Nupenta Iv 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nupenta 40 MG Description
Nupenta Iv 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection contains the active substance Pantoprazole that belongs to a group of medicines called "Proton pump inhibitor," medications that reduce the amount o
f acid produced in the stomach.
|You Save||₹8.30 (15% on MRP)|
Check more medicines with composition as Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg)
7 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Nupenta Iv 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection
- Pancoly 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For InjectionBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry VialMRP 49.72₹ 42.26₹
- Pantium Iv 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For InjectionBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry VialMRP 54.50₹ 46.32₹
- Pantin 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For InjectionBy Hetero Healthcare Limited1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry VialMRP 54.50₹ 54.50₹
- Pantop 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For InjectionBy Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd0.04g Powder For Injection in Dry VialMRP 55.36₹ 47.06₹
- Pan Iv 40mg Vial Of 0.04 Gm Powder For InjectionBy Alkem Laboratories Ltd0.04g Powder For Injection in VialMRP 55.32₹ 47.02₹
- Pantodac 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For InjectionBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry VialMRP 49.96₹ 49.96₹
- Pantocid 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For InjectionBy Sun Pharma1 Powder For Injection(s) in Dry VialMRP 55.30₹ 47.00₹
Uses of Nupenta 40 MG
- Treatment of heartburn, acid regurgitation (sensation of acid in your throat or mouth), pain while swallowing that is caused due to gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- In the treatment of reflux oesophagitis (inflammation of oesophagus with regurgitation of acid in the stomach)
- In adults, it is used to prevent small intestine and stomach ulcers that are caused by long term use of painkillers called NSAIDs, e.g., Ibuprofen
- To treat one or more tumors formed in pancreas or upper part of small intestine (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome)
Contraindications of Nupenta 40 MG
- You are allergic to Pantoprazole, or any other proton pump inhibitors
- If you are allergic to any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are on a medicine called Rilpivirine
Side effects of Nupenta 40 MG
- Injection site inflammation that forms clot or block in the vein (thrombophlebitis)
- Nausea (feeling sick)
- Polyps in stomach
- Bloating and flatulence
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain and discomfort
- Sleep disorders
- Skin rash, rash with fever, redness or inflamed skin, itchy skin
- Fracture of the hip, wrist or spine
- Lack of energy
Precautions and Warnings of Nupenta 40 MG
Can I take Nupenta Iv 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection during pregnancy?
A moderate amount of data indicates that the use of Nupenta Iv 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection in pregnant women does not affect the baby; however this medicine is preferred to be avoided during pregnancy. If you are pregnant, you should use this medicine only if your doctor considers the benefit for you are more significant than the potential risk to your unborn baby.
Can I take Nupenta Iv 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection while breastfeeding?
Nupenta Iv 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection can pass into breast milk. It is advised not to take medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nupenta Iv 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection?
Nupenta Iv 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection has a negligible influence on the ability to drive. If you experience side effects like dizziness or disturbed vision, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Nupenta Iv 40mg Dry Vial Of 1 Powder For Injection?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Pantoprazole does not affect the way this medicine works; however, you must avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver problems
- You are taking NSAIDs (painkillers)
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer
- You are taking medicines used to treat HIV
- You have low levels of vitamin B12 (like Cobalamin). This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after a long term use.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures
- If you are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same
- On exposure to sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment with Pantoprazole and inform your doctor as this may be a symptom of Subacute Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus (SCLE)
Mode of Action of Nupenta 40 MG
How Does It Work?
A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Pantoprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion. Therefore, it is used in conditions where there is excessive acidity....
Directions for Use of Nupenta 40 MG
- This medicine will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection
- Do not self inject this medicine
Interactions of Nupenta 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that are gastric pH dependent such as Itraconazole, Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- Medicines given in HIV or AIDS such as Atazanavir, Tenofovir
- Medicines used for thinning, or thickening of the blood like Warfarin and Phenprocoumon
- Medicines used for certain types of cancer such as Methotrexate
Interactions with food items
- There are no known interactions with food or beverages.
- However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Nupenta 40 MG
- Store below 25°C
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Nupenta 40 MG
Your doctor or nurse will give this injection; therefore, it is unlikley that you overdose on the medicine.
Missed a Dose
- Your doctor or nurse will monitor you about when the medicine should be given to you
- It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I get recurring acidity, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy, oily food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks, soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to aggravate acid reflux.
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake.
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.
Q: I have been given Pantoprazole for some months now, what should I watch for?
- This medicine will be given only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- If there is relief in your symptoms, your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use.
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly, and if needed, your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.