Thyrodip 10mg Tablet
Thyrodip 10 MG Description
Thyrodip 10 mg tablet is an antithyroid medicine. It is used to treat a condition called hyperthyroidism, in which the thyroid gland starts secreting excess hormones. Thyrodip 10 mg tablet is used to
decrease the function of the thyroid gland. It is also used to decrease the function of the thyroid gland before thyroidectomy and before radio-iodine treatment. Thyrodip 10 mg tablet contains carbimazole as its active component. This medicine should be taken with food to avoid symptoms like nausea and vomiting. It should be taken at a dose and for a duration as mentioned by the doctor. The dose is usually calculated based on the findings of the thyroid function test. You should take medicine regularly and preferably at a particular time of the day so that you do not miss a dose. Taking medicine regularly can give you optimum results and significant relief from your symptoms. The most common side effects that people face after taking this medicine are nausea, headache, joint pain, itching, skin rash, and sensation of tingling and numbness on the hands and feet. Although most of these side effects are mild and should not affect your day-to-day activities, some people may experience severe side effects after taking this medicine. A few examples of severe side effects are sore throat, bleeding, chills, yellowing of the skin and eyes, severe abdominal pain, and fever. In case of severe side effects, you should immediately rush to a nearby hospital. You should inform your doctor about all the medicines you are taking so that any adverse interaction does not occur between the medicines. People suffering from liver diseases should avoid taking Thyrodip 10 mg tablets. This medicine can cause a severe decrease in blood components like white blood cells and platelets. Hence, it is essential to get your blood counts checked at regular intervals, as suggested by your doctor. You should discuss with your doctor about continuing this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Neo Mercazole 10mg Tablet 120'sBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd120 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 549.56₹ 467.13₹ 3.89/Tablet
- Anti Thyrox 10mg TabletBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals100 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 460.00₹ 423.20₹ 4.23/Tablet
Uses of Thyrodip 10 MG
- Treatment of hyperthyroidism,
- To decrease the function of the thyroid gland before surgery,
- Before radioactive iodine therapy.
Contraindications of Thyrodip 10 MG
- Thyrodip 10 mg tablets should not be prescribed to those who have shown allergic reactions to Carbimazole, methimazole, and lactose in the past.
- Thyrodip 10 mg tablets should not be prescribed to those who have been taking anticoagulants like warfarin, as the combination can cause severe bleeding.
- Thyrodip 10 mg tablets should not be prescribed to those suffering from liver diseases as it can further deteriorate the condition of the liver. Regular checkups and laboratory tests like liver function tests are advisable for people with mild liver damage....
- Thyrodip 10 mg tablets should not be prescribed to those with blood disorders as it can severely decrease the white blood cells and platelets. Regular blood tests need to be done to monitor the effect of the medicine on the blood cells of the body....
- Thyrodip 10 mg tablets should not be prescribed to those who suffer from musculoskeletal system disorders as this medicine can worsen the condition.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding females should refrain from taking this medicine as this medicine can cross the placenta and affect the baby. Decreasing the function of the thyroid hormone in babies can lead to mental retardation....
Side effects of Thyrodip 10 MG
- Abnormal loss of hair
- Loss of taste
- Pain in the muscle
- Peripheral neuropathy (sensation of tingling and numbness in hands and feet)
Precautions and Warnings of Thyrodip 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any allergic reactions like fever, headache, swelling, or chills after waking this medicine.
- You witness any signs of yellowing of skin and eyes. You should get your liver function tests done at regular intervals or as suggested by your doctor.
- You experience bleeding or bruising after taking this medicine.
- You witness any musculoskeletal system disorders that you may be suffering from. Thyrodip 10 mg tablets can worsen this condition.
- You should get your blood counts checked at regular intervals. This is because Thyrodip 10 mg tablets can decrease the white blood cells and platelets in the body.
Mode of Action of Thyrodip 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Thyrodip 10 MG
- Thyrodip 10mg Tablet should be taken at a dose and for a duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- The dose of Thyrodip 10 mg tablets should be taken as prescribed.
- In case you experience any side effects, you should take medical help immediately.
- Make sure that the treatment is complete.
- Thyrodip 10mg Tablet should not be discontinued without consulting a doctor.
- Thyrodip 10mg Tablet should be kept in the container with the lid tightly closed.
Interactions of Thyrodip 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Iodine and iodine-containing products decrease the efficacy of Thyrodip 10 mg tablets.
- Cardiac glycosides like digitalis and digoxin should not be combined with Thyrodip 10 mg tablets as the Thyrodip 10 mg tablets decrease the metabolism of these medicines leading to an increase in their serum concentration....
- Oral anticoagulants should not be used along with Thyrodip 10 mg tablets as the combination can increase the chances of bleeding.
- Beta-blockers like Propranolol should not be combined with Thyrodip 10 mg tablets as they can interfere with the action of the medicine.
- Xanthines like theophylline should not be used along with Thyrodip 10 mg tablets as xanthines increase the symptoms of hyperthyroidism like tremors and palpitations. This combination can decrease the efficacy of the treatment....
- Any medicine decreasing the blood count, like atypical antipsychotics (Clozapine), can severely affect the immune system of the body leading to an increase in susceptibility of the body to infections.
Interactions with food items
- Thyrodip 10 mg tablets should be taken with food as taking this medicine on an empty stomach increases the chances of stomach upset.