Allegra 120mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Allegra 120 MG Description
Allegra 120mg tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It is used for the treatment and management of allergies. This tablet relieves watery eyes, runny or blocked nose, itching, sneezing and swelling. It also helps relieve skin allergy symptoms (hives), such as skin rash, itching and swelling.
Allegra 120mg tablet contains fexofenadine as an active ingredient. Fexofenadine works by blocking the effects of histamine, a substance that causes allergy symptoms.
Take Allegra as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. You can take this medicine with or without food. It is advised to take this medication at the same time every day. Do not miss or skip the dose of Allegra. A few other tablets with fexofenadine as their composition are Fxolife 120mg, Air 120, Fexy 120mg and Fexova 120.
You may experience dizziness, drowsiness and headache while taking this medication. However, these side effects are temporary and resolve on their own. If these side effects worsen, contact your doctor immediately.
To avoid getting an allergy, avoid exposure to the substance you're allergic to whenever possible. Allegra 120 should not be used by children aged below 12 years of age. Before starting the treatment with the tab Allegra, inform your doctor about all the existing medications and medical conditions.
Uses of Allegra 120 MG
Contraindications of Allegra 120 MG
Side effects of Allegra 120 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Allegra 120 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from liver or kidney disease.
- You are suffering from any heart disease as this medicine is known to increase your heartbeat.
- You are an elderly person.
- Allegra 120mg Tablet should not be used by children below the age of 12.
Directions for Use of Allegra 120 MG
Storage and disposal of Allegra 120 MG
- Store it in a cool dry place. Protect it from moisture and direct sunlight.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Quick Tips of Allegra 120 MG
- Allegra 120mg tablet is an anti-allergic medicine used to provide relief of symptoms of allergic rhinitis like sneezing, watery eyes, runny/blocked nose, etc. Do not take this medicine for any other condition other than that specified by your doctor....
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- Before starting Allegra 120mg tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning on becoming pregnant or breastfeeding. Also, inform your doctor about all other medicines that you take and your complete medical history....
- Tell your doctor if you have a history or currently have any heart or blood vessel-related disorders or if you experience any side effects after taking this medicine.
- Antacids should be taken at least 2 hours before or after taking this medicine.
- Nausea, headache, sleepiness and dizziness can occur as side effects of this medicine. Inform your doctor if the side effects do not resolve even after completing the course of this medicine.
- If you experience dizziness or sleepiness after taking Allegra 120mg tablet, it is recommended to avoid driving, operating heavy machinery or performing any such tasks that require mental alertness.
Dosage of Allegra 120 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Allegra 120 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Allegra 120 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Allegra 120mg Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines such as ketoconazole and erythromycin to treat infections.
- Acidity medicines should be taken two hours before this medicine and not along with it.
Interactions with food items
- You should avoid grapefruit juice, apple juice or orange juice while on this medicine, as it may increase the side effects of this medicine.