Vitamin C 500mg Strip Of 10 Chewable Tablets
By JACKSON LABOTRIES PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Vitamin C 500 MG Description
Vitamin C 500 tablet contains vitamin C also known as ascorbic acid as an active ingredient. It is a nutritional supplement. Vitamin C tablets are used for vitamin C deficiency in the body. Ascorbic
acid (Vit C) is a natural antioxidant and helps by slowing down or reducing cell damage. It is necessary to keep body tissues and the immune system healthy. Vitamin C is necessary for collagen synthesis and helps in wound healing and improves skin, hair, and nails. They play an important role in the absorption of iron. Vitamin C 500 medicine must be taken as suggested by the doctor or pharmacist. The medicine must be chewed and not swallowed.
1 Generic Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Vitamin C 500mg Strip Of 10 Chewable Tablets
- Limcee 500mg Orange Flavour Chewable Tablets 15'sBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 25.53₹ 21.7055.93% CHEAPER₹ 1.45/Tablet
Uses of Vitamin C 500 MG
- For the treatment of vitamin C deficiency.
- To treat scurvy, the disease that is characterized by weakness, anaemia, bleeding gums and blood spots on skin due to lack of Vitamin C in the body.
- As a supplement to boost immunity and fight against flu & seasonal allergies.
Precautions and Warnings of Vitamin C 500 MG
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding or have any existing medical condition like diabetes, hypertension, kidney or liver problem, be sure to consult the doctor.
- You are on other medications, supplements or following other complementary or integrative health approaches.
- You should not take the supplement if you are allergic to the component of the supplement.
- You are going to undergo any surgery or operation, you may be asked to stop taking the product at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the procedure.
- Vitamin supplements are intended to supplement the diet of some people and may not be a substitute for a well-balanced, varied diet and healthy lifestyle.
Ingredients and Benefits of Vitamin C 500 MG
- Vitamin C is essential for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues.
- It is an excellent antioxidant that protects body cells from oxidative damage.
- Boosts immunity and protects the body from diseases, allergies and environment-related illness.
- It promotes collagen synthesis, a protein that helps in wound healing, skin repair, cartilage and bone strength.
- It also promotes healthy skin, nails and hair and improves iron absorption from food.
Directions for Use of Vitamin C 500 MG
- Take Vitamin C 500 tablet as advised by the doctor.
- Do not consume vitamin supplements more than the stated dose.
Storage and disposal of Vitamin C 500 MG
- Store Vitamin C medicine in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dr. Abhishek B L
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Which foods may be a good source of vitamin C?
A: Citrus fruits like amla, orange, kiwi, lemon, guava, grapefruit, papaya, strawberries, and vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, capsicum are rich and natural sources of vitamin C.
Q: Vitamin C 500 tablet is a health supplement and can it be harmful if I take it too much?
A: Yes, taking too much can be harmful. There is a misconception that consuming too many vitamins are not harmful. If you think you have taken too much Vitamin C 500 tablet, seek medical help immediately.
Q: Is there any side effects associated with Vitamin C 500 medicine?
A: There are significantly fewer chances of side effects with Vitamin C 500 if consumed as prescribed. However, in some cases, you may experience headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, itching, swelling, and frequent urination.
Q: In what conditions, one should not consume Vitamin C 500 medicine?
A: Do not take Vitamin C 500 medicine if you have a kidney stone problem known as hyperoxaluria and if you are taking antacids and having kidney disease.
Q: Is Vitamin C 500 good for the skin?
A: Yes, Vitamin C 500 chewable medicine may help you get healthy and glowy skin due to its antioxidant properties. It promotes collagen synthesis, hence may help in the repair and regeneration of skin cells.
Q: Can I take Vitamin C 500 tablet daily?
A: Yes, Vitamin C 500 chewable medicine may be taken daily based on health status. Do not take it more than the advice. You should still follow to eat healthy food with antioxidant properties. The medicine is prescribed only when the required dietary needs are not fulfilled by the food you eat.
Q: Can I take Vitamin C chewable tablets 500 mg, if I have kidney problem?
A: Vitamin C chewable tablets 500 mg should be Used with caution in individuals with any kind of kidney problem, as it may worsen the condition. Please notify your doctor, if you have any kidney problems before starting the treatment.
Q: Can I smoke during the treatment with Vitamin C 500?
A: No, you should avoid smoking while taking Vitamin C 500 as it may impact the activity of this supplement.
Q: How do you take the Vitamin C 500mg tablets?
A: Take the Vitamin C 500 tablet as advised by the doctor. However, it should preferably be taken in the morning before the first meal. As it contains vitamin C, which is a water-soluble vitamin and works best on an empty stomach. Do not consume vitamin supplements more than the stated dose.
Q: What does vitamin C do to the face?
A: Vitamin C is an excellent antioxidant that protects body cells from oxidative damage caused by UV exposure. It also helps to lighten hyperpigmentation and brown spots by inhibiting melanin production in the skin, ultimately evening out skin tone, and enhancing skin radiance.
Q: Does Vitamin C help your hair grow?
A: Yes, vitamin C promotes healthy hair along with healthy skin and nails. Vitamin C helps in the synthesis of collagen protein, which has a huge impact on your hair quality. It also prevents hair from growing weak, brittle, and thin.
Q: Can I take vitamin C at night?
A: You can take the recommended dose in the manner advised by your doctor. However, it is safe to be taken at any time of the day in the dose prescribed. Do not self medicate yourself.
Q: What are the symptoms of a lack of vitamin C?
A: If the patient is not taking a wholesome meal, it might lead to vitamin c deficiency. This deficiency can lead to an individual to feel tired, weak, and irritable.
- Ascorbic Acid 100mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin C [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 4 May 2021]
- Ascorbic Acid 500mg, 200mg, 100mg and 50mg Tablets [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 4 October 2021]
- Vitamin C Benefits for Skin, Hair and Health [Internet]. 2021 [cited 11 January 2022]
- Vitamin C Deficiency - Disorders of Nutrition - MSD Manual Consumer Version [Internet]. MSD Manual Consumer Version. 2022 [cited 7 April 2022]
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you