Human Mixtard 30/70 40iu Vial Of 10ml Suspension For Injection
By NOVO NORDISK INDIA PVT LTD
10ml Suspension For Injection in Vial
Inclusive of all taxes
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Human Mixtard 30/70 injection contains insulin isophane which is a prolonged-acting and human insulin which is a short-acting insulin. It provides a fast as well as a longer duration effect, thus help
s to maintain blood sugar levels. Human Mixtard 30/70 injection is used with other blood sugar-lowering medicines in both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. The medicine helps to maintain optimum blood sugar levels in diabetic patients. Insulin must be injected at least 15 mins before or within 20 min of starting the meal. You must never skip the meal or the dose of insulin. Keep on rotating the site of insulin administration. While on Human Mixtard 30/70, keep sugar candy or glucose handy as it has decreased blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) as its common side effect. If you experience the symptoms quite often, contact the doctor he might change the dose of the medicine....
Uses of Human Mixtard 30/70 40iu Vial Of 10ml Suspension For Injection
The injection is used to treat diabetes.
Contraindications of Human Mixtard 30/70 40iu Vial Of 10ml Suspension For Injection
- If you are allergic to insulin or other ingredients of Human Mixtard 30/70 injection.
- If you have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level).
Side effects of Human Mixtard 30/70 40iu Vial Of 10ml Suspension For Injection
- Low blood sugar (Hypoglycaemia)
- Feeling hungry
- Visual disturbances
- Pale skin
- Skin rashes
- Pain, redness, swelling at the site of injection
Precautions and Warnings of Human Mixtard 30/70 40iu Vial Of 10ml Suspension For Injection
Can I take the Human Mixtard 30/70 injection during pregnancy?
Human Mixtard 30/70 injection is used during pregnancy if the doctor recommends it. Monitoring of blood sugar levels is suggested as the dose requirements may change with each trimester of pregnancy.
Can I take the Human Mixtard 30/70 injection while breastfeeding?
Human Mixtard 30/70 injection is safe during breastfeeding. Thus, it is taken while you are nursing an infant.
Can I drive after consuming the Human Mixtard 30/70 injection?
- It causes low blood sugar levels and impairs driving abilities.
- Always keep sugar or a bar of chocolate in the car while driving.
- You experience the symptoms of low blood glucose levels like dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving and have sugar/juice.
Can I consume alcohol while taking a Human Mixtard 30/70 injection?
- Avoid alcohol when you are taking Human Mixtard 30/70 injection as it interferes with the way insulin works.
- Alcohol may cause an increased risk of both low blood glucose levels and high blood glucose levels.
- Avoid excessive use of alcohol while taking insulin.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have recurrent low blood sugar levels.
- Take care about the symptoms of low blood sugar like sweating, anxiety, fast heartbeats, headache, intense hunger, restlessness, dizziness and irritability. If you experience these, have sugar (Do notconsume artificial sweeteners). Eat something as soon as possible. Avoid taking insulin. If still the symptoms persist, seek medical help....Read more
- You have fever and infections.
- You have liver and kidney diseases.
- You have thyroid disorders.
- You are taking different insulin medicine brands.
- You suffer from pain, itching and swelling at the injection site, you must change the site of injection.
- Avoid heavy exercise.
- You are changing your diet preferences.
- You must carry a sugar candy.
- You are using insulin but not taking adequate meals, your blood glucose drops drastically.
Mode of Action of Human Mixtard 30/70 40iu Vial Of 10ml Suspension For Injection
How Does It Work?
- Insulin is an important hormone that allows the entry of blood glucose into each cell of the body. Inside the cell, glucose is used as fuel.
- In type 1 diabetes mellitus, the body fails to produce adequate insulin and leads to glucose accumulation in the blood and causes high blood glucose.
- The medicine lowers blood sugars by stimulating glucose uptake by cells, tissue and muscles, by skeletal muscles and fat and inhibits glucose production by the liver.
Directions for Use of Human Mixtard 30/70 40iu Vial Of 10ml Suspension For Injection
- Take Human Mixtard 30/70 injection as per the technique suggested by the doctor or nurse.
- The injection must be taken under the skin of the thigh or upper arm or abdomen.
- Do not take the injection in the vein or muscles.
- Pull a skin, fold up to take the injection.
- Wait for 6 seconds before removing the needle from the injection site.
- Rotate the site of injection and do not take concurrent injections at the same site.
Interactions of Human Mixtard 30/70 40iu Vial Of 10ml Suspension For Injection
Interactions with other medicines
- You may develop symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes, depression (fluoxetine), medicines for fever and pain (salicylates), ramipril, lisinopril.
- You may suffer from high blood sugar if you are taking oral contraceptives, thiazide, steroids, thyroxine, medicines used to treat diarrhoea and abnormal growth of body organs like octreotide, lanreotide, etc....Read more
- If you are using the medicine pioglitazone to treat diabetes, be cautious, as some cases of heart attacks and heart failures have been reported.
- Some medicines block the body's response to low blood sugar, so you may not experience symptoms like headache, hunger pangs, sweating, anxiety when the blood sugar drops. It leads to a fall in blood sugar. Inform the doctor if you are taking medicines like Beta-blockers (Metoprolol, Propranolol, Atenolol), Clonidine, Guanethidine and Reserpine....Read more
Interactions with food items
- Take the medicine 15 mins before meals or within 20 minutes after starting a meal.
- Maintain a constant meal pattern when you are taking insulin.
- Avoid skipping or delaying meals when you are taking insulin.
Storage and disposal of Human Mixtard 30/70 40iu Vial Of 10ml Suspension For Injection
- Store it between 2°C to 8°C in the refrigerator.
- Do not freeze it.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- Avoid opening the carton of vials to protect it from light.
- The unused portion must not be stored and must be discarded.
Dosage of Human Mixtard 30/70 40iu Vial Of 10ml Suspension For Injection
- Excess of Human Mixtard 30/70 injection leads to low blood sugar levels, called hypoglycemia. You may develop symptoms like dizziness, fainting, sweating and tremors.
- If you have the blood glucometer with you, test and confirm blood glucose levels.
- Whether or not you test the levels, it is important to take glucose water/juice/eat sugar or chocolates and then rush to the doctor.
Missed a Dose
- A missed dose may lead to high blood sugar levels which can cause symptoms like feeling thirsty, excessive urination, loss of appetite, drowsiness, a fruity smell from breath, etc.
- If you have missed taking a dose of the Human Mixtard 30/70 injection take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule....Read more
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What food I must avoid, as I'm a diabetic?
- Avoid using maida, white bread, noodles, corn flakes, poori, biryani, naan, fried rice, etc.
- Avoid using seetaphal, mango, jack fruit, fruit salads with ice cream, fruit-based desserts.
- Avoid using cheese, milkshakes, ice creams.
- Avoid using pork, beef, soft drinks, sugarcane juice, sweetened health drinks and beverages.
Q: Can I stop taking the injection if I am feeling uncomfortable after taking the medicine?
A: No, avoid stopping insulin without speaking with a doctor. It may lead to high blood sugar levels and may worsen the disease condition and complications. In case of side effects or discomfort, Inform the doctor. You may need a dose adjustment.
Q: Why should I change the site for taking the injection?
A: Taking the injection at the same site leads to a lump formation, local irritation and itching. Avoid taking injections at the same site or maintain a gap of one day.
Q: What lifestyle modifications need to be considered to manage diabetes?
- Diet must include chapatis, multigrain bread, puffed rice with vegetables, sprouts, roasted grams, plain cooked daal, soups, steamed vegetables, cooked vegetables with less oil, Jamun, orange, guava,apple, watermelon, papaya, cow’s milk, curd, thin buttermilk, fish (grilled, baked or steamed), peanuts, cashew nuts and walnuts(handful)....Read more
- Limit sugar intake.
- A brisk walk daily for 30 minutes.
- Exercise regularly.
- Monitor the blood glucose.
- Take the anti-diabetic medication on time.
Q: I suffer from low blood sugar levels often, what is the possible reasons?
- The risk factors for developing low blood glucose levels include taking excess insulin, not taking adequate meals or missing meals, too much alcohol consumption, fever and too much exercise.
- Some medicines, when used with insulin result in such episodes as other diabetes medicine glimepiride, medicines used for fever and pain (salicylates), ramipril, etc.
- Report to the doctor about these episodes. You may need a dose adjustment.
Q: How does Human Mixtard injection work?
A: The injection contains Insulin Isophane / NPH and Human Insulin having a prolonged duration of action and a faster onset of the action. It provides rapid and consistent sugar control by enhancing the sugar uptake by the cells, tissues muscles and fat cells, thus reduces the sugar production by the liver.
Q: How to inject Human Mixtard Injection?
- You must have the correct syringe with the corresponding unit scale for insulin injections.
- Draw air into the syringe, in the same amount as the dose of insulin needed.
- Follow the instructions given by the healthcare professional.
- Before injecting the insulin, roll the vial between the hands until the liquid is white and cloudy. Resuspending is easier if the insulin is at room temperature.
- Inject the insulin under the skin. Use the injection technique advised by the doctor or nurse.
- Keep the needle under the skin for 6 seconds to make sure that the dose has been delivered.
Q: How long does Human Mixtard 30/70 injection work?
A: Human Mixtard 30/70 injection contains a mixture of faster and longer-acting insulins, that will start to lower your blood sugar level about 30 minutes after you inject and the effect will last for approximately 24 hours.
Q: When should I take Mixtard 30/70?
A: You should use Mixtard 30/70 exactly as advised by the doctor. However, it is recommended to have a meal or snack within 30 minutes of injecting insulin.
- Insulatard [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 7 October 2021]
- Insulatard - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 5 October 2021]
- National health Portal [Internet]. 2021 [cited 7 October 2021]
- Actrapid Penfill [Internet]. 2021 [cited 7 October 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 08 Oct 2021 | 08:03 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved