Superia Dsr Capsule
Superia Dsr Capsule Description
Superia DSR capsule contains a combination of rabeprazole and domperidone, an anti-reflux medicine. It is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) also known as acid reflux condition. The
acid from the stomach flows back up to the food pipe along with contents of the stomach characterised by heartburn, chest pain, burning, pain and regurgitation of food or sour liquid due to irritation of the stomach. This medicine lowers the acid secretion in the stomach and prevents the outflow of contents of the stomach to the food pipe. Superia DSR capsule should be taken at least 30min before meals for the best result. Avoid spicy and oily food while on this medicine.
|You Save||₹25.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Rabeprazole(20.0 Mg) + Domperidone(30.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea, constipation|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-EMETIC|
- Rabizena Dsr CapsuleBy Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 137.50₹ 116.8720.53% CHEAPER₹ 11.69/Capsule
- Rabesec Dsr CapsuleBy Cipla Gx10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 146.41₹ 124.4515.43% CHEAPER₹ 12.45/Capsule
- Rabefresh Dsr CapsuleBy Smart Laboratories Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 100.00₹ 85.0042.22% CHEAPER₹ 8.50/Capsule
- Domrab CapsuleBy Medley Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 141.00₹ 119.8518.56% CHEAPER₹ 11.98/Capsule
- Rabium Dsr Strip Of 15 CapsulesBy Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 192.00₹ 163.2026.04% CHEAPER₹ 10.88/Capsule
- Rebozen Dsr CapsuleBy Leeford Healthcare Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 90.00₹ 63.0057.17% CHEAPER₹ 6.3/Capsule
- Bayurab Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Bayu Healthcare Pvt Ltd10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 110.00₹ 110.0025.22% CHEAPER₹ 11/Capsule
- Strovo Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy D.r. Johns Lab Pharma10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 107.69₹ 91.5437.8% CHEAPER₹ 9.15/Capsule
- Rabozit Dsr Strip Of 10 CapsulesBy Exquisite Pharma10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 85.00₹ 72.2550.85% CHEAPER₹ 7.23/Capsule
- Rabeloc Rd CapsuleBy Cadila Pharmaceuticals Limited10 Capsule(s) in StripMRP 170.50₹ 144.921.5% CHEAPER₹ 14.49/Capsule
Uses of Superia Dsr Capsule
Contraindications of Superia Dsr Capsule
- If you are allergic to rabeprazole or domperidone or any other ingredients of the Superia DSR capsule.
- If you have or ever had bleeding or obstruction in the stomach or intestine.
- If you have any liver or kidney-related problems.
- If you have prolactin pituitary tumours (tumour of the pituitary gland).
- If you have any heart conditions such as heart failure, heart rhythm problems, electrolyte or salt imbalance.
- Medicines known to alter heart rhythm should not be taken along. If you are not sure about these medicines ask your doctor.
Side effects of Superia Dsr Capsule
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
Precautions and Warnings of Superia Dsr Capsule
Other General Warnings
- You develop watery diarrhoea, fever after taking this medicine.
- You experience black stools.
- You have a stomach tumour.
- You have a history of fractures or have osteoporosis or taking steroids.
- You have liver and kidney disease or kidney failure.
- You have heart problems and associated symptoms like palpitations, difficulty in breathing, unconsciousness.
- You are on this medicine for more than three months. Your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- You develop skin lesions especially in the sun-exposed area after taking this medicine
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12. This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use. Supplements may be needed.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- Superia DSR capsule should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Superia Dsr Capsule
How Does It Work?
- A pump called the proton pump in the stomach is responsible for the secretion of stomach acids. Rabeprazole binds to this proton pump in stomach cells, thus blocking acid secretion.
- Domperidone increases the motility of the stomach and intestines so that acid does not reflux back into the food pipe.
Directions for Use of Superia Dsr Capsule
- Superia DSR capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken preferably in the morning before food. It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Superia Dsr Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- There is limited information available on the interaction of this combination with other medicines. However, as this medicine contains rabeprazole and domperidone, any interactions seen with these two components when taken alone may occur with this combination....
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for brain-related disorders....
- Medicine used to treat heart failure like digoxin may lead to toxicity when taken with this medicine.
- If you are taking blood-thinning medicine such as warfarin, caution is needed as there are chances of increased bleeding.
Storage and disposal of Superia Dsr Capsule
- Store below 25°C, protected from moisture and light.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Superia Dsr Capsule
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I am suffering from a liver problem. Is the Superia DSR capsule safe for me?
Q: I get acidity quite often, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen the reflux.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks and soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to worsen acid reflux.
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers like Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.