By SERUM INSTITUTE OF INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED
28 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ovuloc Tablet is a combination of two different agents named Desogestrol and Ethinylestradiol. It is used as a birth control pill for female. This medicine may change the pattern of vaginal bleeding like intensity, frequency and duration. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. The common side effects of this medicine are altered mood, headache, nausea, pain in the abdomen, breast pain and an increase in weight. Do not use this medicine if you are pregnant or are likely to be pregnant, if you are breastfeeding your child and for children below 18 years of age. Always observe and inform your doctor about various risk factors and symptoms related to vascular blood clot formation, liver disease, heart disease, fit attacks before starting this medicine and after taking it....
|You Save||₹23.36 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Desogestrel(0.15 Mg),Ethinylestradiol(0.03 Mg)|
|Uses||Birth control pill|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, stomach pain|
|Classification||FEMALE HORMONE PILLS|
Check more medicines with composition as Desogestrel(0.15 Mg) + Ethinylestradiol(0.03 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Ovuloc Tablet
Uses of Ovuloc Tablet
Ovuloc Tablet can be used as a birth control pill for female.
Contraindications of Ovuloc Tablet
- If you are allergic to any of the components of Ovuloc Tablet.
- If you are at a high risk of vascular blood clot formation.
- If you have a family history of blood clot formation.
- If you have undergone major surgery followed by bedridden for a long time.
- If you have/had heart diseases such as a heart attack or chest pain.
- If you have a history of paralysis.
- If you have low blood circulation to the brain.
- If you have a high blood sugar level.
- If you have high blood pressure.
- If you have dysfunction of the liver and pancreas.
- If you have tumours of the liver.
- If you have female-hormone dependent tumours.
- If you experience unknown bleeding from the vagina, pregnant or are likely to be pregnant should not use this medicine.
Side effects of Ovuloc Tablet
- Pain in the abdomen
- Altered mood
- Tenderness in the breast
- Increase in weight
Precautions and Warnings of Ovuloc Tablet
Can I take Ovuloc Tablet during pregnancy?
Do not take Ovuloc Tablet if you are pregnant or are likely to be pregnant in the near future.
Can I take Ovuloc Tablet while breastfeeding?
Do not take Ovuloc Tablet while breastfeeding as this medicine reduces and changes the composition of the breastmilk.
Can I drive after taking Ovuloc Tablet?
Ovuloc Tablet is not known to impair your driving ability. So, you can drive.
Can I consume alcohol with Ovuloc Tablet?
No, it is not advisable to consume alcohol with Ovuloc Tablet as it interferes with the effectiveness of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience breathlessness or a sudden cough.
- You are a smoker.
- You an obese person.
- You have altered lipid levels.
- You have liver disorders.
- You have mood swings.
- You experience fit attacks.
- You develop any allergic reaction after taking Ovuloc Tablet.
Mode of Action of Ovuloc Tablet
How Does It Work?
Ovuloc Tablet contains two different agents named Desogestrol which is a synthetic progestogen and Ethinylestradiol which is a synthetic estrogen. Both these agents help to inhibit the release of ovaries, make changes in cervical secretion to inhibit the progress of sperms inside the female genital tract and thus preventing the union of sperms with the eggs....
Directions for Use of Ovuloc Tablet
Ovuloc Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Ovuloc Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, which includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatments if you are taking for any disorders....
- Some antivirals medicines like ombitasvir, paritaprevir and ritonavir are not to be used along with Ovuloc Tablet.
- Taking Ovuloc Tablet along with other medicines without a doctor’s advice can lead to vaginal bleeding and failure of the effectiveness of this medicine.
- Some fits medicines like phenytoin, carbamazepine, and phenobarbital while other tuberculosis medicines like rifampicin, rifabutin should not be used along with this medicine without prior consultation with your doctor. ...
- Some other medicines like griseofulvin, modafinil and antiviral medicines including HIV medicines are not to be used along with this medicine.
- Antifungal medicines like ketoconazole, itraconazole, fluconazole are not to be used without a doctor’s advice along with Ovuloc Tablet.
Storage and disposal of Ovuloc Tablet
- Store Ovuloc Tablet below 25°C in the original packaging to protect it from moisture and light.
- Keep this medicine out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Ovuloc Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include cause nausea, vomiting and slight vaginal bleeding, especially in young girls. If you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of Ovuloc Tablet, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
In case you forget to take a dose of Ovuloc Tablet, then consult your doctor immediately for further advice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Ovuloc Tablet prevent the chances of developing HIV infection?
A: No, Ovuloc Tablet is to be used as a birth control pill, it does not protect from any sexually transmitted infections including HIV.
Q: Is Ovuloc Tablet a habit-forming medicine?
A: No, habit-forming reactions have been reported with Ovuloc Tablet yet.
Q: I am using Ovuloc Tablet since the last 5 months as advised by my doctor. But will it affect my ability to get pregnant in the future?
A: No data or evidence has been reported for any short-term or long-term effects on your ability to become pregnant in the future after stopping Ovuloc Tablet.
- Bimizza 150 microgram/20 microgram Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 April 2021]
- Bimizza 150 microgram/20 microgram Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 April 2021]
- Desogestrol and Ethinylestradiol - CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 29 April 2021]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.