Flospurt D Capsule
Flospurt D Capsule Description
Flospurt D Capsule is a combination medicine. It is used for the treatment of enlarged prostate gland in men. It contains silodosin and dutasteride as its main components. It helps in easing the symp
toms of benign prodynamic hyperplasia (BPH) like difficulty in passing urine, frequent urination, increased frequency of urination at night or inability to empty the bladder. This medicine is not meant to be used for the treatment of prostate cancer. Flospurt D Capsule should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before starting this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹48.63 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Silodosin(8.0 Mg) + Dutasteride(0.5 Mg)|
|Uses||BPH (benign prodynamic hyperplasia)|
|Side effects||Unsteadiness, diarrhoea, headache, low blood pressure|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR BENIGN PROSTATIC HYPERPLASIA|
Uses of Flospurt D Capsule
Contraindications of Flospurt D Capsule
- If you are allergic to Silodosin, Dutasteride or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- If you suffer from a severe disorder of the liver or kidneys.
- If you are a female or a child.
- If you are taking medicines like ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir or cyclosporine.
Side effects of Flospurt D Capsule
- Low blood pressure
- Congestion in nose
- Problem in ejaculation
Precautions and Warnings of Flospurt D Capsule
Other General Warnings
- You suffer from low or high blood pressure.
- You suffer from any eye disorder or planning to get eye surgery.
- You suffer from heart disease.
- You have any fungal or viral infection.
- You are taking medicines for lowering immunity.
- You may experience problems in ejaculation, which will get back to normal once this medicine is stopped.
- Do not give this medicine to women or children.
Mode of Action of Flospurt D Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Flospurt D Capsule contains silodosin and dutasteride.
- Silodosin which facilitates the flow of urine and relieves the discomfort due to the enlarged prostate gland while dutasteride reduces the size of the enlarged prostate gland. Together, both these medicines help in controlling the symptoms of benign prodynamic hyperplasia in men....
Directions for Use of Flospurt D Capsule
- Flospurt D Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken with or after having your meal.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Flospurt D Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Antifungal medicines such as ketoconazole, itraconazole, Immunosuppressant medicine such as cyclosporine and antiviral medicine such as ritonavir should be avoided with Flospurt D Capsule.
- Concomitant use of blood pressure medicines should be done with caution, as it may lead to excessive lowering of blood pressure.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Flospurt D Capsule
- Store below 30°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Flospurt D Capsule
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I take Flospurt D?
Q: How do I take Flospurt D Capsule?
- SILOFAST D Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 27 May 2022]
- Dutasteride- Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 November 2022]
- Silodosin- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 24 November 2022]