Augmentin Duo 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Augmentin 625 Duo tablet is an antibiotic medicine. It is used for the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections of various body parts such as infections of lungs, airways, ears, urinary tract, skin, bone, joints, soft tissue and tooth. Augmentin 625 Duo tablet contains Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid as its active ingredients. It works by the combined action of its two components. Amoxicillin kills the bacteria which is responsible for the infections and Clavulanic acid helps in maintaining an optimal level of Amoxicillin by inactivating the enzymes which break the Amoxicillin. Do not miss any dose or stop taking Augmentin 625 Duo tablet on your own. You must always complete the course of antibiotics for effective treatment.
Uses of Augmentin Duo 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- For the treatment of bacterial infection of sinus, respiratory tract, urinary tract, bone, skin, tooth and joints.
- It is also used in the treatment of community-acquired pneumonia (a lung infection which you get outside the hospital).
Contraindications of Augmentin Duo 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Know allergy to Amoxicillin, Clavulanic acid or any other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have a history of allergic reactions after using any antibiotics (cephalosporins, monobactam, carbapenem).
- If you have had liver problems & jaundice after using this medicine before.
Side effects of Augmentin Duo 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Vomiting & nausea
- Diarrhoea or stomach upset
- Fungal infection of skin & nails
- Difficulty in digestion
- Skin rashes & irritation
- Headache & dizziness
- Increased liver enzyme
Precautions and Warnings of Augmentin Duo 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I drive if I have consumed Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet?
Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet should be avoided during pregnancy due to the lack of safety information. However, if considered essential by the treating doctor, it can be taken. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant while he prescribes you this medicine.
Can I take Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Augmentin 625 Duo pass into breastmilk and it can cause fungal infection of mouth and diarrhoea in your baby. Hence, it is advisable not to breastfeed while taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet?
It is advised not to drive or use machines when you have taken Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet as it may cause dizziness, fits and allergic reactions.
Can I consume alcohol with Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet, as it may worsen the side effects like dizziness and fits.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have experienced allergy after the use of antibiotics like Amoxicillin (penicillin, cephalosporins).
- You are an elderly patient, the chances of getting side effects are more and also if you have any comorbidities it should be discussed with the doctor while he prescribes you this medicine.
- You have liver problems or kidney problems (patients with kidney disorders might experience fits while taking this medicine).
- You experience redness of the skin followed by eruptions, swelling and irresistible itching.
- You experience fatigue, fever, rash and swelling in the neck after taking this medicine.
- You have diarrhoea and abdominal pain even after stopping treatment with Augmentin 625 Duo Tablets.
- You have difficulty in passing urine or holding the urine in the bladder.
Mode of Action of Augmentin Duo 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet works by the combined action of its two ingredients. Amoxicillin acts by killing the bacteria responsible for infections. Whereas Clavulanic acid does not have any actions against bacteria but it inactivates an enzyme called beta-lactamases produced by bacteria which can destroy Amoxicillin. Hence, it helps Amoxicillin to function optimally.
Directions for Use of Augmentin Duo 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Take Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet as a whole with water, preferably after meals.
- Complete the course of Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet, as suggested by your doctor.
Interactions of Augmentin Duo 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of blood thinners such as warfarin or acenocoumarol may increase the risk of bleeding, regular monitoring of blood clotting parameters such as PT-INR is advised.
- There is an increased risk of getting the side effects of a medicine Methotrexate (used in the treatment of cancer) if taken along.
- Medicines such as Allopurinol and Probenecid (used for the treatment of gout) and medicines used to modify immune response during organ transplant like Mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously with Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet.read less
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or herbal preparations you are currently taking or might take to avoid any interaction.
Storage and disposal of Augmentin Duo 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store the medicine at or below 25°C in the original package.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Augmentin Duo 625mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet in high doses can lead to serious kidney damage and fits. Other symptoms of an overdose of this medicine include upset stomach, diarrhoea, vomiting, oedema or fluid retention and drowsiness. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
It is advised not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result make the treatment ineffective against the infection. If you have missed taking any dose of Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet, then take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Does Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet causes loose motions?
A: Yes, diarrhoea or loose motion is a common side effect during the treatment with this antibiotic. However, if you experience diarrhoea for more than two days and diarrhoea with blood and mucus along with stomach pain and fever. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine and should be reported to the doctor immediately.
Q: Can I take Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet if I am allergic to it?
A: No, you should not take this medicine if you are allergic to it or any penicillin antibiotics. Serious side effects can result due to the same. Inform your doctor about your allergy to any specific medicines.
Q: Is it safe to use Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet?
A: Yes, Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet is safe to use when taken under the supervision of your doctor. However, in some patients, it may show some side effects like nausea, vomiting & diarrhoea.
Q: How many times should I take the Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet in a day?
A: The exact frequency of consumption of this tablet depends upon your infection or disease. Your doctor will decide this after accessing the problem. Take this medicine as advised by your doctor. Refrain from self-medication of any antibiotics. Do not take it in excess or less.
Q: How long does it take for Augmentin 625 Tablet to show its effects?
A: Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet can start showing its effect approximately after 1 hour of its consumption. However, it varies among individuals and can also vary due to the physiology of an individual and the severity of the infection. As it is an antibiotic medicine, the complete effect towards infection could be seen after you complete the course of antibiotic treatment.
Q: Can Augmentin 625 Duo be used for a toothache?
A: Yes, it is used for toothache caused by a bacterial infection. However, you should never self-medicate this medicine for toothache, as that could be due to several other reasons. Always take your doctor's advice before taking any antibiotics.
Q: Are Advent 625 vs Augmentin 625 the same?
A: Advent 625 and Augmentin 625 both are antibiotic medicines containing a combination of Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid. These are used to treat various bacterial infections such as infections of the respiratory and urinary tract, bone, skin and tooth infections, etc. However, it is recommended not to self-medicate any of these medicines, always consult with your doctor and take the medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Augmentin 625 vs Ceftum 500, which one of these is a better medicine for bacterial infections?
A: Augmentin 625 contains a combination of Amoxicillin and clavulanic acid whereas Ceftum 500 tablet is a higher antibiotic containing Cefuroxime as it's active ingredient. Both these medicines are used in bacterial infections, based on the cause and your medical history your doctor shall prescribe you one of these medicines. Do not self-medicate without consulting your doctor.
Other Products from this Brand
|You Save||₹30.09 (15% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Amoxycillin / Amoxicillin(500.0 Mg),Clavulanic Acid(125.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Vomiting, nausea, skin rashes, irritation|
Last Updated on: 11 Mar 2021 | 07:30 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved