.
- Levels of methotrexate (used to treat certain types of cancer) can be increased in the body upon concomitant use with the Pantocid tablet.
- Any other medicines, supplements or herbal preparations, if you are taking, should be informed to your doctor while he prescribes you this medicine to avoid interactions.
Interactions with food items
Nicotine, caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate, and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Pantocid 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pantocid 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you have consumed too much of the Pantocid tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When to take Pantocid tablet?
A: Pantocid tablet should be tablet be taken preferably in the morning before the first meal or 1 hour before taking a meal.
Q: What is Pantocid tablet used for?
A: Pantocid tablet is used for the treatment of ulcer, acid reflux disease and zollinger-ellison syndrome.
Q: What should I discuss with my doctor before taking Pantocid tablet?
A: Heartburn and chest pain can mimic early symptoms of a heart attack. If you have chest pain that spreads to your jaw, shoulders, arms, back and you feel light-headed and anxious, seek medical help immediately.
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- DailyMed - PANTOPRAZOLE SODIUM DELAYED-RELEASE- pantoprazole sodium tablet, delayed release [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- Pantoprazole 40 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 May 2021 | 05:18 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% OFF + 20% Cashback on all medicines + Free 1-Month Grofers Smart Bachat Club Membership
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved