Rabekind Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Rabekind Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules Description
Rabekind-DSR capsule is an anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). GERD is a condition in which acid from the stomach comes back up to the food pipe and caus
es heartburn, belching, nausea and chest pain. Rabekind DSR is a combination medicine containing rabeprazole and domperidone. It works by decreasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. Thereby improving the mortality in the gut, thus reducing the backflow of stomach content to the food pipe. Take Rabekind DSR at least 30min before breakfast. This capsule should not be used in children below 12 years of age. Before using the Rabekind DSR capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹14.03 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg) + Domperidone(30.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, heartburn, GERD|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
Uses of Rabekind Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Contraindications of Rabekind Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole, domperidone or any of the ingredients of Rabekind-DSR capsule.
- If you are suffering from any liver or kidney problems.
- If you have serious heart problems like heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are suffering from bleeding in your digestive system.
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rabekind Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Rabekind Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You have problems with your liver and kidney.
- You have heart problems and experience symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking Rabekind-DSR capsules.
- You notice black or dark stools.
- You have a stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV infection like ritonavir.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this capsule.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This capsule is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- You are on the Rabekind-DSR capsule for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking Rabekind-DSR capsules for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Rabekind-DSR capsules are not recommended for use in children of 12 years and below.
Mode of Action of Rabekind Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Rabekind-DSR capsule works by the combined effect of Rabeprazole and Domperidone.
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rabekind Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions of Rabekind Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Rabekind-DSR capsule with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains rabeprazole and Domperidone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Never take these medicines along with Rabekind-DSR Capsule: Disopyramide, Amiodarone, medicines for mental problems haloperidol, Citalopram, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Levofloxacin, Azithromycin, antifungals like Pentamidine, Ketoconazole and other medicines like Cisapride, Dolasetron, Mequitazine, Rilpivirine, etc....
- This medicine interferes with the action of antiviral medicines like Rilpivirine, Atazanavir and Nelfinavir and antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam, Phenytoin.
- If you are taking Warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Rabekind Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store Rabekind-DSR capsules in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Rabekind Dsr Strip Of 10 Capsules
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from liver problem. Is Rabekind-DSR capsule safe for me?
Q: What needs to be done to avoid acidity?
- Avoid spicy, oily and packed food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks or soda.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.
Q: I have been taking Rabekind-DSR capsules for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take Rabekind-DSR capsule only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor. If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long-term use.
- You need to cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly and if need be your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: For how long should I take the Rabekind-DSR capsule?
Q: What is Rabekind-DSR capsule used for?
Q: When to take Rabekind DSR capsule before or after food?
Q: Is Pan-D and Rabekind-DSR capsules composition the same?
Q: Is Rabekind DSR capsule an antibiotic?
Q: Can I stop taking Rabekind-DSR capsule on my own?
Q: Can I take Rabekind-DSR capsule for gastric bleeding?
Q: Does Rabekind-DSR capsule cause dryness of mouth?
Q: What is the content present in Rabikind Dsr?
Q: Can I take Rabekind DSR for vomiting?
- CDSCO - Rabeprazole + Domperidone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 14 April 2022]
- RABICIP D Capsules (Rabeprazole sodium + Domperidone) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2022 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Domperidone Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Domperidone Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 April 2022]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 April 2022]