Topcid 40mg Tablet
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
14 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Topcid 40 tablet is used to treat peptic ulcers, heartburn and abnormal acid production in the stomach. It contains famotidine, an antacid medicine. It works by blocking the secretion of excess gastric acid, thereby reducing the amount of acid in the stomach. This medicine should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. One should not break, crush or chew the medicine....
|You Save||₹1.41 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
Check more medicines with composition as Famotidine(40.0 Mg)
2 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Topcid 40mg Tablet
Uses of Topcid 40 MG
For the treatment of peptic ulcers in the stomach and intestine and to treat abnormal acid production in the stomach
Contraindications of Topcid 40 MG
If you are allergic to this medicine or any of the ingredient of this medicine
Side effects of Topcid 40 MG
- Irregular heart rhythm
Precautions and Warnings of Topcid 40 MG
Can I take Topcid 40 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence, it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Topcid 40 tablet while breastfeeding?
It is safe to use this medicine if you breastfeed. It does not cause any harm to the breastfed baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Topcid 40 tablet?
This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness, headache or confusion. If you feel such symptoms, then do not drive or operate machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Topcid 40 tablet?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol. It is recommended to consult your doctor for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are an elderly person with kidney problems, may experience symptoms like confusion, hallucinations, fits or altered mental state, laziness, etc.
- You have a kidney problem, the doctor may adjust the dose accordingly.
- You may develop a risk of stomach cancer.
Mode of Action of Topcid 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Topcid 40 tablet acts by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. The stomach produces acid to digest food. Excess production of acid can lead to acidity, heartburn and ulcers. Topcid 40 tablet works by blocking the secretion of gastric acid and thereby reduces the amount of acid present in the stomach. This helps in the relief of acid concerning indigestion and heartburn....
Directions for Use of Topcid 40 MG
Take Topcid 40 tablet orally as instructed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food.
Interactions of Topcid 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Topcid 40 tablet may interact with other medicines and produce an altered response. Please tell your doctor if you are using any other medicines, over-the-counter medicines (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations....
- Medicines that can affect the absorption of this medicine are Fosamprenavir, Atazanavir and Rilpivirine used to treat HIV, Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir to treat Hepatitis C, Erlotinib, Nilotinib, Dasatinib to treat cancer....
- If Tizanidine is used along with Topcid 40 tablet, can cause a drop in blood pressure, low heartbeat or drowsiness.
- Other medicines are Delavirdine mesylate to treat HIV, Cefditoren (antibiotic) and Antibiotics like Itraconazole or Ketoconazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Topcid 40 MG
- Store Topcid tablets below 25°C.
- Keep it in the original container, out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Topcid 40 MG
Symptoms of an overdose are usually the same as adverse effects like constipation, diarrhoea, headache, dizziness, etc. If you think you have taken too much of Topcid 40 medicine, then contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of Topcid 40, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is acid reflux?
A: There is a valve-like structure called the sphincter between the food pipe and stomach. This valve prevents the acid and the food in your stomach from coming back into the food pipe. When this valve is weak or damaged, acid starts entering the stomach causing, heartburn, difficulty in swallowing, food regurgitation.
Q: Can I reduce my acidity problem by changing my lifestyle habits?
A: Yes, there are certain lifestyle changes that can help you to reduce acidity problems such as maintaining a healthy weight, avoid lying down immediately after meals and sitting for long hours, doing regular exercise, taking proper sleep, avoid staying up late at night, eating smaller meals, reduce smoking if you have a smoking habit as smoking can induce stomach ulcer, avoid sugary and processed food, meat, sodas, alcohol and fried food, etc.
Q: What is Topcid 40 tablet used for??
A: Topcid 40 tablet is an antacid medicine, used to treat excess acid production, heartburn, and stomach ulcers.
Q: When to take tab Topcid 40, before or after food?
A: Topcid 40 tablet can be taken with or without food.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand