Rabemac Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
By MACLEODS PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rabemac-DSR Capsule is an anti-reflux medicine that is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). This medicine is a combination of two active ingredients Rabeprazole and Domperidone, that work by reducing the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes back up to food pipe and causes heartburn, belching, nausea and chest pain. Rabemac-DSR works by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves the mortality in the gut. Thus, it helps in neutralizing the acid and helps in relieving stomach discomfort.
Uses of Rabemac Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Rabemac-DSR Capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort and acidity.
Contraindications of Rabemac Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of heart muscle (QT prolongation)
- If you are suffering from bleeding in the digestive system
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney disorder
- If you have serious heart problems like congestive heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours)
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding
Side effects of Rabemac Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Lack of energy
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Back pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rabemac Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take Rabemac-DSR Capsule during pregnancy?
Rabemac-DSR Capsule should not be used in pregnancy as components of this medicine might harm your unborn baby. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Can I take Rabemac-DSR Capsule while breastfeeding?
Rabemac-DSR Capsule passes into breast milk in small amounts and might affect your baby. Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding, after assessing the benefits over risks your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rabemac-DSR Capsule?
If you experience drowsiness and visual disturbances after taking Rabemac-DSR capsule, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Rabemac-DSR Capsule?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Rabemac-DSR capsule does not affect the way it works. However, you should avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking Rabemac-DSR capsule
- You experience black stools
- You have a stomach tumour
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness
- You are on Rabemac-DSR capsules for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun exposed area after taking this medicine
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV
- You should not give this medicine to children of 12 years and below.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- Taking Rabemac-DSR capsules for more than one year may increase chances of developing bone fractures.
Mode of Action of Rabemac Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- This medicine is a combination of two active ingredients Rabeprazole and Domperidone.
- Rabeprazole belongs to the class of medicines called the proton pump inhibitors. The lining of the stomach secretes acid by certain processes that involves intake of ions via proton pump in the cells. Rabeprazole reduces the intake of the ions in the stomach cells that are necessary for the production of digestive acids in the stomach, and hence leads to reduced acid production.Read less
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rabemac Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Rabemac-DSR capsule should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water (and should not be chewed or crushed), preferably in the morning before food.
Interactions of Rabemac Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Rabemac-DSR Capsule with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Omeprazole and Domperidone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.Read less
- Never take these medicines along with Rabemac-DSR Capsule: Disopyramide, Amiodarone, medicines for mental problems haloperidol, Citalopram, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Levofloxacin, Azithromycin, antifungals like Pentamidine, Ketoconazole and other medicines like Cisapride, Dolasetron, Mequitazine, Rilpivirine etc.Read less
- This medicine interferes with the action of antiviral medicines like Rilpivirine, Atazanavir and Nelfinavir and antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam, Phenytoin.
- If you are taking Warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Interactions with food items
- Rabemac-DSR capsule should preferably be taken on an empty stomach.
- There are no known interactions with food or beverages.
- However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process.
Storage and disposal of Rabemac Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store Rabemac-DSR capsule below 25°C, protected from moisture and light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Rabemac Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Symptoms of overdose include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Rabemac-DSR capsule take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from liver problem. Is Rabemac-DSR capsule safe for me?
A: Tell your doctor if you are having any kind of liver or kidney problem. The doctor may suggest you an alternative.
Q: I get acidity quite often, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy, oily and packed food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks or soda.
- Some medicines are known to increase the acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, ibuorofen. You should avoid using these for long duration.
Q: I have been taking this medicine for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take Rabemac-DSR capsules only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow up , where your doctor may reduce it's dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use.
- You need to cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiences.
Q: For how many days should I take Rabemac-DSR capsule?
A: Your doctor will decide the frequency and duration of the treatment with Rabemac-DSR capsule after accessing your condition. You should not stop taking this medicine before the treatment is complete neither you should take it for too long.
Q: What is the use of Rabemac-DSR Capsule?
A: Rabemac-DSR capsule is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD).
Q: When to take Rabemac-DSR capsule after food or before?
A: Rabemac-DSR Capsule should normally be taken before food (on an empty stomach), preferably in the morning.
Q: Is Pan-D and Rabemac-DSR capsules, composition the same?
A: No, Rabemac-DSR capsule is a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone, whereas Pan-D capsule contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Both of these medicines are used for the treatment of stomach acid reflux disease. Your doctor will decide which one to prescribe you after assessing your health condition and prescribe you with medicine depending upon underlying disease, the severity of disease and other parameters.
Q: Is Rabemac DSR capsule an antibiotic?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Rabemac-DSR capsules on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Rabemac-DSR capsules until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine in between the treatment, it may not completely cure your condition and can lead to reoccurrence.
Q: Is Rabemac-DSR Capsule habit-forming?
A: No, Rabemac-DSR Capsule is not habit-forming.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 29 Jun 2021 | 11:13 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved