Rabekind Dsr Capsule
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rabekind-DSR capsule is an anti-reflux medicine that is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes back up to the food pipe and caus
es heartburn, belching, nausea and chest pain. It is a combination medicine containing rabeprazole and domperidone. It works by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach and improves the mortality in the gut, thus reducing the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. You may experience few side effects such as headache, diarrhoea, stomach pain after taking Rabekind-DSR capsules. Mostly these side effects are temporary but contact your doctor immediately if you feel the side effects persist or your condition worsens. Before using the Rabekind-DSR capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Rabekind Dsr Capsule
Rabekind-DSR capsule is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease. This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort an
Contraindications of Rabekind Dsr Capsule
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole, domperidone or any of the ingredients of Rabekind-DSR capsule.
- If you are suffering from any liver or kidney problems.
- If you have serious heart problems like heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are suffering from bleeding in your digestive system.
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rabekind Dsr Capsule
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rabekind Dsr Capsule
Can I take Rabekind-DSR capsule during pregnancy?
Rabekind-DSR capsule should not be used in pregnancy as there is limited safety information available. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Rabekind-DSR capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of the Rabekind-DSR capsule pass into breast milk in small amounts thus consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over risks your doctor might change the medicine, ask you to stop breastfeeding or closely monitor the baby for any side effects.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rabekind-DSR capsule?
If you experience drowsiness and visual disturbances after taking Rabekind-DSR capsule, it is advised not to drive or use machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Rabekind-DSR capsule?
Consuming alcohol while on treatment with the Rabekind-DSR capsule does not affect the way it works. However, you should avoid drinking alcohol in excess as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver and kidney.
- You have heart problems and experience symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking Rabekind-DSR capsules.
- You notice black or dark stools.
- You have a stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV infection like ritonavir.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this capsule.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This capsule is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- You are on the Rabekind-DSR capsule for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking Rabekind-DSR capsules for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Rabekind-DSR capsules are not recommended for use in children of 12 years and below.
Mode of Action of Rabekind Dsr Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Rabekind-DSR capsule works by the combined effect of Rabeprazole and Domperidone.
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rabekind Dsr Capsule
Rabekind-DSR capsule should be taken exactly as directed by the doctor. It should be swallowed whole with a glass of water (and should not be chewed or crushed), preferably in the morning before food.
It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Rabekind Dsr Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Rabekind-DSR capsule with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Omeprazole and Domperidone, any interactions seen with thesetwo components when taken alone may occur with this combination....Read more
- Never take these medicines along with Rabekind-DSR Capsule: Disopyramide, Amiodarone, medicines for mental problems haloperidol, Citalopram, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Levofloxacin, Azithromycin,antifungals like Pentamidine, Ketoconazole and other medicines like Cisapride, Dolasetron, Mequitazine, Rilpivirine, etc....Read more
- This medicine interferes with the action of antiviral medicines like Rilpivirine, Atazanavir and Nelfinavir and antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam, Phenytoin.
- If you are taking Warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Interactions with food items
Rabekind-DSR capsule should preferably be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increa
se stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process as well....
Storage and disposal of Rabekind Dsr Capsule
Store Rabekind-DSR capsules in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the t
oilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Rabekind Dsr Capsule
Symptoms of overdose include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc. Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you think you experience any of these sy
mptoms or think you may have taken too much of Rabekind-DSR capsules....
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of Rabekind-DSR capsule take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from liver problem. Is Rabekind-DSR capsule safe for me?
A: Tell your doctor if you are having any kind of liver or kidney problem. The doctor may suggest an alternative.
Q: What needs to be done to avoid acidity?
- Avoid spicy, oily and packed food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks or soda.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.
Q: I have been taking Rabekind-DSR capsules for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take Rabekind-DSR capsule only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long-term use.
- You need to cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: For how long should I take the Rabekind-DSR capsule?
A: Your doctor will decide the frequency and duration of the treatment with Rabekind-DSR capsule after accessing your condition. You should not stop taking this medicine before the treatment is complete neither you should take it for too long.
Q: What is Rabekind-DSR capsule used for?
A: Rabekind-DSR capsule is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD).
Q: When to take Rabekind DSR capsule before or after food?
A: Rabekind DSR capsule should normally be taken before food (on an empty stomach), preferably in the morning.
Q: Is Pan-D and Rabekind-DSR capsules composition the same?
A: No, Rabekind-DSR capsule is a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone, whereas Pan-D capsule contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Both of these medicines are used for the treatment of stomach acid reflux disease. Your doctor will decide which one to prescribe you after assessing your health condition and prescribe you with medicine depending upon underlying disease, the severity of disease and other parameters.
Q: Is Rabekind DSR capsule an antibiotic?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Rabekind-DSR capsule on my own?
A: No, you should never stop taking Rabekind-DSR capsule until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking this medicine in between the treatment, it may not completely cure your condition and can lead to reoccurrence.
- CDSCO - Rabeprazole + Domperidone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 1 August 2021]
- RABICIP D Capsules (Rabeprazole sodium + Domperidone) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 1 August 2021]
- Domperidone Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 August 2021]
- Domperidone Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 August 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 August 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 1 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Aug 2021 | 07:33 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved