Sahcef 1gm Injection
Sahcef 1 GM Description
Sahcef Injection is an antibiotic medicine. It is used in the treatment of bacterial infections of the respiratory tract, skin & soft tissues, stomach & intestines, urinary tract, etc. It is also use
in meningitis (inflammation of meninges that cover the brain and spinal cord). It contains ceftazidime, which belongs to the antibiotic class of medicine.
Uses of Sahcef 1 GM
Contraindications of Sahcef 1 GM
- If you are allergic to ceftazidime, any other cephalosporins or any other ingredients of Sahcef Injection.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reaction to any other antibiotics like penicillins.
Side effects of Sahcef 1 GM
- Injection site reactions
- Skin rash
- Swelling/redness in veins
Precautions and Warnings of Sahcef 1 GM
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of allergy to penicillins or any medicines.
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking this medicine.
- You are suffering from diarrhoea due to this medicine.
- You should let the doctor, or the laboratory person know that you are using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with certain lab tests.
Mode of Action of Sahcef 1 GM
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sahcef 1 GM
- Sahcef Injection will be given to you in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by doctor or nurse during the procedure or for after care.
Interactions of Sahcef 1 GM
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Sahcef Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking antibiotics, water pills, oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Sahcef 1 GM
- Store Sahcef Injection in a clean & dry place away from direct heat, moisture & sunlight.
- Keep away from children.
Dosage of Sahcef 1 GM
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Sahcef Injection?
Q: What is the composition of Sahcef Injection?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Drugs H. Ceftazidime Injection: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- FORTAZ® (ceftazidime for injection) USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Ceftazidime 1g Powder for Solution for Injection or Infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]
- Ceftazidime 1g Powder for Solution for Injection or Infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 June 2022]