Tapal 50mg Tablet
By MSN LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Tapal 50 mg tablet is a prescription medicine used for moderate to severe pain relief. Tapal 50 mg has Tapentadol as the active ingredient. Tapentadol is a type of opioid analgesic given when other medications do not work effectively. Tapentadol works by changing how the brain responds to pain. Tapal 50 mg tablet can have various side effects like headache, stomach pain, dry mouth, anxiety, dryness and drowsiness. The doctor should be informed about any medication the patient is currently taking to avoid adverse effects. The doctor should also be informed if the patient is pregnant or breastfeeding as Tapal is not recommended in both cases. Tapal tablets should be avoided if the patient has asthma as they can cause respiratory depression. Tapal tablets should only be taken according to a doctor’s recommended dose and schedule. It tends to form a habit, so the medicine should not be taken beyond the prescribed dose....
|You Save||₹32.13 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Side effects||Headache, Stomach pain, Constipation, Dry mouth, Anxiety, Dryness|
|Classification||ANALGESIC FOR SEVERE PAIN|
Check more medicines with composition as Tapentadol(50.0 Mg)
Uses of Tapal 50 MG
- Tapal is used to relieve moderate to severe pain in the following cases:
- Neural pain
Contraindications of Tapal 50 MG
- Tapal 50 mg is contraindicated in the following cases:
- If you are allergic or hypersensitive to Tapentadol
- If you have respiratory depression or asthma
- If you have paralytic ileus, which is the inability of the intestine to move the food forward
- If you have or had Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAO) like Selegiline in the past 14 days
Side effects of Tapal 50 MG
- Side effects of Tapal 50 mg include the following:
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Tapal 50 MG
Can I take Tapal 50 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Tapal tablets, if used in the last months of pregnancy, can harm the baby. The baby can have withdrawal symptoms like tremors, inability to sleep, hyperactivity, vomiting and diarrhoea. Please inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy. The doctor will weigh your situation meticulously and will advise the best for you.
Can I take Tapal 50 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
The use of Tapal tablets is generally not advised in breastfeeding mothers. Please inform the doctor if you are breastfeeding. The doctor will advise the best suitable option.
Can I drive if I have taken Tapal 50 mg tablet?
Tapal can affect the capacity to drive correctly. You should monitor yourself for any changes after taking the medicine before driving any vehicle to ensure safety.
Can I consume alcohol with the Tapal tablet?
Alcohol can increase depressive effects on the nervous system. It can also increase the severity of side effects and drowsiness, and dizziness. Kindly avoid alcohol consumption while taking the Tapal tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any history of kidney, liver, or lung disorders.
- You or your family member suffers from depression or any other mental illness.
- You have a history of seizures.
- You are currently taking any medications, vitamins, or supplements, even if it is ayurvedic or any other category.
- You have a doubt about driving a vehicle or operating any heavy machinery after taking Tapal tablets.
- You want to discontinue or alter the dose of Tapal tablets. It can cause withdrawal symptoms characterised by anxiety, sweating, chills, inability to sleep, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, fast breathing and heartbeat. Please do not abruptly stop the tablet without prior approval from the doctor....
- You notice unusual symptoms. It can be due to Serotonin Syndrome and can cause confusion, dilated pupils, headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, tremors, sweating, and a fast heartbeat.
- You have a history or present head injury. Tapal tablet has the potential to worsen the injury by increasing intracranial pressure.
Mode of Action of Tapal 50 MG
How Does It Work?
Tapal 50 mg has Tapentadol as the active ingredient. Tapentadol is a type of opioid analgesic used to relieve acute pain. It inhibits the reuptake of a chemical called norepinephrine that changes the brain's response. Thus, it relieves the pain and discomfort....
Directions for Use of Tapal 50 MG
- Tapal 50 mg tablet can be taken only with a doctor’s recommendation. You need to maintain the advised dose and schedule. It is generally advised to take the medicine for a short period to relieve the pain. Tapal tablets can be taken with or without food. Please do not stop taking the Tapal tablet without consulting the doctor. Do not stop taking the Tapal tablet without consulting the doctor. It can worsen the present situation. The Tapal tablet has to be consumed orally with water. The tablets should not be distorted in any way for consumption....
Interactions of Tapal 50 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Tapal tablets can interact with Nalbuphine (painkiller), Cyclobenzaprine (muscle relaxant), Fluoxetine (anti-depressant), Alprazolam (anti-anxiety) and increase the depressive effect on the nervous system....
- Naltrexone (used to treat dependence) can increase the severity of side effects.
- Tapal tablets can decrease the efficacy of Amiloride (medicine for high blood pressure). Tramadol (painkiller) can lead to serotonin syndrome characterised by nausea, sweating, vomiting, fast heartbeat, drowsiness, etc....
- Amphetamine (stimulant) can increase the analgesic property of Tapal tablets. Rifampicin (antibiotic) can reduce the metabolism of Tapal. Also, Tapal can decrease the absorption of Clopidogrel (a medicine used to prevent blood clots), which further reduces its efficacy....
Interactions with food items
- Tapal 50 mg tablet does not interact with any particular food item.
Storage and disposal of Tapal 50 MG
Keep away from direct sources of heat and light. Please do not store the tablets in direct sunlight. Store at room temperature and do not refrigerate. Keep the tablets away from children and pets at home. Please do not flush unused medicines. Dispose of the medicines properly through take-back programmes....
Dosage of Tapal 50 MG
Overdose of Tapal 50 mg tablets can cause side effects like vomiting, convulsions, respiratory depression, coma and syncope. Please take the person to the hospital immediately. Naloxone is an antidote that can be used to reverse the reaction. Please do not share Tapal tablets with anyone you know with similar symptoms. It can lead to overdose....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed a dose, please take the Tapal tablet as soon as you remember. If it is almost the time for the next dose, consider skipping the missed one. Never double the dose, as it can lead to severe side effects and even overdose. You should set the alarm to remind yourself of the dose if you tend to forget the timings often....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am having constipation since I am taking the Tapal 50 mg tablet. What should I do?
A: Constipation is one of the common side effects of the Tapal tablet. Please increase the consumption of fibre in the diet. Kindly consult your doctor if the situation does not improve.
Q: Can Tapal 50 mg tablet be habit-forming?
A: Yes, Tapal tablets have a high potential for abuse and dependence. Please adhere to the dose prescribed by the doctor and do not share the medicine with anyone.
Q: I am taking some other painkillers as well. Should I continue taking those?
A: Please inform the doctor about each medication you are currently taking to avoid complications.
- Accessdata.fda.gov. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022] -
- Palexia 50 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022] -
- Tapentadol: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 7 March 2022]. Available from:
Expires on or After