Chlormixin D Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
By NOIR PHARMA PVT LTD
5ml Eye Drop in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Chlormixin D Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops Description
Chlormixin D Eye Drop is used to treat bacterial infections of the eye. It contains a combination of Polymyxin-B, chloramphenicol, and dexamethasone as the active ingredients. Polymyxin-B and chloram
phenicol are antibiotic medicines, while dexamethasone is a steroid medicine that reduces redness, pain, and swelling of the eyes. Chlormixin D Eye Drop should be used in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Complete the entire course of medicine given by your doctor. Chlormixin D Eye Drop is meant for external use, and it should be used on the eyes and the area near the eyes.
|You Save||₹2.40 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chloramphenicol(10.0 Mg) + Dexamethasone(1.0 Mg) + Polymyxin B(5000.0 Iu)|
|Uses||Bacterial eye infection|
|Side effects||Burning, itching, dryness, swelling of eye|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Chloramphenicol(10.0 Mg) + Dexamethasone(1.0 Mg) + Polymyxin B(5000.0 Iu)
Uses of Chlormixin D Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
Chlormixin D Eye Drop is used to treat bacterial infections of the eyes.
Contraindications of Chlormixin D Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- If you are allergic to polymyxin-B, chloramphenicol, dexamethasone, or any component of Chlormixin D Eye Drop.
- If you have varicella, herpes, HIV, tuberculosis, or any other viral or fungal infection of the eye.
Side effects of Chlormixin D Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- Burning sensation
- Allergic rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Chlormixin D Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
Can I use Chlormixin D Eye Drop during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Chlormixin D Eye Drop during pregnancy. This Eye Drop should not be used during pregnancy unless advised by your doctor.
Can I use Chlormixin D Eye Drop while breastfeeding?
Chlormixin D Eye Drop may pass into human breast milk. This Eye Drop should not be used in breastfeeding women unless recommended by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have used Chlormixin D Eye Drop?
Chlormixin D Eye Drop has no effect on driving ability. However, if you experience any symptoms after applying this cream that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Chlormixin D Eye Drop?
There is limited information regarding the interaction of Chlormixin D Eye Drop with alcohol. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Chlormixin D Eye Drop.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You do not find any improvement in your condition after using this Eye Drop for 3-4 days.
- You have a disorder of liver or kidney.
- You notice any new infections or worsening of your problem.
- You notice any fungal infection.
- You should consult your doctor and take oral antibiotics if needed for severe infections.
Mode of Action of Chlormixin D Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
How Does It Work?
- Chlormixin D Eye Drop contains Polymyxin-B, chloramphenicol, and dexamethasone as the active ingredients.
- Polymyxin-B is an antibiotic that alters the permeability of the cell membrane of the bacteria which results in the death of the infection-causing organism.
- Chloramphenicol is also an antibiotic that prevents the formation of proteins in the bacteria that are required for certain important functions.
- Dexamethasone is a steroid that reduces redness, pain, swelling, and discomfort caused due to the infection.
Directions for Use of Chlormixin D Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- Use Chlormixin D Eye Drop as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Wipe any excess medicine from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact amount of Eye Drop as recommended.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
Interactions of Chlormixin D Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Chlormixin D Eye Drop is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- Concomitant use of Chlormixin D Eye Drop with atropine or phosphate-containing eye medicines should be done with caution.
- Medicines used for the treatment of fits/seizures (phenytoin, phenobarbitone), breathing problems (ephedrine), and tuberculosis (rifampicin) may reduce the effect of this Eye Drop
- Chlormixin D Eye Drop can reduce the action of salicylate medicines.
Storage and disposal of Chlormixin D Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Chlormixin D Bottle Of 5ml Eye Drops
- As Chlormixin D Eye Drop is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, then wash/wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Chlormixin D Eye Drop, apply it as soon as possible. If it's time for your next application, then skip the missed application and continue with your regular application schedule. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Chlormixin D Eye Drop affect my glaucoma?
A: Chlormixin D Eye Drop contains a steroid component, which may increase the pressure of your eyes. You should avoid the use of this Eye Drop if you have glaucoma. Consult your doctor and do not self medicate.
Q: Can I use Chlormixin D Eye Drop for eye ulcers?
A: No, Chlormixin D Eye Drop should not be used in case of eye ulcers, as it may worsen the condition. Consult your doctor and take proper treatment.
Q: Can Chlormixin D Eye Drop cause blindness?
A: Chlormixin D Eye Drop will not cause blindness if used on doctor's advice and in the proper way. However, if it is used for a wrong eye condition of the eye, which has not been advised by your doctor, it may lead to severe complications.
Q: Can I use Chlormixin D Eye Drop while wearing my contact lenses?
A: Do not use this medicine while you are wearing contact lenses. Remove contact lenses before the application of Chlormixin D Eye Drop and wait at least 20 minutes or more before reinsertion.
Q: Is Chlormixin D Eye Drop is antibiotic?
A: Yes, Chlormixin D Eye Drop consists of a combination of two antibiotics which is chloramphenicol & polymyxin B and a steroid called dexamethasone. The combined action of antibiotics and steroids effectively helps in treating eye infections.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed