Aptirez Syrup 200ml
Aptirez Syrup 200ml Description
Aptirez Syrup is an appetite stimulant and is used for the treatment of loss of appetite. It contains cyproheptadine and tricholine. It works by inhibiting the action of a chemical substance called s
erotonin that acts as an appetite suppressant. Thus, increasing the hunger by constantly increasing the energy requirement. It promotes the desire to eat in undernourished and malnourished people. Aptirez Syrup should not be used in children below 1 year of age. Always shake the bottle well before consuming. Inform your doctor if you are on any other medicine or have medical conditions. If you experience any other undesired effects such as dizziness, sleepiness, dry mouth, altered coordination, confusion after consuming this medicine and if these symptoms get worse, reach out to your doctor.
Uses of Aptirez Syrup 200ml
Contraindications of Aptirez Syrup 200ml
- If you are allergic to cyproheptadine, tricholine or any other component of Aptirez Syrup.
- If you are using it for newborn or premature infants.
- If you have an eye condition such as glaucoma.
- If you have or had a stomach ulcer.
- If you have or had obstruction of stomach, intestine or bladder.
- If you have an active prostate disease.
Side effects of Aptirez Syrup 200ml
- Altered coordination
- Dryness of mouth, nose and throat
Precautions and Warnings of Aptirez Syrup 200ml
Other General Warnings
- You have a respiratory condition such as asthma.
- You have an eye condition such as increased ocular pressure.
- You have hyperthyroid (overactive thyroid), increased blood pressure, heart disease.
- You experience any side effect after taking Aptirez Syrup.
- Aptirez Syrup should not be used in children below 1 year of age.
Mode of Action of Aptirez Syrup 200ml
How Does It Work?
- Cyproheptadine acts by inhibiting the action of a chemical substance called serotonin in the body, which works as an appetite suppressant.
- Tricholine citrate removes bile acids from the body, thereby converting the fats into good cholesterol. Thus, lowering the cholesterol levels.
Directions for Use of Aptirez Syrup 200ml
- Take Aptirez Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Shake well before use. Do not consume it directly from the bottle.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Aptirez Syrup 200ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Concurrent use of medicines such as tranylcypromine, isocarboxazid, selegiline with Aptirez Syrup can increase the action of these medicines.
- Concurrent use of antipsychotic medicines such as zolpidem, alprazolam, diazepam with this Syrup should be done with caution.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Aptirez Syrup 200ml
- Store Aptirez Syrup below 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach and sight of children and pets.