Sizodon Md 0.5mg Tablet
Sizodon Md 0.5 MG Description
Sizodon Md Tablet is a prescription medicine indicated for patients with mental illnesses like Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder. Schizophrenia is a disorder wherein a patient cannot differentiate r
ality from hallucinations. Patients with Bipolar disorder tend to have severe mood swings with extreme behaviour. Sizodon Tablet has Risperidone as the main ingredient. Risperidone is an antipsychotic medication that works by balancing certain chemicals in the brain. Side effects of the Sizodon Md Tablet include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation, dry mouth and weight gain. It should only be taken according to the recommended dose and schedule. Sizodon Md Tablet cannot be discontinued without consulting the doctor
Uses of Sizodon Md 0.5 MG
- Bipolar disorder
- Autism related behaviour disorder
Contraindications of Sizodon Md 0.5 MG
- If you are hypersensitive or allergic to Risperidone
- If you are taking amisulpride (Antipsychotic medicine)
Side effects of Sizodon Md 0.5 MG
- Dry mouth
- Weight gain
- Increased appetite
Precautions and Warnings of Sizodon Md 0.5 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of liver, kidney, heart or mental disorders.
- You have dementia, eye problem, high blood pressure or high cholesterol. Avoid overheating your body as it can lead to heatstroke.
- You are taking any other medicines, vitamins or supplements along with the medication.
- You notice a rise in your blood sugar.
- You are an elderly who has dementia.
- You feel dizzy when you get up from the bed; it can be due to orthostatic hypotension, a common side effect of the Sizodon tablet. Consider getting up slowly from the bed.
- You should stay in a cool environment and stay hydrated. You should keep a check on blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- You might not see any effects for a few weeks after starting the medicine; continue with the advised dose. Do not alter the dose without consulting the doctor.
Mode of Action of Sizodon Md 0.5 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Sizodon Md 0.5 MG
- Sizodon Md Tablet should be consumed only with a doctor’s recommendation. You can have it with or without food.
- Try to maintain a strict schedule and have the tablet at the same time every day.
- The tablet has to be taken orally with some water. It should not be manipulated in any way by either crushing or breaking it.
Interactions of Sizodon Md 0.5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Metoclopramide (used for stomach related issues), Alprazolam (anti-anxiety medicine)- it can increase the severity of side effects
- Aceclofenac (painkiller)- it can increase the risk of increased blood pressure
- Cyclobenzaprine (Muscle relaxant)- it can increase the risk of nervous system depression
- Acetaminophen (painkiller)- it can reduce the effect of risperidone on the body
Interactions with food items
- Sizodon Md tablet is not known to interact with any food item.