Digene Acidity & Gas Relief Tablets 15s- Mint Flavour
Digene acidity and gas relief tablet provides quick relief from stomach ache and abdominal cramps as a result of acidity and gas formation. The digene tablet for gas is absolutely sugar-free and prevents the stomach from creating excess acid, offering relief that is long-lasting. This digene tablet strip of 15 is mint flavoured and can be used over the counter for relief from indigestion.
- Neutralizes and prevents the formation of excess acid in the stomach.
- Prevents irritation of the stomach lining, reducing discomfort.
- Reduces bloating and stomach ache.
- Highly effective for indigestion, it prevents belching.
- Magnesium Hydroxide
- Magnesium Aluminium Silicate Hydrate
- Dried Aluminum Hydroxide Gel
Digene mint tablets offer quick relief from indigestion and gas and related symptoms like pain and discomfort.
How to Use
- Digene antacid should be taken about an hour after a meal, generally at night before going to bed or otherwise as advised by a physician. 2-4 tablets can be chewed or sucked on at a time.
- Children should be given digene only as per the doctor’s prescription and advice.
- Digene medicine should be ideally taken at the same time every day so that it is most effective.
- Inform the doctor about other medicines that you are taking, before consumption of the digene tablet.
- In case of a missed dose, skip the missed dose if it's time for the next dose.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers should take it only after consulting a doctor.
- In case of increasing side effects, get in touch with your doctor.
- Patients with kidney disease or heart problems should consult their doctor before taking antacids. This is primarily because antacids constitute electrolytes that can result in fluid as well as electrolyte inconsistency in the body.
- Instructions on the label should be read carefully before taking the tablet.
- Store the tablet strip away from children.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Store it in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
Q1. When do you take digene antacid?
Digene tablet is an over the counter medication for acidity and indigestion. This is a high ANC (Acid Neutralizing Capacity) product and acts quickly to reduce abdominal pain due to acid formation.
Q2. What other flavours is digene available in?
Apart from mint, digene tablets are also available in two other flavours, that is, orange and mixed fruit.
Q3. Can pregnant women and nursing mothers take digene for heartburn?
Pregnant women can take digene for relief from heartburn after consulting with their doctor. The same applies to mothers who are nursing.
Q4. Can you give digene tablets to children?
Children should be given digene tablets for stomach pain only under a doctor’s guidance.
Q5. How does an antacid work?
The antacid neutralizes and further prevents the stomach from producing acid that irritates the stomach lining. Depending on the action mechanism, these medicines are divided into 3 categories-
- H2 receptor blockers
- Proton pump inhibitors (PPI)