Allegra 120mg Tablet
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Allegra 120 Tablet is an antiallergic medicine. It contains Fexofenadine as an active ingredient. Allegra 120 Tablet is used for relieving the symptoms of allergies such as hives (urticaria) and allergic rhinitis (Hay fever). Allegra 120 Tablet works by blocking the action of a natural chemical Histamine, produced in the body in response to an allergen during an allergic reaction. Thus, it controls allergic symptoms such as itching, redness, swelling of the skin, sneezing, stuffed nose and watery eyes. Allegra 120 Tablet should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Uses of Allegra 120mg Tablet
- For relieving the symptoms of allergic rhinitis (Hay fever) such as watery eyes, runny or blocked nose, itching, swelling around nose and sneezing.
- It is also used for relieving the symptoms such as itching, red bumps, swelling and wheals on the skin due to a skin allergy known as hives or urticaria.
Contraindications of Allegra 120mg Tablet
If you are allergic to Fexofenadine or any other ingredients of Allegra 120 Tablet.
Side effects of Allegra 120mg Tablet
- Tiredness or sleepiness
Precautions and Warnings of Allegra 120mg Tablet
Can I take Allegra 120 Tablet during pregnancy?
Due to a lack of safety information regarding the use of Allegra 120 in pregnancy, it should only be used under medical supervision by a pregnant woman.
Can I take Allegra 120 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Allegra 120 Tablet passes into breastmilk. Therefore, it is advised not to take this tablet while breastfeeding unless prescribed by a doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Allegra 120 Tablet?
This medicine does not have any effect on the ability to drive or use machines. However, caution is advised while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
Can I consume alcohol with Allegra 120 Tablet?
Caution is needed as drinking excess alcohol along with this medicine can increase sleepiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from liver or kidney disease or you are elderly.
- You are suffering from any heart disease as this medicine is known to increase heart rhythm.
Mode of Action of Allegra 120mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a natural substance produced in the body in response to an allergy. It causes itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes. Allegra 120 Tablet blocks the effect of Histamine and controls allergic symptoms.
Directions for Use of Allegra 120mg Tablet
- Take Allegra 120 Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Complete the course of anti-allergic medicine for effective control of allergy.
Interactions of Allegra 120mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin and antifungals such as Ketoconazole may interact with the action of this medicine.
- Acidity medicines containing aluminum and magnesium salts should be taken two hours before taking Allegra 120 Tablet.
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplements or herbals you are taking to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Allegra 120mg Tablet
- Store Allegra 120 Tablet at room temperature.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Allegra 120mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose of Allegra 120 Tablet are dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and dry mouth. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Allegra 120 vs Cetirizine. What are the differences?
A: Cetirizine and Allegra 120 are anti-allergic medicines. Allegra 120 contains Fexofenadine as an active ingredient. Both medicines are used for relieving symptoms of seasonal allergies and hives. Since allergies can be caused due to several reasons, it is best to consult a doctor to understand the cause of the allergy and suitable treatment or medication. Do not self-medicate with any medicine without consulting a doctor.
Q: How long does it take for Allegra 120 Tablet to start acting?
A: The effect of this medication starts approximately within one hour of taking the medicine and lasts for at least 24 hours. However, this can vary among individuals depending on their physiology and metabolism.
Q: How many Allegra 120 Tablets can I take in a day?
- Your doctor will decide the dose and duration of Allegra 120 Tablet after accessing the underlying cause and severity of the allergic condition.
- Do not self-medicate this medicine and complete the course of treatment for better results.
Q: Is Allegra 120 Tablet safe for a 12-year kid?
A: Yes, it can be used by a kid of 12 years of age and over if prescribed by a doctor.
Q: Is Allegra 120 Tablet an antibiotic?
A: No, it is an anti-allergic medicine used for the management of allergic symptoms of rhinitis and hives.
Last Updated on: 07 Dec 2020 | 07:22 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved