Laxof Sp Syrup 100ml
Laxof Sp 5 MG Description
Laxof Sp Syrup is used to provide relief from constipation. It contains a laxative known as sodium picosulfate as its active ingredient. Constipation occurs when the normal muscle action in the bowel
(large intestine) slows down, and the stools are not easily removed from the body. A laxative like Laxof Sp Syrup increases bowel movements, thereby helping to push out the stools. Eating a balanced diet, drinking enough water, exercising regularly, and making time to empty your bowels when your body tells you are some of the tips to be followed to try to prevent constipation. This syrup is not to be used in children below 12 years of age. Always take this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not take too much of this medicine or for too long. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
Uses of Laxof Sp 5 MG
Contraindications of Laxof Sp 5 MG
- If you are allergic to sodium picosulfate or any other ingredient of Laxof Sp Syrup.
- If you have dehydration.
- If you have a bowel condition called ileus (blockage in the intestine) or inflammatory bowel disease (inflammation of the digestive tract).
- If you have any kind of serious abdominal condition like appendicitis.
- You have stomach pain with nausea, vomiting and/or fever.
- You have inflammation of the bowel (small and large intestine).
Side effects of Laxof Sp 5 MG
- Stomach pain
- Stomach discomfort
- Stomach cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Laxof Sp 5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are under 12 years of age.
- You are taking this medicine for more than five days.
- You are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You drink alcohol or alcohol-containing beverages or medicines.
- You have any kind of liver disease or experience fits/seizures (epilepsy).
- You experience symptoms of allergy (rash, itching, swelling of your skin, mouth and face, difficulty swallowing) after taking this medicine.
- You develop symptoms of dehydration like thirst and production of less urine than normal.
- You feel dizzy or faint after using this medicine.
Mode of Action of Laxof Sp 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Laxof Sp 5 MG
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon, or a dropper for the exact quantity.
- Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
Interactions of Laxof Sp 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Laxof Sp Syrup works, or this Syrup itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- The use of diuretics (hydrochlorothiazide, furosemide, spironolactone) or adrenocorticosteroids (mineralocorticoids, glucocorticoids) with Laxof Sp Syrup may increase the risk of imbalance of salts in the body. ...
- Care should be taken when antibiotics are taken along with this Syrup as this may reduce the laxative effect of the syrup.
Storage and disposal of Laxof Sp 5 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Laxof Sp 5 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Laxof Sp Syrup help with weight loss?
Q: What are some healthy tips to try to prevent constipation?
Q: How long does it take for Laxof Sp Syrup to work?
Q: Will Laxof Sp Syrup also soften my stools?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Dulcolax Twelve Plus Pico Liquid - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Dulcolax Twelve Plus Pico Liquid - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Constipation Relief – Dulcolax® [Internet]. Dulcolax.com. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]