Saltum 375mg Tablet
Saltum 375 MG Description
Saltum 375mg Tablet contains a combination of Ampicillin and Sulbactam, also known as Sultamicillin. It is an antibiotic used to treat bacterial infections of the lungs, airways, throat, and skin cau
sed by various susceptible strains of bacteria. Saltum 375mg Tablet belongs to the penicillin class of antibiotic. It inhibits the formation of the cell wall and kills the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Take this tablet as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. The common side effects of Saltum 375mg Tablet is diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. If you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens, contact your doctor immediately. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
|You Save||₹61.80 (15% on MRP)|
Uses of Saltum 375 MG
Contraindications of Saltum 375 MG
Side effects of Saltum 375 MG
- Abdominal pain
- Skin irritation
- Fungal infection
Precautions and Warnings of Saltum 375 MG
Other General Warnings
- You had an allergic reaction after taking any antibiotic.
- You experience any other effect after taking Saltum 375mg Tablet.
- You have any liver, kidney or blood disease.
- You experience fungal infection after taking Saltum 375mg Tablet.
Mode of Action of Saltum 375 MG
How Does It Work?
- Saltum 375mg Tablet contains two components, Sulbactam and Ampicillin.
- Ampicillin is an antibiotic which inhibits the formation of bacterial cell wall resulting in bacterial death.
- Sulbactam irreversibly inhibits a chemical substance β-lactamase produced by bacterial cells, which decreases the antibiotic activity. Thus, Sulbactam prevents the reduction of ampicillin activity when used in combination....
Directions for Use of Saltum 375 MG
Interactions of Saltum 375 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Concurrent use of allopurinol (uric acid lowering medicine) and Saltum 375mg Tablet increases the incidence of rash.
- Saltum 375mg Tablet can alter the effect of blood-thinning medicine such as warfarin.
- Other antibiotics such as chloramphenicol, erythromycin, sulfonamides and tetracyclines can interfere with the action of Saltum 375mg Tablet when co-administered.
- Saltum 375mg Tablet can decrease the effectiveness of oral contraceptive medicine.
- The effect of immunosuppressive medicines such as methotrexate, leucovorin increases when used concomitantly with Saltum 375mg Tablet. Thus, close monitoring must be needed.
- The effect of medicines used to treat gout such as probenecid increases with Saltum 375mg Tablet.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicine, herbal preparation and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Saltum 375 MG
- Store at temperature below 30°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Saltum 375 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Saltum 375mg Tablet when I feel better?
Q: Can the use of Saltum 375mg Tablet cause diarrhoea?
- Yes, the use of Saltum 375mg Tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect. However, not everyone gets them.
- It is an antibiotic which kills both good and bad bacteria when good bacteria present in intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it....