Ten 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By CENTAUR PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ten Tablet is an anti-diabetic medicine. It contains teneligliptin. The medicine is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. The dose and duration of the medicine will be decided by the tre
ating doctor. Take with or without food. Before initiating the treatment with the medicine you must let the doctor know about the complete medical history. Individuals with high blood sugar or diabetes are at risk of getting health complications like eye, kidney and nerve problems, heart diseases and stroke if not controlled well. It is advisable along with taking the diabetes medications as prescribed by the doctor you must make certain lifestyle modifications. Regular exercise, following a low carb diet, avoid smoking, limit alcohol consumption and maintain a healthy weight. You must check your blood sugar levels....
Uses of Ten 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
It is used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in combination with diet and exercise.
Contraindications of Ten 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to teneligliptin or other ingredients of the medicine.
- If the diabetes is uncontrolled and complications like ketosis (serious metabolism-related problem), diabetic coma or pre-coma develops.
- If you are undergoing surgery or suffer from a serious physical injury and insulin injection is used to control blood sugar.
Side effects of Ten 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Low blood sugar
- Increased body temperature
Precautions and Warnings of Ten 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Ten Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information is available about the safety of the medicine in pregnancy. If pregnancy is detected while on treatment with the medicine consult the doctor.
Can I take Ten Tablet while breastfeeding?
Breastfeeding must be discontinued while taking the medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ten Tablet?
One must always be careful of symptoms of low blood sugar while driving. In case you experience dizziness, drowsiness, visual disturbances and sweating, stop driving and have sugar/ juice. Avoid consuming sugar-free items when you experience such episodes, keep sugar, juice or a bar of chocolate in the car with you while driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Ten Tablet?
If you consume alcohol in excess or frequently care is necessary. Alcohol consumption while taking the medicine leads to low blood glucose. Inform your doctor about your drinking habits and accordingly, he may suggest what will work for you.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver and kidney disorders.
- You have a known history of pancreatitis or you develop pain in the stomach or back, stop the medicine and report to the hospital.
- You are malnourished, dieting, taking an irregular meal, doing vigorous muscle exercise and consuming too much alcohol, then you may experience low blood sugar.
- You have undergone surgery on the stomach or intestine.
- You suffer from heart problems like irregular heart rhythm and heart failure as it may increase the symptoms further.
- You are taking other medicines to treat diabetes like insulin and glimepiride, caution is needed as there is a fall in blood glucose.
Mode of Action of Ten 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
- When we eat, glucose concentration increases in the body. In response to that small intestine increases the release of a chemical called incretins. These controls blood glucose. These are degraded byan enzyme called DPPP-4. Teneligliptin inhibits the action of DPP-4 enzymes and slows down the rapid degradation of incretins....Read more
- It increases insulin synthesis by the pancreas and decreases glucagon levels which are a counter-hormone of insulin, decreases blood sugar levels.
Directions for Use of Ten 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
It must be taken as a whole with a sufficient amount of water. Take after food every day at the same time.
Interactions of Ten 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- You may have symptoms of low blood sugar if you are taking other medicines for diabetes, medicines used to treat psychiatric illness, medicines for fever and pain (salicylates like aspirin) and othermedicines used to treat high blood pressure....Read more
- Medicines like steroids, adrenaline and medicines used for thyroid disorders like thyroxine if taken along increases blood sugar.
- Medicines used for the treatment of heart rhythm disorder must be used carefully while taking the medicine. Inform the doctor about the medicines, herbals, supplements you are taking or might take toavoid possible interaction....Read more
Storage and disposal of Ten 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store below 25°C protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Ten 20mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Symptoms of an overdose of Ten Tablet includes low blood sugar levels and may experience symptoms like dizziness, fainting, sweating and tremors, confusion, etc. In such a situation if you have the bl
ood glucometer with you, test immediately. If the value is less than 70mg/dL, have some juice, candy bar or sugar as they will help to raise the blood sugar from low levels. Seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
Missing a dose is not advised as it will lead to fluctuations in blood sugar. If you have missed taking a dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for the next dose, skip the mi
ssed dose and continue with the regular dosing schedule. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What lifestyle modifications do I need to consider to manage diabetes?
- The disease cannot be cured completely. You have to control it by making few lifestyle modifications.
- Plan your diet, limit carbohydrate and sugar intake, exercise regularly and monitor the blood glucose regularly.
- Along with this take the anti-diabetic medication and at the same time for effective blood glucose control.
Q: What is hypoglycemia?
A: Hypoglycemia causes blood sugar levels to drop. It is 70 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) or less. This might be different for an individual, check with the doctor to know more about it.
Q: What are the signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia?
A: Common signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia includes headache, dizziness, blurred vision, feeling shaky, hungry, thirsty and sweaty. You may also feel irritated, trouble concentrating, confused or disoriented.
Last Updated on: 25 Aug 2021 | 08:06 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved