Clavam 625mg Tablet
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Clavam 625 tablet is an antibiotic medicine used for treating various bacterial infections such as infection of the lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. Clavam 625 tablet contains a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. It works by the combined action of its two components. Amoxicillin kills the bacteria which are responsible for infections and clavulanic acid helps in maintaining an optimal level of amoxicillin by inactivating the bacterial enzymes which break the amoxicillin. Please inform your doctor if you are allergic to antibiotics or have experienced any allergic reaction after taking antibiotics. This medicine should not be used during pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Clavam 625mg Tablet
Clavam 625 tablet is used for the treatment of infections caused by bacteria such as sinus infection, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infection, bone, tooth and joint infections.
Contraindications of Clavam 625mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin, clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have experienced liver problems & jaundice with this medicine before.
Side effects of Clavam 625mg Tablet
- Infection of skin & nails
- Skin rashes
- Skin irritation
Precautions and Warnings of Clavam 625mg Tablet
Can I drive if I have consumed Clavam 625 tablet?
It is advised not to take Clavam 625 tablet during pregnancy until considered essential by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Clavam 625 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed when you are taking Clavam 625 tablet. The components of this medicine passes into breast milk & is known to cause fungal infection of mouth and diarhhea in your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Clavam 625 tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines, after taking Clavam 625 tablet as it may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions.
Can I consume alcohol with Clavam 625 tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience any side effects after taking this medicine.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with this medicine.
- You have difficulty in passing urine.
Mode of Action of Clavam 625mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Clavam 625 tablet works by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy amoxicillin. Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Clavam 625mg Tablet
Take Clavam 625 tablet as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Do not crush, break or chew the tablet. Take this medicine after meals to avoid stomach problems.
Interactions of Clavam 625mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- There is an increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol. It is advised to regularly monitor the blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate which is used in the treatment of cancer.
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid and medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Clavam 625 tablet.Read less
- Some medicines can affect the way Clavam 625 tablet works or clavam 625 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder.Read less
Storage and disposal of Clavam 625mg Tablet
- Store at or below 25°C in the original package to protect it from light and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Clavam 625mg Tablet
Taking Clavam 625 tablet in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits. Symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness and fluid retention. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in failure of therapy. If you missed any dose of medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment with Clavam 625 tablet?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have allergy to penicillin, can I take Clavam 625 tablet?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Is it safe to use Clavam 625 tablet?
A: Yes, Clavam 625 tablet is safe to use when taken under the supervision of your doctor. However, in some patients, it may show some side effects like nausea, vomiting & diarrhoea.
Q: How many times should I take Clavam 625 tablet in a day?
A: The exact frequency of consumption of this tablet depends upon your infection or disease. Your doctor will decide this after accessing the problem. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor, kindly refrain from self-medication of any antibiotics and do not take it in excess or less.
Q: How long does it take for Clavam 625 tablet to show its effects?
A: Clavam 625 tablet can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the physiology of an individual and the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards infection could be seen after you complete the course of antibiotic treatment.
Q: Clavam XR vs Clavam 625, are they the same?
A: Both Clavam XR tablet and Clavam 625 tablets contain a combination of two antibiotic amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. The difference between them is that the Clavam XR tablet is a higher strength combination. It is recommended that not to self-medicate with any antibiotics and always consult with your doctor.
Q: Augmentin 625 vs Clavam 625, are they the same?
A: The composition for both the medicines is the same which is a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. However, it is advised not to self-medicate and always take proper advice from your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹30.08 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, fungal infection|
Last Updated on: 06 May 2021 | 10:02 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 25% Off on first medicine order
Flat 15% off + 10% cashback on your first 3 medicine orders
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved