Spinobak 20mg Tablet
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Spinobak 20 MG Description
Spinobak Tablet is a muscle relaxant medicine. It is used to reduce symptoms of muscle spasticity (a condition in which your muscles stiffen or tighten) due to any disease or injury of the brain or s
pinal cord, etc. It contains baclofen as its active ingredient. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It should be taken with food. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the known medication and medical history.
|Side effects||Sleepiness, dizziness, headache, nausea|
Check more medicines with composition as Baclofen(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Spinobak 20 MG
Spinobak Tablet is used in treating the symptoms of muscle spasticity (stiffness and tightness) that may be due to multiple sclerosis (a disease affecting the brain or spinal cord), any injury of the brain or spine, any diseases of the spinal cord, etc....
Contraindications of Spinobak 20 MG
- If you are allergic to baclofen or any other ingredients of the Spinobak Tablet.
- If you had a stomach ulcer.
Side effects of Spinobak 20 MG
- Dry mouth
- Muscle pain
Precautions and Warnings of Spinobak 20 MG
Can I take Spinobak Tablet during pregnancy?
A pregnant mother should take Spinobak Tablet only under a doctor's supervision or if prescribed by your doctor. Refrain from self-medication.
Can I take Spinobak Tablet while breastfeeding?
A component of Spinobak Tablet passes into human milk but in small amounts. When taken in normal doses, it may not harm the baby. However, consult your doctor before using this medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Spinobak Tablet?
Spinobak Tablet may make you dizzy, feel sleepy and cause you some visual problems. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to stay alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Spinobak Tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine, as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have had a stroke in the past.
- You have problems passing urine.
- You have any issues with your mental health.
- You are a pregnant woman or breastfeeding mother.
- You suffer from diabetes, fits or Parkinson’s disease or any other pre-existing medical condition.
- You have any kind of heart, liver or kidney disorder.
- You have high blood pressure and are being treated for it.
- You have a history of any drug abuse or being dependent on it.
- Spinobak Tablet is not recommended for children who weigh less than 33 kgs.
Mode of Action of Spinobak 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Baclofen in Spinobak Tablet works by reducing or blocking the activity of certain nerves within a part of the brain that controls the contraction and relaxation of muscles, improving the movement of muscles and helping them relax....
Directions for Use of Spinobak 20 MG
- Spinobak Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Spinobak 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes Spinobak Tablet may affect the way other medicines work or other medicines may affect how this Tablet works if taken at the same time. You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations or supplements to avoid any interaction....
- In particular, if you are already taking any other muscle relaxant medicines, anti-hypertensive medicines, medicines for anti-Parkinson's disease, anti-epileptic medicines, etc.
- Other medicines like morphine (used to treat severe pain) must be used with caution, as it may cause a decrease in your blood pressure.
- Concomitant use of medicines like lithium, amitriptyline used to treat mental health may increase the effect of this medicine leading to weak muscle tone.
Storage and disposal of Spinobak 20 MG
- Spinobak Tablet should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired medicines. Discard off the unused medicine appropriately. Do not flush the medicine into the sink.
Dosage of Spinobak 20 MG
- Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, sleepiness, unconsciousness, confusion, hallucination, shortness of breath, shakiness, etc.
- Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or have consumed an excessive amount of Spinobak Tablets.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Spinobak Tablet a painkiller?
A: No, it is a muscle relaxant that is used to reduce and relieve muscle spasms (a condition in which your muscles stiffen or tighten) occurring in various diseases or injuries.
Q: Can Spinobak Tablet make me sleepy?
A: Yes, this medicine may cause sleepiness or drowsiness as a side effect. It is advised to be cautious or avoid driving while on this medicine.
Q: What is Spinobak Tablet used for?
A: Spinobak Tablet is used to treat muscle spasms caused due to various conditions or injuries. It is a condition where your muscle stiffens or tightens.
- Lioresal Tablets 10mg - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- Lioresal Tablets 10mg - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 29 April 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed