Visomer P Tube Of 3gm Eye Ointment
By INDIANA OPHTHALMICS
3g Eye Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Visomer P Tube Of 3gm Eye Ointment Description
Visomer P Eye Ointment is used to treat bacterial infections of the eye. It contains a combination of Polymyxin-B, chloramphenicol, and dexamethasone as the active ingredients. Polymyxin-B and chlora
mphenicol are antibiotic medicines, while dexamethasone is a steroid medicine that reduces redness, pain, and swelling of the eyes. Visomer P Eye Ointment should be used in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Complete the entire course of medicine given by your doctor. Visomer P Eye Ointment is meant for external use, and it should be used on the eyes and the area near the eyes.
|You Save||₹16.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chloramphenicol(10.0 Mg) + Dexamethasone(1.0 Mg) + Polymyxin B(10000.0 Iu)|
|Uses||Bacterial eye infection|
|Side effects||Burning, itching, dryness, swelling of eye|
|Therapy||OCCULAR ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Chloramphenicol(10.0 Mg) + Dexamethasone(1.0 Mg) + Polymyxin B(10000.0 Iu)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Visomer P Tube Of 3gm Eye Ointment
- Polynase D Eye Oint 5gmBy Ajanta Pharma Limited5g Eye Ointment in TubeMRP 122.50₹ 104.1233.21% CHEAPER₹ 20.82/Gram
- Ocupol Dx Tube Of 5gm Eye OintmentBy Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5g Eye Ointment in TubeMRP 120.18₹ 102.1534.46% CHEAPER₹ 20.43/Gram
Uses of Visomer P Tube Of 3gm Eye Ointment
Visomer P Eye Ointment is used to treat bacterial infections of the eyes.
Contraindications of Visomer P Tube Of 3gm Eye Ointment
- If you are allergic to polymyxin-B, chloramphenicol, dexamethasone, or any component of Visomer P Eye Ointment.
- If you have varicella, herpes, HIV, tuberculosis, or any other viral or fungal infection of the eye.
Side effects of Visomer P Tube Of 3gm Eye Ointment
- Burning sensation
- Allergic rashes
Precautions and Warnings of Visomer P Tube Of 3gm Eye Ointment
Can I use Visomer P Eye Ointment during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Visomer P Eye Ointment during pregnancy. This Eye Ointment should not be used during pregnancy unless advised by your doctor.
Can I use Visomer P Eye Ointment while breastfeeding?
Visomer P Eye Ointment may pass into human breast milk. This Eye Ointment should not be used in breastfeeding women unless recommended by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have used Visomer P Eye Ointment?
Visomer P Eye Ointment has no effect on driving ability. However, if you experience any symptoms after applying this cream that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Visomer P Eye Ointment?
There is limited information regarding the interaction of Visomer P Eye Ointment with alcohol. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Visomer P Eye Ointment.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You do not find any improvement in your condition after using this Eye Ointment for 3-4 days.
- You have a disorder of liver or kidney.
- You notice any new infections or worsening of your problem.
- You notice any fungal infection.
- You should consult your doctor and take oral antibiotics if needed for severe infections.
Mode of Action of Visomer P Tube Of 3gm Eye Ointment
How Does It Work?
- Visomer P Eye Ointment contains Polymyxin-B, chloramphenicol, and dexamethasone as the active ingredients.
- Polymyxin-B is an antibiotic that alters the permeability of the cell membrane of the bacteria which results in the death of the infection-causing organism.
- Chloramphenicol is also an antibiotic that prevents the formation of proteins in the bacteria that are required for certain important functions.
- Dexamethasone is a steroid that reduces redness, pain, swelling, and discomfort caused due to the infection.
Directions for Use of Visomer P Tube Of 3gm Eye Ointment
- Use Visomer P Eye Ointment as instructed by your doctor.
- Follow directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying.
- Wipe any excess medicine from your face with a tissue.
- Use the exact amount of Eye Ointment as recommended.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze.
Interactions of Visomer P Tube Of 3gm Eye Ointment
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Visomer P Eye Ointment is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines.
- However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions.
- Concomitant use of Visomer P Eye Ointment with atropine or phosphate-containing eye medicines should be done with caution.
- Medicines used for the treatment of fits/seizures (phenytoin, phenobarbitone), breathing problems (ephedrine), and tuberculosis (rifampicin) may reduce the effect of this Eye Ointment
- Visomer P Eye Ointment can reduce the action of salicylate medicines.
Storage and disposal of Visomer P Tube Of 3gm Eye Ointment
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Visomer P Tube Of 3gm Eye Ointment
- As Visomer P Eye Ointment is meant for external application, cases of an overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
- If you have applied extra quantities of it, then wash/wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Visomer P Eye Ointment, apply it as soon as possible. If it's time for your next application, then skip the missed application and continue with your regular application schedule. Do not over-apply this medicine to compensate for the missed application....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Visomer P Eye Ointment affect my glaucoma?
A: Visomer P Eye Ointment contains a steroid component, which may increase the pressure of your eyes. You should avoid the use of this Eye Ointment if you have glaucoma. Consult your doctor and do not self medicate.
Q: Can I use Visomer P Eye Ointment for eye ulcers?
A: No, Visomer P Eye Ointment should not be used in case of eye ulcers, as it may worsen the condition. Consult your doctor and take proper treatment.
Q: Can Visomer P Eye Ointment cause blindness?
A: Visomer P Eye Ointment will not cause blindness if used on doctor's advice and in the proper way. However, if it is used for a wrong eye condition of the eye, which has not been advised by your doctor, it may lead to severe complications.
Q: Can I use Visomer P Eye Ointment while wearing my contact lenses?
A: Do not use this medicine while you are wearing contact lenses. Remove contact lenses before the application of Visomer P Eye Ointment and wait at least 20 minutes or more before reinsertion.
Q: Is Visomer P Eye Ointment is antibiotic?
A: Yes, Visomer P Eye Ointment consists of a combination of two antibiotics which is chloramphenicol & polymyxin B and a steroid called dexamethasone. The combined action of antibiotics and steroids effectively helps in treating eye infections.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed