Vinnerve Forte Injection
Vinnerve Forte Injection Description
Vinnerve Forte Injection is used in vitamin B12 deficiency, anaemia and a painful nerve disease called peripheral neuropathy. It contains mecobalamin or methylcobalamin also known as vitamin B12. It
helps in red blood cell formation, cell metabolism, nerve function and the production of DNA. This medicine will be given in the hospital by your doctor or nurse as an injection. Do not self-inject it. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Vinnerve Forte Injection.
Uses of Vinnerve Forte Injection
Contraindications of Vinnerve Forte Injection
- If you are allergic to Mecobalamin or any other ingredients of Vinnerve Forte Injection.
- If you are suffering from any type of kidney disease.
- If you have or have ever had Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (slow, painless loss of vision, first in one eye and then in the other eye).
Side effects of Vinnerve Forte Injection
- Pain and swelling at injection site
- Skin rash
- Muscle cramps
- Difficulty in breathing
Precautions and Warnings of Vinnerve Forte Injection
Other General Warnings
- You have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following any complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You have an eye disorder called Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (slow and painless loss of vision).
- You consume alcohol in excess regularly, your doctor may monitor your vitamin B12 levels to check the progress of treatment.
- You develop an allergic reaction after taking the Vinnerve Forte Injection.
Mode of Action of Vinnerve Forte Injection
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Vinnerve Forte Injection
- Vinnerve Forte Injection will be given to you as an injection by a doctor or nurse in a hospital or clinic.
- Be careful of any instruction given during the administration and aftercare. Do not self inject.
Interactions of Vinnerve Forte Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines like Aminosalicylic acid, Chloramphenicol, Colchicine, histamine-2 antagonists, Neomycin and proton pump inhibitors (e.g. Pantoprazole) can decrease the absorption of Mecobalamin.
- Oral contraceptives can decrease the action of Mecobalamin by reducing its concentration in the body.
- Folic acid when taken in a larger dose for a prolonged duration can impair the therapeutic response of Mecobalamin.
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparation and supplements to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Vinnerve Forte Injection
- Store Vinnerve Forte Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
- Do not keep the medicine when it is no longer needed or expired.
Dosage of Vinnerve Forte Injection
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the difference between Mecobalamin and Methylcobalamin?
Q: Is Vinnerve Forte Injection OTC medicine?
Q: What is the dosage of Vinnerve Forte Injection?
- Mecobalamin: Indication, Dosage, Side Effect, Precaution | MIMS Malaysia [Internet]. Mims.com. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Topics H. Cyanocobalamin: MedlinePlus [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Cyanocobalamin (Intramuscular Route) Description and Brand Names - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- CDSCO - Methylcobalamine [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]