Pantop 40mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Pantop 40 MG Description
Pantop 40 tablet is used to reduce acid production in the stomach. It is used for the treatment of gastric ulcers, also called peptic ulcers and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease
(GERD). GERD occurs due to frequent acid reflux (burning pain or discomfort in the chest). This medicine contains pantoprazole as an active ingredient. Pantop 40 tablet reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It works by blocking a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall responsible for the formation of acid. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It should be taken on an empty stomach as prescribed by a doctor. It would be best if you took this medicine as prescribed. Do not miss any dose or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Along with taking medicine on time, making certain lifestyle modifications can help to manage your acidity problem better. Try eating smaller meals, eating slowly and avoiding overeating and lying down immediately after having a meal. Limit your intake of alcohol, avoid smoking and maintain a healthy weight; consult the doctor to understand what works best for you.
Uses of Pantop 40 MG
- Pantop 40 tablet is used for the treatment of ulcers in the stomach and acid reflux disease or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- For the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, a tumour in the pancreas causes the oversecretion of stomach acids.
Contraindications of Pantop 40 MG
- If you are allergic to pantoprazole or similar medicines or other ingredients of Pantop 40 mg tablet.
- Do not consume the medicine if you are taking rilpivirine used in HIV treatment.
Side effects of Pantop 40 MG
- Abdominal pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pantop 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You may have liver problems.
- You are taking painkiller medicines.
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer.
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV.
- You may have weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis).
- You may have low levels of vitamin B12. Pantop 40 tablet reduces the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use ( longer than 3 years).
- You are on the medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. The doctor may advise performing regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on the skin, stop the treatment with Pantoprazole and inform the doctor as this may be a symptom of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (SCLE).
- You are supposed to do a blood test (Chromogranin A). The medicine may alter the results.
Directions for Use of Pantop 40 MG
- Pantop 40 tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- The medicine must be taken 1 hour before food, on an empty stomach.
Storage and disposal of Pantop 40 MG
- Store at a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Pantop 40 MG
- It is recommended to use this medicine in the prescribed manner. However, anti-reflux medicines should preferably be taken in the morning on an empty stomach or with food for optimum effectiveness.
- You can make certain lifestyle modifications like preventing excess intake of foods that cause acidity, like carbonated drinks and oily/fried food, regular exercise, and maintaining a healthy weight.
- It is also advised to limit alcohol intake and quit smoking for better treatment of your acidity.
- It is advised to reduce stress and get good sleep each night.
- Inform your doctor if you are using this medicine as a continuous treatment of acidity for more than 4 weeks or if the symptoms are persistent even after taking the medicine.
- This medicine can hamper the actions of other medicines taken at the same time. Inform your doctor if you are using any other medicines.
- Consult your doctor if you experience effects like nausea, fullness, and bloating, especially after food intake, even after taking this medicine.
Dosage of Pantop 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Pantop 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Pantop 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Other medicines can affect the way Pantop 40 tablet works or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor about the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially medicines for fungal infection, anti-HIV medicines, blood thinner medicines and medicines for cancer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with the doctor before taking Pantop 40 mg tablet?
Q: What is Pantop 40 mg used for?
Q: Can Pantop 40 mg tablet be taken after food?
Q: Is Pantop 40 tablet effective for palpitation?
Q: Is Pantop 40 effective for mouth ulcers?
Q: Is Pantop 40 effective for piles?
Q: Can I take Pantop 40 for dental related pain?
Q: Can I take Pantop 40 before dinner?
Q: How many Pantop 40 can be taken in a day?
Q: Does Pantop 40 reduce gas?
Q: Can Pantop 40 tablet spike up sugar levels in diabetic patients?
Q: Can we have Rantac after having Pantop 40?
Q: Does Pantop 40 cause sleepiness?
Q: Is Aciloc 300 same as Pantop 40?
Q: Can I take Pantop 40 for loose motion?
Q: What are the side effects of Pantop 40?
Q: What is the composition of Pantop 40?
Q: Is Pantop 40 safe during pregnancy?
Q: Can Pantop 40 be used for Crohn's disease?
Q: How many Pantop 40 can I take in a day?
Q: Can I take Pantop 40 for peptic ulcer disease?
- Pansec tablets [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- Pantoprazole 20 mg gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]
- How Are Ulcers Formed from Drinking Alcohol? [Internet]. American Addiction Centers. 2022 [cited 10 August 2022]