Omez 20mg Strip Of 15 Capsules
Omez 20 MG Description
Omez capsule is used to treat heartburn, stomach and intestinal ulcers. It contains omeprazole as an active ingredient. This capsule works by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. Thus
, also used for treating Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease. Omez should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. It should be taken without food. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and headache are some of the side effects of the Omez 20 capsule. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel your condition deteriorates, you should consult your doctor or visit the hospital.
- Omee 20mg Strip Of 20 CapsulesBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd20 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 64.29₹ 45.0038.19% CHEAPER₹ 2.25/Capsule
- Ocid 20mg Strip Of 20 CapsulesBy Zydus Healthcare Limited20 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 64.28₹ 54.6425% CHEAPER₹ 2.73/Capsule
Uses of Omez 20 MG
- Omez capsule is used in the treatment of heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach comes up to the food pipe and mouth.
- Treatment of ulcers of stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Omez 20 MG
- If you are allergic to omeprazole or any other ingredients of Omez capsule.
- If you are allergic to any medicines that are proton pump inhibitors (PPI) such as Esomeprazole, Pantoprazole, Rabeprazole and Lansoprazole.
- If you are on medications like nelfinavir, used to treat HIV infection.
Side effects of Omez 20 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Omez 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver.
- You notice abnormal weight loss.
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea.
- You have a family history of stomach cancer.
- You vomit food or blood or you are passing black stools.
- You have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine.
- You have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing.
- You are not expected to take the Omez capsule for a longer duration as there are several risks associated with that.
Mode of Action of Omez 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Omez 20 MG
- Omez capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken without food preferably in the morning.
Interactions of Omez 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Omez capsule may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled. ...
- Concomitant use of Omez capsule with nelfinavir and atazanavir used to treat HIV infection should be avoided. Concomitant use along with antifungals such as posaconazole and anticancer medicine like erlotinib should be avoided....
- There can be increased chances of getting side effects if you are taking a medicine containing digoxin used to treat heart failure along with Omez Capsule, especially in elderly patients.
- Other medicines like clopidogrel, cilostazol, phenytoin, saquinavir, tacrolimus, methotrexate, rifampicin, clarithromycin and voriconazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Omez 20 MG
- Store below 25°C, protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Omez 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is gastro-intestinal reflux disorder (GERD)?
Q: What is Zollinger-Ellison syndrome?
Q: Which medicines are used to treat acid reflux?
Q: What should I do if I experience heartburn and stomach pain frequently?
Q: What is Omez capsule used for?
Q: Can Omez capsule be taken before food?
Q: What are the side effects of Omez 20 mg?
Q: Can I take Omez 20 during pregnancy?
Q: When should I take my Omez tablet?
Q: Is Omez an antibiotic?
Q: How long does Omez take to work?
Q: Is Omez good for acidity?
Q: Can I take Omez at night before bed?
Q: Can omeprazole affect sleep?
Q: Can I take Omez cap twice a day?
Q: Can dialysis patient take Omez?
Q: Can Omez be taken daily?
Q: What should I inform the doctor about before starting the Omez capsule?
- Let your doctor know if you are on any medications or supplements currently. Also, share with him if you have any of the following:
- A personal/family history of stomach cancer, history of any infection, cirrhosis of the liver or any other critical medical condition.