Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 Capsules
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
15 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rabium DSR capsule is an anti-reflux medicine used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), which does not respond to rabeprazole medication alone. GERD occurs because of acid reflux (burning
pain or discomfort in the chest). Rabium DSR capsule contains rabeprazole and domperidone. Rabeprazole reduces the production of digestive acids in the stomach and leads to reduced acid production. Domperidone increases the motility in the stomach and intestines thus acid does not reflux back into the food pipe. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Take the capsule an hour before the meal. Some common side effects of Rabium DSR capsules are headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, dizziness, but not everybody gets them. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel the side effects persist, you should consult your doctor. Before using Rabium DSR capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 Capsules
Rabium-DSR capsule is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD). This condition leads to acid regurgitating from the stomach into the food pipe, causing heartburn, chest discomfort and acid
Contraindications of Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 Capsules
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredients of Rabium-DSR capsule.
- If you are suffering from any liver or kidney problems.
- If you have serious heart problems like heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte imbalance.
- If you are taking any medicine which might affect the contraction of the heart muscle (QT prolongation).
- If you are suffering from bleeding in your digestive system.
- If you have any tumor of the pituitary gland (Prolactin pituitary tumours).
- If you are pregnant, think you may be or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 Capsules
- Stomach pain
- Back pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 Capsules
Can I take the Rabium-DSR capsule during pregnancy?
Rabium-DSR capsules should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited safety data available. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby before starting this medicine.
Can I take a Rabium-DSR capsule while breastfeeding?
Components of the Rabium-DSR capsule pass into breast milk in small amounts, thus consult the doctor if you are breastfeeding. After assessing the benefits over risks the doctor might change the medicine, ask to stop breastfeeding or monitor the baby for the side effects.
Can I drive after consuming the Rabium-DSR capsule?
You experience drowsiness and vision disturbances after taking the Rabium-DSR capsule, avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol while taking the Rabium-DSR capsule?
Consuming alcohol while on treatment with the Rabium-DSR capsule does not affect the way it works. Avoid drinking alcohol in excess as it increases acidity and makes the acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You suffer from liver and kidney problems.
- You suffer from problems and experience symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You suffer from watery diarrhoea, fever after taking Rabium-DSR capsules.
- You notice black or dark stools.
- You suffer from a stomach tumour.
- You suffer from fractures or osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You are using medicines to treat HIV infection like ritonavir.
- You suffer from skin lesions in the sun-exposed area after taking the capsule.
- You suffer from low levels of vitamin B12. The capsule reduces the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- You are taking the Rabium-DSR capsule for more than three months. The blood magnesium levels may drop. The doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- Taking Rabium-DSR capsules for more than one year increase the chances of bone fractures.
- It is not recommended for use in children of 12 years and below.
Mode of Action of Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Rabium-DSR capsule works by the combined effect of Rabeprazole and Domperidone.
- Rabeprazole belongs to the class of medicines called the proton pump inhibitors. The lining of the stomach secretes acid by certain processes that involves intake of ions via proton pump in the cells.Rabeprazole reduces the intake of the ions in the stomach cells that are necessary for the production of digestive acids in the stomach, and hence leads to reduced acid production....Read more
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 Capsules
Rabium-DSR capsule should be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water (and should not be chewed or crushed), preferably in the morning before food. It should be taken exactly as directed by
the doctor. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of Rabium-DSR capsule with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains Rabeprazole and Domperidone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....Read more
- Never take these medicines along with Rabium-DSR Capsule: Disopyramide, Amiodarone, medicines for mental problems haloperidol, Citalopram, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Levofloxacin, Azithromycin, antifungals like Pentamidine, Ketoconazole and other medicines like Cisapride, Dolasetron, Mequitazine, Rilpivirine, etc....Read more
- This medicine interferes with the action of antiviral medicines like Rilpivirine, Atazanavir and Nelfinavir and antifungals like Posaconazole, Ketoconazole and Itraconazole.
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- Medicines used for mental disorders like Diazepam, Phenytoin.
- If you are taking Warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Interactions with food items
Rabium-DSR capsule should preferably be taken on an empty stomach. There are no known interactions with food or beverages. However, nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola) can increase
stomach acid or delay ulcer healing and hinder the treatment process as well....
Storage and disposal of Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 Capsules
Store Rabium-DSR capsules in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Discard any unused medicine properly. Do not flush in the toi
let or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 Capsules
Symptoms of overdose include confusion, anxiety, fits, altered consciousness, sleepiness, etc. Contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital if you think you experience any of these sy
mptoms or think you may have taken too much of Rabium-DSR capsules....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of Rabium-DSR capsule take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not t
ake a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take the Rabium-DSR capsule if I have a liver problem?
A: Inform the doctor if you are having a liver or kidney problem. The doctor may suggest an alternative.
Q: How can I avoid acidity?
- Avoid spicy, oily and packed food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks or soda.
- Some medicines increase acidity and worsen the condition like pain killers, ibuprofen. You must avoid using these for a long duration.
Q: I have been taking Rabium-DSR capsules for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take Rabium-DSR capsule for the duration as prescribed by the doctor. If there is relief in the symptoms, visit the doctor for a follow-up, where the doctor may reduce its dose.
- The medicine causes fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long-term use.
- Take care about these and keep checking the blood levels and if needed the doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: For how long I must take the Rabium-DSR capsule?
A: The doctor decides the frequency and duration of the treatment with the Rabium-DSR capsule after accessing the condition. You must not stop taking the medicine before the treatment is complete neither you must take it for too long.
Q: What is the use of the Rabium-DSR capsule?
A: Rabium-DSR capsule is used to treat gastrointestinal reflux disease (GERD).
Q: When can I take the Rabium DSR capsule before or after food?
A: Rabium DSR capsule must be taken before food (on an empty stomach), in the morning.
Q: Is Pan-D and Rabium-DSR capsules composition the same?
A: No, Rabium-DSR capsule is a combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone, whereas Pan-D capsule contains Pantoprazole and Domperidone. Both of these medicines are used to treat stomach acid reflux disease. The doctor decides which one to prescribe after assessing the health condition and prescribe medicine depending upon the underlying disease, the severity of the disease and other parameters.
Q: Is Rabium DSR capsule an antibiotic?
A: No, it is not an antibiotic medicine.
Q: Can I stop taking Rabium-DSR capsule on my own?
A: No, avoid stopping the Rabium-DSR capsule until advised by the doctor, even if you are feeling good. If you stop taking the medicine in between the treatment, it may not completely cure the condition and leads to reoccurrence.
Q: Is Rabium-DSR Capsule addictive?
A: No, the Rabium-DSR capsule is not an addiction causing medicine. It must be used as per the dose and duration prescribed by the doctor.
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- RABICIP D Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- Rabeprazole 20mg Gastro-resistant Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- CDSCO - Rabeprazole+Domperidone [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
- Domperidone 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 11 August 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 16 Aug 2021 | 07:11 AM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved