Roxin 100mcg Tablet
By MARC PHARMA
100 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Roxin 100 MCG Description
Roxin Tablet is used for the treatment of hypothyroidism. It contains levothyroxine as its active component. Levothyroxine is a synthetic form of the thyroid hormone thyroxine produced by the thyroid
gland. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland stops producing sufficient thyroid hormones. Take Roxin in the morning and as advised by your doctor. This medicine should be taken without food, preferably after waking up. The dose and the duration should be strictly followed as recommended by the doctor.
|You Save||₹17.63 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Thyroxine / Levothyroxine Sodium(100.0 Mcg)|
|Side effects||Increased appetite, hair loss, weight variations, headache, vomiting|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR HYPOTHYROIDISM|
Check more medicines with composition as Thyroxine / Levothyroxine Sodium(100.0 Mcg)
Uses of Roxin 100 MCG
For the treatment of Hypothyroidism (reduced levels of thyroid hormone).
Contraindications of Roxin 100 MCG
- If you are allergic to levothyroxine or any ingredients used in Roxin Tablet.
- If you have any disorders that are related to the adrenal glands.
- If you have a condition of Thyrotoxicosis (excess of thyroid hormone in the bloodstream).
Side effects of Roxin 100 MCG
- Increased appetite
- Hair loss
- Weight variations
- Changes in the menstrual cycle
- Sensitivity to heat
- Mood swings
Precautions and Warnings of Roxin 100 MCG
Can I take Roxin Tablet during pregnancy?
- Roxin Tablet can be taken during pregnancy. A pregnant woman might require a higher dose of this particular medicine. If hypothyroidism is detected in between pregnancies, it is important to immediately start the treatment with thyroxine after consulting your doctor....
- Low levels of thyroid hormone in the mother can lead to birth defects in the baby or can even cause missed pregnancy. Regular monitoring of TSH levels is recommended.
Can I take Roxin Tablet while breastfeeding?
Roxin Tablet is safe to be used in lactating women. Milk production in women with hypothyroidism sometimes gets affected due to low levels of thyroxine as thyroxine plays a crucial role in the production of milk and breast development.
Can I drive if I have consumed Roxin Tablet?
You can drive after consuming Roxin Tablet. It does not impair your driving abilities.
Can I consume alcohol with Roxin Tablet?
Alcohol consumption may alter the effect of the medicine. Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Roxin Tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly patient (more than 50 years of age) and have existing heart disorders.
- You have a hormone-related disorder called Panhypopituitarism.
- You come across heart-related disorders such as high blood pressure, angina, heart failure, irregular heart rhythm, etc.
- Care is required for patients with diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus and epilepsy or seizures.
- Children may experience hair loss after initiation of the therapy with Roxin Tablet which is usually reversible.
- Special care should be provided while giving Roxin Tablet to children with low birth weight and who are premature.
Mode of Action of Roxin 100 MCG
How Does It Work?
Thyroid hormone plays a crucial role in metabolism and much physiological activity such as digestion, brain development, heart and muscle function. In Hypothyroidism, your body is unable to produce sufficient thyroid hormone and maintain optimal physiological functions. Levothyroxine provides an adequate amount of thyroid hormone by acting as a substitute for the naturally produced thyroid hormone....
Directions for Use of Roxin 100 MCG
- Take Roxin Tablet on an empty stomach.
- Consume this medicine as a whole with an adequate amount of water.
Interactions of Roxin 100 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Roxin Tablet or Roxin itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Always keep in touch with your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are going through for any disorder....
- In particular, if you are taking certain medications like antipsychotic medicines, anti-epileptic medicines like Phenytoin, oral contraceptives, etc.
- Dose adjustment of anti-diabetic medicines, blood thinners and medicines used for treating heart failure is required on the simultaneous use of Roxin Tablet. Inform your doctor if you are taking any medicines from this class....
- Antacids, anti-ulcer medicines, iron preparations and other preparations used to reduce cholesterol levels such as Cholestyramine should be used with a minimum gap of 4 - 5 hours with Roxin Tablet.
Interactions with food items
Grapefruit juice, soybean flour, fibre-rich food, walnuts and cottonseed meal can lower the effect of this medication. Thus, it should not be consumed when taking Roxin Tablet.
Dosage of Roxin 100 MCG
The symptoms of an overdose of Roxin Tablet include fever, chest pain, irregular heartbeats, headache, muscle cramps, anxiety, sweating, diarrhoea, sleeplessness, etc. If you think you have consumed too much of this medicine, contact your doctor as soon as possible or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you can. If it is time for your next dose, skip the dose that has been missed and continue with your regular schedule. Do not consume a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Roxin Tablet to lose weight?
A: No, this medicine is not a weight loss medication. This medicine should strictly be used if it is prescribed by a physician for thyroid-related disorders. Do not self-medicate or use it for any other ailments other than what it is prescribed for.
Q: When should I take Roxin?
A: Roxin Tablet should preferably be taken one hour before your first meal or breakfast.
Q: Can I stop Roxin?
A: No, you should never stop taking Roxin, without consulting a doctor. You must take it for as long as the doctor recommends. It is usually prescribed for a long duration. If stop taking this medicine suddenly your symptoms are likely to come back.
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Eltroxin 100mcg tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- LEVO-T [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
- Levothyroxine [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 13 May 2022]
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed