Moxclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Moxclav 625 Tablet is a combination medicine containing Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid as its active ingredient. It belongs to a 'Penicillin' class of antibiotics. It is used to treat bacterial infection in different parts of the body such as lungs, urinary tract, reproductive tract, stomach-intestine, soft tissues, joints and dental. Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid in this medicine work synergistically to produce an optimal effect by killing or inhibiting the growth of the bacteria and inactivating the enzymes released by the bacteria. Sudden stopping of this medicine may result in treatment failure and other consequences, thus you should always complete the course of the treatment. Diarrhoea is the most common side effect of this medicine, reach out to your doctor if it does not go away on its own or gets worse.
Uses of Moxclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Moxclav 625 Tablet is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, like sinus infections, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, bone and joint infections.
Contraindications of Moxclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Amoxicillin, Clavulanic acid or any of the ingredients of Moxclav 625 Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergic reactions to any other antibiotic like cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem.
- If you have a history of liver disease or jaundice.
Side effects of Moxclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Infection of skin and nails (mucocutaneous candidiasis)
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes and irritation (pruritis, urticaria)
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Precautions and Warnings of Moxclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Moxclav 625 Tablet during pregnancy?
The use of Moxclav 625 Tablet during pregnancy should be avoided, as it may possess harm to the unborn baby. Your doctor may prescribe you this medicine after considering it to be necessary and safe. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or you are planning to have a baby.
Can I take Moxclav 625 Tablet while breastfeeding?
The components of Moxclav 625 Tablet passes into breastmilk & is known to cause fungal infection of mouth and diarrhoea in your baby. Thus, it is recommended not to breastfeed when you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Moxclav 625 Tablet?
If you experience symptoms such as dizziness, fits after taking Moxclav 625 Tablet, avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Moxclav 625 Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits. Talk to your doctor if you consume it often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You ever had allergic reactions to penicillin, cephalosporins.
- You are an elderly patient.
- You have liver problems.
- You have a kidney problem as you may experience fits.
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swollen glands.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Moxclav 625 Tablet.
- You have difficulty in passing urine.
Mode of Action of Moxclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- Moxclav 625 Tablet acts by inhibiting the growth and multiplication of the bacteria, killing the bacteria responsible for infections.
- However, the bacteria make an enzyme (beta-lactamases) which can destroy Amoxicillin.
- Clavulanic acid inactivates this enzyme and hence helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Moxclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Moxclav 625 Tablet should be consumed as a whole with a sufficient amount of water and should be taken after meals to avoid stomach problems. Take it as prescribed by your doctor for the prescribed duration to gain optimal benefits. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet.
Interactions of Moxclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- No drug interaction reports are available for this combination. However, as this medicine contains amoxicillin & clavulanic acid, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination.read less
- Increased risk of bleeding when taken with medicines used to thin the blood like warfarin, acenocoumarol There is a need to check blood tests like PT-INR.
- Increased side effects when taken with methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer).
- Medicines used to treat gout like allopurinol or probenecid.
- Medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like mycophenolate mofetil.
Storage and disposal of Moxclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine at or below 25° in the original package.
- Protect it from heat and moisture.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Moxclav 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Taking Moxclav 625 Tablet in high doses may result in serious kidney damage and fits.
- Symptoms of overdose include stomach disturbances, vomiting, diarrhoea, drowsiness and fluid retention.
- If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in a failure of the therapy.
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect during the treatment?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect during the treatment but contact your doctor immediately if you have diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Q: I have an allergy to penicillin. Can I take Moxclav 625 Tablet?
A: Never take this medicine if you are allergic to penicillin. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Always inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Will Moxclav 625 Tablet treat Urinary tract infection (UTI)?
A: Yes, Moxclav 625 Tablet will help in treating Urinary tract infection (UTI) caused due to various bacterial organisms.
Q: Is Moxclav 625 Tablet an antibiotic?
A: Yes, Moxclav 625 Tablet is a penicillin-type of antibiotic, used to kill and stop the growth of infection-causing bacteria.
Q: Is Moxclav 625 Tablet safe and effective?
A: Yes, Moxclav 625 Tablet is safe and effective when taken for the prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor. However, if you experience any side effect after taking this medicine, reach out to your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹40.12 (20% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Diarrhoea, Nausea, Vomiting, Fungal infection|
Last Updated on: 17 Feb 2021 | 01:39 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved