Digene Acidity & Gas Relief Tablets 15s- Mint Flavour
- A prescription is not necessary to buy a Digene tablet.
- It provides relief from bloating, belching and gas.
- It helps relieve the feeling of discomfort in the stomach.
- It reduces heartburn and indigestion.
- It reduces the overall acid level in the stomach.
Digene acidity and gas relief tablet provides quick relief from stomach ache and abdominal cramps as a result of acidity and gas formation. The Digene tablet for gas is sugar-free and reduces the stomach from creating excess acid, offering long-lasting relief. This Digene tablet strip is mint flavoured and can be used over the counter for relief from indigestion.
- Aluminium hydroxide, Magnesium hydroxide and Magnesium silicate - These work by neutralising excess stomach acid.
- Simethicone - It helps lower the surface tension of gas bubbles, thereby facilitating gas expulsion through flatus or belching (burping). It also reduces the accumulation and formation of gas in the digestive tract.
How to Use
- Digene antacid should be taken about an hour after a meal, generally at night before going to bed or otherwise as advised by a physician. 2-4 tablets can be chewed or sucked on at a time.
- Children should be given Digene only as per the doctors prescription and advice.
- Digene medicine should be ideally taken at the same time every day so that it is most effective.
- Inform the doctor about other medicines that you are taking, before consumption of the Digene tablet.
- In case of a missed dose, skip the missed dose if it's time for the next dose.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers should take it only after consulting a doctor.
- In case of increasing side effects, get in touch with your doctor.
- Patients with kidney disease or heart problems should consult their doctor before taking antacids. This is primarily because antacids constitute electrolytes that can result in fluid as well as electrolyte inconsistency in the body.
- Neutralizes and reduces the formation of excess acid in the stomach.
- reduces irritation of the stomach lining, reducing discomfort.
- Reduces bloating and stomach ache.
- Highly effective for indigestion. It reduces belching.
- Digene mint tablets offer quick relief from gas.
- Store the tablet strip away from children.
- Store it in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Instructions on the label should be read carefully before taking the tablet.
You must avoid alcohol consumption while taking a Digene Tablet. Alcohol intake leads to excess production of stomach acid and increases heartburn.
You must be cautious while taking a Digene tablet during pregnancy. It is advisable to consult a doctor and discuss the benefits and potential risks.
- Breast Feeding
In this case, you must speak to the doctor and follow his or her advice regarding taking the medicine.
Digene tablets may cause dizziness and drowsiness. You should not drive or operate machinery unless you are completely alert.
Consult your doctor before taking a Digene tablet if you suffer from any liver conditions. Your doctor will prescribe the medicine only after weighing the benefits and risks.
Digene tablets should not be used by kidney patients. Consult your doctor and let him know about your concerns beforehand.
Q1. When do you take Digene antacid?
Ans: Digene tablet is an over the counter medication for acidity and indigestion. This is a high ANC (Acid Neutralizing Capacity) product and acts quickly to reduce abdominal pain due to acid formation.
Q2. What other flavours are Digene available in?
Ans: Apart from mint, Digene tablets are also available in two other flavours, that is, orange and mixed fruit.
Q3. Can pregnant women and nursing mothers take Digene for heartburn?
Ans: Pregnant women can take Digene for relief from heartburn after consulting with their doctor. The same applies to mothers who are nursing.
Q4. Can you give Digene tablets to children?
Ans: Children should be given Digene tablets for stomach pain only under a doctors guidance.
Q5. How does an antacid work?
Ans: The antacid neutralizes and further reduces the stomach from producing acid that irritates the stomach lining. Depending on the action mechanism, these medicines are divided into 3 categories-
- H2 receptor blockers
- Proton pump inhibitors (PPI)
Q6. What are the benefits of Digene Tablets?
Ans: Digene tablets will provide you fast and long-lasting, relief from acidity, gas and indigestion.
Q7. When should you take Digene Tablets?
Ans: Digene is an antacid and you must take it about 1 hour after eating. Do not take them with food in case, you are taking them for symptoms at night.
Q8. Can Digene tablets be taken daily?
Ans: You must take Digene tablets only when you experience symptoms of acidity and indigestion. Do not take more than 5 doses in 24 hours.
Q9. Do Digene Tablets help with bloating?
Ans: Yes, Digene tablets can provide effective relief from bloating.
Q10. Is Digene habit forming?
Ans: No, it does not lead to addiction.