Moxikind Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
30 days return policyRead More
Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet contains a combination of two medicines Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid. It belongs to class of penicillin antibiotics. It is used for the treatment of various bacterial infections such as infection of lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet works by combined action of its two components. Amoxicillin kills the bacteria which are responsible for infections and Clavulanic acid helps in maintaining an optimal level of Amoxicillin by inactivating the enzymes which break the Amoxicillin. Please inform your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics or have experienced any allergic reaction after taking antibiotics. This medicine should not be used during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester.
Uses of Moxikind Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Treatment of infections caused by bacteria such as sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone, tooth and joint infections.
Contraindications of Moxikind Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Moxikind Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Infection of skin & nails
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes & irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Moxikind Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I drive if I have consumed Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet?
It is advised not to take this medicine during pregnancy until considered essential by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet. The components of this medicine passes into breast milk & is known to cause fungal infection of mouth and diarhhea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet as it may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions.
Can I consume alcohol with Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins
- You are an elderly patient
- You have liver problems
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine
- You have difficulty in passing urine
Mode of Action of Moxikind Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet works by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Moxikind Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water.
- Take this tablet after meals to avoid stomach problems.
Interactions of Moxikind Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- There is increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol, it is advised to regularly monitor the blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate which is used in treatment of cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet.read less
Storage and disposal of Moxikind Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine at or below 25°C in the original package to protect it from catching moisture
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Moxikind Cv 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Taking Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits. Symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness and fluid retention. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have allergy to penicillin, can I take Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Is it safe to use Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet?
A: Yes, Moxikind CV 625 Tablet is safe to use when taken under the supervision of your doctor. However, in some patients, it may show some side effects like nausea, vomiting & diarrhoea.
Q: How many times should I take Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet in a day?
A: The exact frequency of consumption of this tablet depends upon your infection or disease. Your doctor will decide this after accessing the problem. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, kindly refrain from self-medication of any antibiotics and do not take it in excess or less.
Q: How long does it take for Moxikind-CV 625 Tablet to show its effects?
A: Moxikind CV 625 Tablet can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the physiology of an individual and the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards infection could be seen after you complete the course of antibiotic treatment.
Last Updated on: 15 Aug 2020 | 09:54 PM (IST)
Please add item(s) to proceed
- Side effects
- Precautions and Warnings
- Mode of Action
- Directions for Use
- Storage and disposal
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2020 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved