Duphaston 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Duphaston 10 MG Description
Duphaston tablet is used to treat disorders related to the female reproductive cycle, infertility, irregular menses and uterine bleeding. It contains dydrogesterone as an active ingredient. This is a synthetic form of the female hormone progesterone.
Duphaston is the original research brand of Dydrogesterone, first approved in April 1960. Dydrogesterone granules present in Duphaston are manufactured in Weesp, Netherlands. Further, tableted in two states of the art manufacturing sites in India.
Duphaston tab works by imitating the actions of the natural hormone progesterone. Hence it improves the conditions that occur due to an imbalance of the hormonal levels. You must inform your doctor if you face any of the following symptoms or conditions while taking Duphaston:
Jaundice or declining liver function
Significant increase in blood pressure
Before starting the treatment with Duphaston, identify the cause of abnormal uterine bleeding. The medicine may cause breakthrough bleeding and spotting during the initial days of the treatment. If this continues, then inform the doctor. Dydroboon tablet, Dydrofem tablet, Dydrogest tablet, Dydrosure tablet and Drolute tablet are some other medicines containing dydrogesterone as an active ingredient.
Before starting the treatment, you must inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding. Also about all the medicines, supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
|You Save||₹119.25 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Female infertility, irregular menses, uterine bleeding|
|Side effects||Vaginal bleeding, migraine, headache, nausea, vomiting|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR FEMALE INFERTILITY|
Uses of Duphaston 10 MG
- Duphaston tablet is used for the treatment of pain during menses, absence of menses and irregular cycles
- It is used in the treatment of endometriosis (a painful condition in which tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus grows outside)
- This medicine is used in treating irregular uterine bleeding and premenstrual syndrome
- Duphaston tablet is used in infertility and miscarriage
- It is also used as hormone replacement therapy in women having menopause
Contraindications of Duphaston 10 MG
- If you are allergic to dydrogesterone or other ingredients of Duphaston tablet.
- If you have a known or suspected history of tumours like meningioma.
- If you have vaginal bleeding whose cause is not determined.
Side effects of Duphaston 10 MG
- Vaginal bleeding
- Stomach pain
- Menstrual disorders
- Breast pain
- Breast tenderness
Precautions and Warnings of Duphaston 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You having liver disease or a history of liver disease.
- Your lab tests show deranged liver function.
- You experience spotting or bleeding in between menses. Some spotting occurs in the first month but if it occurs after stopping the treatment, inform the doctor.
- You have a disease called porphyria.
- Before the treatment with Duphaston tablet, the cause of vaginal bleeding must be clear.
Directions for Use of Duphaston 10 MG
- Duphaston tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow the tablet with a glass of water with or without food.
- If the patient has to take more than one tablet, they should be spread evenly over the day. For example, one tablet in the morning and one in the evening.
- The tablet should be taken at the same time each day. This will make sure that there is a constant amount of this medicine in the body.
- This medicine prescribed for a particular patient shouldn’t be passed on to others. It may harm them, even if their symptoms are the same.
Storage and disposal of Duphaston 10 MG
- Store Duphaston tablets at temperature not exceeding 25°C
- Protect from light and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children
Quick Tips of Duphaston 10 MG
- Duphaston tablet helps treats disorders related to the female reproductive cycle, infertility, irregular menses and uterine bleeding.
- Determine the cause of abnormal uterine bleeding before you begin Duphaston treatment. In the early stages of treatment, the medicine may result in breakthrough bleeding and spotting.
- Duphaston tablets can be used by pregnant women only when prescribed by a doctor.
- The tablet should be taken at the same time each day. This will ensure that there is a constant amount of this medicine in the body.
- You should not take Duphaston and epilepsy medicines like phenobarbital, phenytoin and carbamazepine.
Dosage of Duphaston 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Duphaston 10 MG
How Does It Work?
- Progesterone is a female hormone crucial for maintaining the appropriate menstrual cycle and functioning of the uterus. When the body produces insufficient progesterone it may cause infertility, miscarriages, premenstrual syndrome, irregular menses, and other disorders related to the disturbed female reproductive cycle....
- Duphaston contains a man-made form of the female hormone progesterone. Thus, it helps in regularising menses, decreasing premenstrual syndrome, preventing repeated miscarriages, and helping to conceive in infertility....
Interactions of Duphaston 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should not take Duphaston along with epilepsy medicines like phenobarbital, phenytoin, and carbamazepine.
- Avoid using it with medicines like rifampicin and rifabutin ( used in tuberculosis).
- You should not consume herbal preparations containing, e.g. St John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum), sage or ginkgo Biloba when taking the medicine.
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines like ritonavir, nelfinavir, nevirapine, and efavirenz (used in HIV).
- Some medicines may affect the way Duphaston tablet works, or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What else should I know before starting Duphaston?
Q: Can Duphaston prevent miscarriage?
Q: Does Duphaston cause constipation?
Q: Is Duphaston safe during pregnancy?
Q: Does Duphaston cause nausea?
Q: Does Duphaston stop periods?
Q: Does taking Duphaston delay periods?
Q: Can bleeding occur while taking Duphaston?
Q: What are the side effects of Duphaston?
Q: How long should I take Duphaston during pregnancy?
Q: Does Duphaston cause weight gain?
Q: Can Duphaston affect my fertility?
Q: Is Duphaston a hormone?
Q: How Duphaston works?
Q: How long does the effect of Duphaston stay?
Q: What is Duphaston used for?
Q: Is Duphaston used for abortion?
- Duphaston PI [Data on file]. Abbott 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]
- Dyhdrogesterone Tablet [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]
- Alcohol Use in Pregnancy [Internet]. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]
- Dydrogesterone use in early pregnancy [Internet]. Taylor & Francis. 2022 [cited 11 August 2022]