Supaxin Inj 100ml
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Supaxin Injection is an antibiotic medicine used for the treatment of certain bacterial infections like infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract. It contains ofloxacin. It is not to be used in viral infections like flu, cold, etc. It will be administered in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. Inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about the detailed medical history, before starting the medicine....
Uses of Supaxin Inj 100ml
Supaxin Injection is used in the treatment of bacterial infection of lungs, airways, throat, skin, soft tissues and urinary tract.
Contraindications of Supaxin Inj 100ml
- If you are allergic to ofloxacin or other ingredients of Supaxin Injection.
- If you have a history of fits.
- Having problems related to a tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis).
- If you are pregnant or are planning to conceive or if you are breastfeeding.
- If your age is less than 18 years.
- You may have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency.
Side effects of Supaxin Inj 100ml
- Injection site reaction like pain, swelling and redness.
- Swelling of veins (phlebitis).
Precautions and Warnings of Supaxin Inj 100ml
Can I take Supaxin Injection during pregnancy?
Avoid the medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Supaxin Injection while breastfeeding?
Supaxin Injection can pass into human breast milk and can harm the baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking the medicine.
Can I drive if I have taken Supaxin Injection?
You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances after taking the injection. Avoid driving if feel unwell or unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Supaxin Injection?
Avoid alcohol while taking the medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You may experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints, muscle weakness, joint pain, nerve-related problems, confusion, lack of sleep, anxiety, fits, etc. during the treatment.
- You may experience allergic reaction like swollen throat, face, rash, fever, breathing difficulty, other infection after taking Supaxin Injection.
- You may experience severe and persistent diarrhoea after taking the medicine.
- You may have a pre-existing medical condition like kidney or liver-related problems, diabetes, or kind of heart problems like abnormal heart rhythm, brain-related disorder, etc.
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen during the treatment.
- If you suffer from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose occurs, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating.
- It is advised to keep yourself well hydrated during the treatment.
- Keep a regular check on liver or kidney function during prolonged treatment.
Mode of Action of Supaxin Inj 100ml
How Does It Work?
The medicine inhibits bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Supaxin Inj 100ml
- The injection will be given in the hospital by the doctor or nurse as an injection.
- Do not self inject the medicine.
Interactions of Supaxin Inj 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Supaxin Injection may interact with other medicines, discuss with the doctor about the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking.
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for gout or arthritis, antibiotics, antidepressants, antacids, painkillers, medicines for breathing-related problems like theophylline, antidiabetic medicines etc....
- Other medicines that should be used with caution are oral anticoagulants like warfarin, painkillers like ibuprofen, medicines for heart-related disorders like quinidine, anti-cancer medicines like methotrexate etc....
- Also, you should inform the doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Supaxin Inj 100ml
- Store Supaxin Injection at room temperature. Do not freeze it.
- Protect it from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Dosage of Supaxin Inj 100ml
The injection will be given by the doctor or nurse, therefore it is less likely to give you more or less of the medicine. However, symptoms may include confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse on when the medicine should be given to you. Thus a dose will not be missed. However, if you think the doctor or nurse might have missed a dose inform them....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I remember while taking Supaxin Injection?
- If you develop watery or bloody diarrhoea during the treatment, inform the doctor immediately.
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- Inform the doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, swelling after exposure to sun or other allergic reactions.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.