Safexin 125mg Dry Syp 40ml
By SAGA LABORATORIES
40ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Safexin Dry Syrup is an antibiotic and is used for the treatment of different types of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, sinuses (such as sinusitis), throat (tonsillitis), chest and lungs (such a
s bronchitis, pneumonia), urinary system (such as bladder and kidney infections). It contains cephalexin (or cefalexin) as its active ingredient. Safexin Dry Syrup is designed to be used only by children. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child....
Uses of Safexin 125mg Dry Syp 40ml
Safexin Dry Syrup is used for the treatment of various types of bacterial infections of the nose, ear, throat, chest, lungs, kidney, skin and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Safexin 125mg Dry Syp 40ml
- If your child is allergic to cephalexin or any other ingredients of Safexin Dry Syrup.
- If your child is allergic to a similar class of antibiotics called cephalosporins.
- If your child is suffering from a hereditary condition called porphyria.
Side effects of Safexin 125mg Dry Syp 40ml
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Safexin 125mg Dry Syp 40ml
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child develops an allergic reaction after taking Safexin Dry Syrup, immediately contact your doctor.
- Your child has heart, liver or kidney problems.
- Your child develops bloody diarrhoea or mucous in diarrhoea after taking this medicine.
- Safexin Dry Syrup should be taken only on your doctor’s prescription and complete the course of the medicine. Discontinuing the medicine in between treatment may lead to the bacteria becoming resistant to this medicine....Read more
Mode of Action of Safexin 125mg Dry Syp 40ml
How Does It Work?
Cephalexin in Safexin Dry Syrup works by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall, which ultimately leads to the death of bacteria.
Directions for Use of Safexin 125mg Dry Syp 40ml
- Take Safexin Dry Syrup as instructed by your doctor.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- For reconstitution, add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle or as suggested by the doctor.
- Shake it well before use.
- Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Interactions of Safexin 125mg Dry Syp 40ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Safexin Dry Syrup works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals your child is currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if your child is taking medicines used to treat cancer, gout (Probenecid), water tablets (ethacrynic acid, furosemide), diabetes (metformin), or other antibiotics.
- Safexin Dry Syrup should not be concomitantly used with medicine like clindamycin, doxycycline to treat your child's bacterial infection.
- Medicines used to thin your blood like warfarin should be used with caution along with Safexin Dry Syrup as it may increase bleeding.
- You should let the doctor or the laboratory person know that your child is using this medicine while going for a lab test, as this medicine may interfere with the lab tests.
Storage and disposal of Safexin 125mg Dry Syp 40ml
- Safexin Dry Syrup should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
Dosage of Safexin 125mg Dry Syp 40ml
Symptoms of an overdose may include nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, diarrhoea and blood in the urine. Seek urgent medical help if you notice any of the symptoms in your child or feel your child
has taken Safexin Dry Syrup in excess....
Missed a Dose
In case your child has missed any dose of Safexin Dry Syrup, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compen
sate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Safexin Dry Syrup?
A: Safexin Dry Syrup is used in the treatment of various types of bacterial infections of the nose, ear, throat, chest, lungs, kidney, skin and urinary tract.
Q: How to take Safexin Dry Syrup?
A: Safexin Dry Syrup should be taken as instructed by your doctor. Shake it well before taking it. For reconstitution, add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle or as suggested by the doctor. Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity.
Q: Is Safexin Dry Syrup an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Safexin Dry Syrup is an antibiotic.
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 02:16 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved