Nataforce Eye Drops 5ml
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nataforce 5 % Description
Nataforce eye drop contains natamycin which is an antibiotic used to treat fungal infections of the eye
|You Save||₹17.51 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||treatment of fungal infection of the eye|
|Side effects||eye irritation, foreign body sensation, change in vision, corneal opacity, dyspnea, eye discomfort|
Check more medicines with composition as Natamycin(5.0 %)
Uses of Nataforce 5 %
- Treatment of ocular fungal infection
Contraindications of Nataforce 5 %
- Hypersensitive to the active ingredient or the excipients
Side effects of Nataforce 5 %
- Eye irritation
- Foreign body sensation
- Allergic reaction
- Change in vision
- Corneal opacity
- Eye discomfort
- Eye irritation
- Eye pain
Precautions and Warnings of Nataforce 5 %
Can I apply Nataforce Eye drops during pregnancy?
Clinical studies has not been conducted in pregnant women and the safety of use of natamycin in pregnancy is unknown.Therefore, these drops should only be used if absolutely necessary.
Is it safe to use Nataforce Eye drops while breastfeeding?
It is not known whether natamycin is excreted in human breast milk but the risk to the detus cannot be excluded. Therefore, as a precautionary measure Natamycin eye drops should be avoided while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have put Nataforce Eye drops?
Nataforce eye drops may cause eye irritation and blurred vision for a short time. Do not drive until these side effects subside.
Can I consume alcohol after using Nataforce Eye drops?
No interaction of alcohol with eye drops is established.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are allergic to Natamycin
- You have symptoms of conjunctivitis or keratitis
- You have dry eye
- You use contact lenses
Mode of Action of Nataforce 5 %
How Does It Work?
Natamycin is an antifungal agent that inhibits the growth of fungi by destroying the fungal cell membrane, thus killing the fungus.
Directions for Use of Nataforce 5 %
- Nataforce Eye drops are meant for external use only
- Use the medication in the dose and for the duration advised by your doctor
- Shake the container well before use and do not touch the tip of the dropper to any surface
- Hold the bottle containing the medication in the inverted position or the dropper close to the eye, without touching it and gently squeeze the dropper and drop the medicine into the lower eyelid
Interactions of Nataforce 5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- No interaction studies have been performed
Storage and disposal of Nataforce 5 %
- Store between 2-24ºC in a cool and dry place
- Do not freeze
- Keep it away from direct sunlight
- Discard the unneeded or expired medication safely
Dosage of Nataforce 5 %
Overdose of Nataforce Eye drops is unlikely as it is an eye drop medication. However, upon accidental ingestion of the contents of this medication, side effects may be seen, but it does not produce any life-threatening situations, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed a dose, put the eye drops as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your routine. Do not put twice the amount of drops at once....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I put the eye drops when I am wearing the lenses?
A: If you wear soft contact lenses, you should remove those before using the eye drops and wait for at least 15-20 minutes before putting the lenses back in.
Q: Are there any severe side effects?
- The adverse effects are typically mild and will fade away after a while. However, if you observe these symptoms for a long time, contact your doctor or visit the nearest hospital.
Q: How long can I use this medication after opening the bottle?
A: You should use the eye drops within 4 weeks after opening it and throw the bottle after 4 weeks to prevent infections.
Q: Are there any dosage adjustments of the medication necessary in elderly patients?
A: In elderly patients, no dose modifications are required.
- Natacyn. [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 14 April 2022]. Available from: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2008/050514s009lbl.pdf
- Mayoclinic.org. 2022. Natamycin (Ophthalmic Route) Precautions - Mayo Clinic. [online] Available at: <https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/natamycin-ophthalmic-route/precautions/drg-20064987?p=1#:~:text=Natamycin%20belongs%20to%20the%20group,only%20with%20your%20doctor's%20prescription.> [Accessed 5 April 2022].
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed