Pamorelin La 11.25mg Inj
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
1 Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection contains Triptorelin as its active ingredient. It is used to treat prostate cancer. It is also used in treating early puberty (a condition in which your child's body beg
ins to change into an adult too soon). This medicine will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection must not be used by pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers. Inform your doctor about your detailed medical history, before starting this medicine....
Uses of Pamorelin La 11.25mg Inj
- Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection is used for the treatment of prostate cancer.
- It is also used in the treatment of early puberty.
Contraindications of Pamorelin La 11.25mg Inj
- If you are allergic to Triptorelin or any other ingredients of Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
Side effects of Pamorelin La 11.25mg Inj
- Excessive sweating
- A sudden feeling of warmth
- Back pain
- Tingling or pricking sensation especially in the legs
- Reduced sex drive, impotence
- Injection site reactions
- Dizziness, blurred vision (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Pamorelin La 11.25mg Inj
Can I take the Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection during pregnancy?
- Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection must not be used during pregnancy as it may be harmful.
- When pregnancy is detected, this medicine should be discontinued immediately.
- Non-hormonal methods of birth control (such as a condom) should be used while on treatment.
- If you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, you should consult your doctor before starting the Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection.
Can I take the Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection while breastfeeding?
Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection must not be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have injected Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection?
Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection may cause side effects like dizziness, blurred vision. Thus, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of drinking regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You or any of the family members notice changes in your moods like depression.
- You have diabetes.
- You are suffering from any heart or blood vessel problems.
- You experience pain or any difficulty while passing urine or notice blood in your urine.
- You develop pain in your back, weakness, numbness or tingling sensation in your legs.
- You experience sudden headache, vomiting, problems with eyesight while on treatment (these may be signs of an enlarged pituitary gland). Inform your doctor immediately.
- You experience any discomfort while on treatment with Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection.
- You may experience injection site bruising if you are on blood thinners like warfarin, etc.
- Treatment with Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection for a longer duration may lead to bone loss or you may be at a higher risk of having bone fractures, especially if you consume alcohol regularly, are a smoker, have a family history of osteoporosis, do not have a very healthy diet or are taking steroids or medicines to treat fits....Read more
Mode of Action of Pamorelin La 11.25mg Inj
How Does It Work?
Triptorelin in Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection works by lowering the levels of testosterone, thus slowing the growth of cancer cells and relieving the symptoms.
Directions for Use of Pamorelin La 11.25mg Inj
- Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection will be given to you in the hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Pamorelin La 11.25mg Inj
Interactions with other medicines
- Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or any vaccination scheduled....Read more
- Concomitant use of Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection along with medicines used to treat heart problems (quinidine, procainamide, amiodarone and sotalol) or medicines like methadone (used to relieve pain), moxifloxacin (antibiotic), other medicines used to treat your mental health problems may alter the effects of this medicine, thus should be used with caution....Read more
- Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection when used simultaneously with other medicines may increase the level of a hormone called prolactin, may affect the way this medicine works, thus should be used cautiously....Read more
Storage and disposal of Pamorelin La 11.25mg Inj
- Store Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pamorelin La 11.25mg Inj
Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any other symptoms right after t
aking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse as to when Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse m
ight have missed a dose, inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection?
A: Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection is used for the treatment of prostate cancer. It is also used in the treatment of early puberty.
Q: Can I take Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection on my own?
A: No, you should not inject Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection on your own, as you do not know the site of administration or the appropriate dose. So, it is always advisable to get this injection from an experienced doctor or nurse. You should always do as directed by your doctor or visit the hospital
Q: Does Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection contain a steroid?
A: No, Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection does not contain a steroid. It contains Triptorelin, which is similar to a hormone present naturally in the body.
Q: Can I stop the treatment with Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection on my own?
A: No, you should not stop the treatment with Pamorelin LA 11.25mg injection on your own without consulting the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you discontinue this medicine before completing the treatment, your symptoms may reoccur.
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:21 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved