Duphaston 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By ABBOTT INDIA LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Duphaston tablet contains dydrogesterone as an active ingredient. It is a synthetic form of the female hormone progesterone. Duphaston is an original research brand of Dydrogesterone, first approved in April 1960. Dydrogesterone granules present in Duphaston are manufactured in Weesp, Netherlands and are tableted in two states of-the-art manufacturing sites in India. Duphaston tablets are used to treat disorders related to the female reproductive cycle, infertility, irregular menses and uterine bleeding. It works by imitating the actions of the natural hormone progesterone and hence improves the conditions that occur due to imbalance in the hormonal levels. Before starting the treatment with this medicine for abnormal uterine bleeding, the cause for abnormal bleeding should be identified. This medicine may cause breakthrough bleeding and spotting during the initial days of the treatment. If this continues, then inform your doctor.
Uses of Duphaston 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Treatment of pain during menses, absence of menses and irregular cycles
- Treatment of endometriosis (a painful condition in which tissue that normally lines the inside the uterus grows outside)
- Treatment of irregular uterine bleeding and premenstrual syndrome
- Treatment of miscarriage and infertility
- Hormone replacement therapy in women having menopause
Contraindications of Duphaston 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Known allergy to the active substance or any of the excipients
- Known or suspected history of tumours like meningioma
- Vaginal bleeding whose cause is not determined
Side effects of Duphaston 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Vaginal bleeding
- Stomach pain
- Menstrual disorders
- Breast pain and tenderness
Precautions and Warnings of Duphaston 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Duphaston during pregnancy?
This medicine is safe during pregnancy and it can be used by pregnant women only when prescribed by the doctor.
Can I take Duphaston while breastfeeding?
There is limited information on Duphaston in breastfeeding. Kindly consult your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Duphaston?
Duphaston has minor influence on the ability to drive and use machines. If you experience dizziness or sleepiness, refrain from driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Duphaston?
There is limited information on the interaction of Duphaston with alcohol. However, if you are pregnant, consumption of alcohol should be avoided as it can harm the foetus.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver disease or history of liver disease.
- Your lab tests show deranged liver function.
- You are suffering from or ever suffered from depression
- Before treatment is started, the cause of vaginal bleeding must be clear.
- You experience spotting or bleeding in between menses. Some spotting occurs in the first month but if it occurs after stopping the treatment, inform your doctor.
- You have a disease called porphyria.
Mode of Action of Duphaston 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Progesterone is a female hormone crucial for maintaining the appropriate menstrual cycle and functions of the uterus. When the body produces insufficient progesterone it can cause infertility, miscarriages, premenstrual syndrome, irregular menses and other disorders related to the disturbed female reproductive cycle.read less
- Duphaston contains a man-made form of this a female hormone progesterone. Thus, it helps in regularising menses, decreasing premenstrual syndrome, prevents repeated miscarriages and helps to conceive in infertility.read less
Directions for Use of Duphaston 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Swallow the tablet with a glass of water with or without food
- If the patient has to take more than one tablet, they should be spread evenly over the day. For example, one tablet in the morning and one in the evening
- The tablet should be taken at the same time each day. This will make sure that there is a constant amount of this medicine in the body
- This medicine prescribed for a particular patient shouldn’t be passed on to the others. It may harm them, even if their symptoms are the same
Interactions of Duphaston 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take Duphaston along with epilepsy medicines like Phenobarbital, Phenytoin and Carbamazepine
- Avoid using it with medicines like Rifampicin and Rifabutin ( used in tuberculosis)
- You should not consume any herbal preparations containing, e.g. St John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum), sage or Ginkgo biloba when taking this medicine
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines like Ritonavir, Nelfinavir, Nevirapine and Efavirenz (used in HIV)
Storage and disposal of Duphaston 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store at temperature not exceeding 25°C
- Protect from light and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Dosage of Duphaston 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Limited data is available about overdose in humans. If you think you have taken an overdose, immediately seek medical help.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking Duphaston, take it as soon as you remember. If more than 12 hours have passed, do not take the missed dose, instead continue with your regular dosing schedule. Missing doses should be avoided as it increases the chances of irregular bleeding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I know before starting Duphaston?
- Do not self-medicate with this medicine. It is safe to use Duphaston under medical supervision.
- Breast examination is necessary before starting the treatment. Women should inform the doctor if they notice any breast changes.
- Periodic check-ups are recommended. Any break-through bleeding or spotting should be promptly reported to the doctor.
Q: Can Duphaston prevent miscarriage?
A: There are several reasons for miscarriage. If the reason for your repeated miscarriages is a deficiency of hormone progesterone, then Duphaston can help.
Q: Does Duphaston cause constipation?
A: No, it is not known to cause constipation. However, if you are pregnant, you may experience constipation.
Q: Is Duphaston safe during pregnancy?
A: Yes, it is safe in pregnancy. It is estimated that more than 10 million pregnancies have been exposed to dydrogesterone. So far, there were no indications of a harmful effect of dydrogesterone use during pregnancy. However, it is to be taken under medical supervision only.
Q: Does Duphaston cause nausea?
A: Yes, it can cause nausea.
Q: Does Duphaston stop periods?
A: No, this medicine is not meant for stopping periods.
Q: Does taking Duphaston delay periods?
A: No, it does not delay periods. You should avoid taking this medicine for any other condition which is not prescribed by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 28 Oct 2020 | 05:40 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved