Doxy 1 L Dr Forte Strip Of 8 Capsules
Doxy 1 L Dr Forte Strip Of 8 Capsules Description
Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte capsule is an antibiotic medicine. It is used to treat bacterial infections within the abdomen and also diarrhoea associated with the use of antibiotics or this medicine. Doxy-1 L-D
r Forte is a combination medicine containing doxycycline and spores of Lactobacillus sporogenes. Doxycycline is an antibiotic and Lactobacillus sporogenes is a probiotic, a beneficial bacterium that is already present in the intestine of the body. It is also known as healthy or good bacteria of the gut. Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte capsule works by killing the bacteria responsible for infection and diarrhoea and Lactobacillus sporogenes help in maintaining the normal bacterial flora of the gut. This medicine can be used by adults and should be used with precautions in children above 8-years of age. Take Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte as advised by your treating doctor, for the prescribed duration. You should take Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte with or after food to avoid stomach upset. Do not stop taking cap Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte on your own, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure.
|Contains||Doxycycline(100.0 Mg) + Lactobacillus Sporogenes(5.0 B)|
|Side effects||Abdominal pain, headache, vomiting, rash|
- Doxol Lb Strip Of 8 CapsulesBy Megha Healthcare Private Limited8 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 83.20₹ 70.7225.78% CHEAPER₹ 8.84/Capsule
- Minicycline Lb Capsules 10'sBy Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 83.95₹ 71.3640.05% CHEAPER₹ 7.14/Capsule
- Doxol Lb Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Megha Healthcare Private Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 83.20₹ 83.2030.14% CHEAPER₹ 8.32/Capsule
- Doxybond Lb CapsuleBy Brinton Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 107.00₹ 90.9523.68% CHEAPER₹ 9.09/Capsule
- Nixidox Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Canixa Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 88.00₹ 74.8037.2% CHEAPER₹ 7.48/Capsule
- Microdox Lbx CapsuleBy Micro Labs10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 80.00₹ 68.0042.91% CHEAPER₹ 6.8/Capsule
- Doxt Sl 100mg Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 93.5021.49% CHEAPER₹ 9.35/Capsule
Uses of Doxy 1 L Dr Forte Strip Of 8 Capsules
- Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte capsule is used to treat bacterial infections within the abdomen. It is also used for reducing antibiotic-associated diarrhoea.
Contraindications of Doxy 1 L Dr Forte Strip Of 8 Capsules
- If you are allergic to doxycycline, lactobacillus or any other ingredient of Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte capsule.
- If you are pregnant and breastfeeding.
Side effects of Doxy 1 L Dr Forte Strip Of 8 Capsules
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic rash
- Difficulty in swallowing
Precautions and Warnings of Doxy 1 L Dr Forte Strip Of 8 Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You get exposed to sunlight too often or your routine requires sun exposure.
- You have liver or kidney-related disorders or skin infections.
- You are suffering from any sexually transmitted diseases.
- You have an autoimmune muscle disorder named myasthenia gravis, which causes muscle weakness.
- You experience severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You have Benign intracranial hypertension, a brain disorder characterised by a severe headache.
- You have infection or inflammation in the food pipe (Oesophagitis).
- You experience severe diarrhoea. Discontinue the treatment and inform your doctor.
- You have porphyria, a blood disorder characterised by severe abdominal pain.
- You have Systemic lupus erythematosus, characterised by weakness and joint pain.
- You experience Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction, characterised by fever, chill, increased heartbeat and headache.
- Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte should not be used in a child below 8-years of age as it can cause discolouration of teeth.
Mode of Action of Doxy 1 L Dr Forte Strip Of 8 Capsules
How Does It Work?
- Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte capsule contains Doxycycline and Lactobacillus sporogenes. Doxycycline is an antibiotic. It stops the growth of bacteria by inhibiting the synthesis of proteins in them.
- Lactobacillus sporogenes are beneficial bacteria that are already present in the intestine. It supports the natural bacterial flora of the intestine and helps in digestion and absorption. Due to the overuse of antibiotics, these friendly bacteria are also killed. Lactobacillus sporogenes helps in restoring the bacteria in the intestine....
Directions for Use of Doxy 1 L Dr Forte Strip Of 8 Capsules
- Take Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte capsule as a whole with a glass of water.
- It can be taken with food or after your meals.
Interactions of Doxy 1 L Dr Forte Strip Of 8 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte capsule with antacids containing aluminium, calcium or magnesium can decrease the effect of Doxycycyline.
- The antibiotic effect of penicillin is altered by the use of Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte capsule.
- The blood thinners like warfarin, when used with this medicine, can increase the risk of bleeding.
- Medicines used for psychiatric disorders such as Phenytoin or Carbamazepine if used along with Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte capsule, can reduce the anti-infective action.
- The effect of oral contraceptives may be altered by the use of this medicine. An alternative contraceptive measure should be used.
- Medicines like cyclosporine which is used to reduce the immune response should be avoided as they can interfere with the effect of Doxt-SL.
- The use of Methoxyflurane, an anaesthetic with this medicine, can result in severe toxicity in the kidney.
- Using medicines like Isotretinoin along with Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte capsule should be avoided as there is a risk of getting side effects of former medicine.
Storage and disposal of Doxy 1 L Dr Forte Strip Of 8 Capsules
- Store below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Doxy 1 L Dr Forte Strip Of 8 Capsules
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte capsule be used in children?
Q: Can I have milk with Doxy-1 L-Dr Forte capsule?
Q: How does the lactobacillus help?
Q: Can Doxy 1 LDR forte be taken for the long term?
Q: Does Doxy 1 ldr forte cause diarrhea?
Q: Is Doxy 1 an antibiotic?
Q: What is the composition of Doxy 1 LDR Forte?
- Doxycycline 100 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 16 May 2022]
- DORYX Tablet [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 16 May 2022]
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus Monograph for Professionals - Drugs.com [Internet]. Drugs.com. 2022 [cited 16 May 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 16 May 2022]