Acarex 25mg Tablet
By INVISION MEDI SCIENCES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Acarex Tablet is a medicine used to control high blood sugar in patients with Type II diabetes. It contains acarbose as an active ingredient. It is used for patients where diet alone and other anti-diabetic medicines are not able to produce adequate blood sugar control. It works by inhibiting the action of certain chemicals which breaks down the complex carbohydrates and releases glucose in the blood. It helps in controlling the post-meal sugar spikes. Patients with diabetes should follow all the instructions, dietary recommendations, and exercise regimen suggested by your doctor while taking this medicine to achieve optimal blood sugar levels. Before initiating the treatment tell your doctor about your detailed medical history and all the medicines, supplements and herbals you are currently taking or might take....
1 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Acarex 25mg Tablet
Uses of Acarex 25 MG
For the management of high blood sugar in Type II diabetes.
Contraindications of Acarex 25 MG
- If you are allergic to acarbose or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have inflammation, ulcer, hernia or obstruction in any part of the intestine.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby.
- If you have kidney or liver-related disorder.
Side effects of Acarex 25 MG
- Accumulation of gas
- Abdominal pain
- Stomach related discomforts
- Feeling of fullness
Precautions and Warnings of Acarex 25 MG
Can I take Acarex Tablet during pregnancy?
Acarex Tablet should not be taken by a pregnant or expecting woman as there is no information available on its safety in human pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected while taking this medicine, inform your doctor immediately.
Can I take Acarex Tablet while breastfeeding?
A lactating woman should not take Acarex as it may pass into breast milk and produce undesirable effects in the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Acarex Tablet?
There is no information available about the influence of this medicine on driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Acarex Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine, As alcohol contains empty calories and can alter your blood sugar levels.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are experiencing low blood sugar after taking this medicine.
- The administration of certain antacids should be monitored while taking this medicine.
- You may develop liver problems while taking this medicine, regular monitoring of liver enzymes is recommended.
Mode of Action of Acarex 25 MG
How Does It Work?
Acarex Tablet works by reducing or slowing down the action of certain enzymes in the intestine. This slows down the breakdown of carbohydrates and release of glucose in the bloodstream thereby reducing sugar spikes....
Directions for Use of Acarex 25 MG
Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably after the first meal.
Interactions of Acarex 25 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way this medicine works or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking anti-diabetic medicines like insulin, metformin and glimepiride as it can lead to an excessive drop in blood glucose and symptoms need to be monitored.
- Medicines containing digestive enzymes and absorbents can reduce the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Other medicines that are used to lower blood cholesterol and medicines used for heart diseases like nifedipine and digoxin should be used cautiously.
Interactions with food items
Sucrose (cane sugar) and foods containing sucrose should be avoided with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Acarex 25 MG
Store at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Acarex 25 MG
Symptoms of an overdose may include accumulation of gas in the stomach and diarrhoea. If you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember it and then take the next dose at the right time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: When should I take this medicine?
A: You should take this medicine preferably before a meal or your first meal of the day.
Q: Is this medicine effective for weight loss?
A: No, this medicine does not help in losing weight, and it should only be used for the treatment of diabetes.
Q: What should I do if I experience sudden drop in blood sugar after taking this medicine?
A: You should take glucose if you experience hypoglycemia while taking this medicine. Complex carbohydrates and sucrose should be avoided as acarbose can delay the absorption of complex sugars.
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.